1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Sky getting rinsed by Matth on New Year's Day ffs <doh>

#matthburn

In secret we know Sky's put a tonne on Pogba to win the Ballon D'or next year.

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Who #rattled this ****ers cage?

Might put £5 on Utd finishing 6th, but the odds are ****.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Sky you're firing blanks as usual.

Stick to what you normally do and bet on Liverpool to finish mid-table. You'll keep making money that way.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

He pisses on Fabregas and Matic and, even if you insist you'd keep the ugly bowlegged **** pig in your midfield, Pogba is still on a different planet to Can or Wijnaldum.
    As for Arsenal or Spurs <laugh>

Ergo, he walks into every midfield in the premier league.

<ok>

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Fellaini would walk into the RS midfield.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The problem is he walks into ours too often <grr>

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. Skylarker

Our balance is perfect in Midfield. He wouldn't replace Hendo, Lallana, or Wijnaldum (our first 11 midfield 3).

Pogba might be a better player than Wijnaldum but he's perfect with the other 2.

I'd keep our 3 rather than risk upsetting the balance...

Although Hendo, Lallana and Pogba could be quite tasty tbf!

Believe it or not, I think Pogba is a very good midfielder <ok>

Basically, **** knows.

8. Skylarker

You mad bro?

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

one of his many problems is that walk is all he does . Ferguson might have thought that Hendo runs incorrectly but at least he could form an opinion on him unlike Fellaini

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Out of interest who would you put him in ahead of at Arsenal? With everyone fit our midfield three is probably Coquelin, Cazorla, Ozil. No chance he plays instead of Ozil at number 10. Cazorla makes our midfield tick and Coquelin is there purely for defensive responsibilities and Pogba is wasted as an out and out DM.

I like Pogba a lot as a player and think he will be a very good player for you lot but I don't think he'd walk into the Arsenal midfield when everyone is fit as we have a well balanced trio. With Cazorla out injured like he is now though then I think Pogba would start regularly as we are playing more of a central two who share offensive and defensive responsibilities. There is more of a box to box role available currently than there normally is.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Jose needed time to fit in and get over last year. The good thing too is that his attitude was already starting to turn the corner before we started this streak. He was starting to become more philosophical on things. His game plan yesterday and substitution were also spot on.

Another thing happened yesterday that I don't think many people noticed. Martial was almost injured. Walked off the pitch only for him to come back and score the crucial goal. That is what Jose wants from his players - fighting spirit. I really hope Martial gets his old sell back and push for the next 19 games.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's not the same player as Ozil, agreed. Mourinho did try that with us and it didn't work.

He's better than Coquelin so that's your answer.
    I think that ultimately he's a better player than Carzola but isn't the same type of player, would no doubt compliment him by playing alongside, as he does Carrick and Herrera with us.
    He plays better in a 3 man midfield facing and attacking goal, not with his back to it further forward. Whether that fits in with Arsenal I don't know.

cytrax likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Don't make me laugh... The way Pogba has been playing since October was worth every cent we payed for him. He is not your a cute player like Ozil but he has pure physical presence on the field and strong on the ball. He dribbles, short and long passes and gets in good positions to score. Not much has been said of his brilliance lately, but at this rate, he is going to become a phenom in the Premier League. Especially once he starts putting the chances away.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Jose's demeanour has definitely changed in the last few weeks, he was laughing all through the game yesterday even when Zlatan's goal was ruled out, a few weeks ago he would have either got sent off or sat sulking about that. Maybe his personal life has improved, I know his father has been ill for some time and he was missing his wife and kids, maybe its something else entirely but what ever it was seems to have improved for now.
    Martial has the ability and the attitude to make it here, Memphis has the ability but lacks the mental strength, I still think he tries too hard to do something spectacular in order to impress when he gets a chance instead of just doing the right thing.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Martial is a brilliant player, all the ability in the world. Will be a huge success and I see him eventually as a central striker once the Zlatan finishes.

Sadly, Depay has none of that. Shame but I don't see a way back in for him, there are too many ahead in the queue. Not least Tony M.

16. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Jose is more relaxed because he's found his best team. The performances are there but the goals need to improve.

Shame that Depay and schneideling (viewed initially as the new Carrick) and Bastian (who was always going to be a short term squad player) seem to be on their way. I find it interesting that every manager we had seem to think more of Fellaini than the fans. With the number of matches we have, the likes of blind, mata, Lingard, Darmian. Mensa, will provide the back up for a strong second string.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Is Big Tim out on loan because he doesn't seem to be making the bench at the moment.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I still can't ****ing understand how Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin are surplus to requirements but Fellaini is not. It's piss poor.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Personally I think he replaces Ozil. With Pogba in the team you don't need a dedicated number 10, you can have Pogba playing in a midfield three alongside Coquelin and Cazorla, playing the same roles as Carrick and Herrera.

He carries pretty much the same attacking threat as Ozil, maybe with slightly fewer goals but makes more passes and plays more attacking balls. But gives so much more in physical presence and defence. Although as afcftw says, you would have to consider sacrificing a bit of performance in the short term in exchange for a superior long term outcome, just as we did whilst slotting him in early in the season.

Same with Liverpool - he would easily replace Wijy or Henderson provided they were willing to sacrifice short term performance for a better long term attacking threat from midfield. Just depends on whether you are willing to take a risk to get to the very top or happy to stay where you are and not risk it.

Diego likes this.
  20. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

No I'm not, He walks into every midfield in the premier league, Including Liverpool's.