1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Didn't we score from a cross rather than a long ball?

The Liverpool fans seem to be objecting to a team not playing through the middle and/or being able to play in various different ways.

It's their one dimensional football that will hold them back. Again.

2. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Yeah we can still get to 91 points mathematically <laugh>

Christiansmith likes this.
  3. See, if I wrote something like that, people would think I was on the wum.

Admittedly, I would be on the wum, but it ought not to be assumed that I always am.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The talentless but willing RS runners made life difficult for United. They were gifted a penalty. Not as if they created it themselves or deserved it. On any other day United would have won this game comfortably. Carrick, Pogba and Co should have been more prepared by JM for their pressing swarming style.

It will work with good sides but useless against defending sides or sides who will play long balls. #kloppyflop will need to find another strategy for his average players.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Pogba having an extremely off day is the bottom line in this game, that and Mingnolet suddenly becoming a decent keeper.

I'm sure if Pogba had played anywhere near well we'd have created the additional couple of chances to win the game. That and he wouldn't have given Liverpool their goal. He played **** though. Bad timing to say the least.

Liverpool weren't very good either to be frank and if they're currently top three then there's no reason why we won't ultimately finish there and kick on next season. Can't say I ever expected us to win the league this year so that will have to do.

Over the next few weeks the current top four or five play each other a number of times. We don't, assuming we reach the EFL cup final. That's where we need to capitalise and get ourselves into the top three.

It's at the end of the season when we play Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal and, probably, City where we will have to have improved as our record against the current top teams isn't great. A good couple of months between now and then though, in the meantime we need to get into the top three and be in a position to defend that when the games come around.

You'd think we got spanked yesterday given the (over)reaction to the game.

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The RS are now jizzing themselves on their board as they were ****ting in their pants about this game. Drawing against us is for them like winning a trophy. They were simply lucky to get gifted a penalty and get a point like in many of their matches.

They are in a #false position. At the end of the season they will be in rank 5-8 as their natural final places. <ok>

7. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I just think Pogba had a rush of blood to the head, the occasion got to him - and no wonder. He is still only 23 and whether we like to acknowledge it or not, there must be immense pressure on him due to the size of the transfer fee and the weight of expectation that goes with it. This isn't some 30yr old experienced player who is used to being in the spotlight - he is still young - a work in progress, so the odd bad day at the office is to be expected. Working with the likes of Carrick, Ibra and other experienced players in the squad will do him the power of good. One error in a (big) game shouldn't be allowed to cloud what has been a period of considerable improvement in his general game.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The hilarious thing about it is them drawing at home to us was also seen as a major victory and was seen as massive failure by us.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It hasn't clouded my judgement, if you want someone referring to him as a 90 million pound waste of space look elsewhere on the thread!!!

It wasn't just the hand ball though, he did have a very poor game all round, bar the last fifteen minutes maybe when he seemed to get his head back together. I agree completely that this will be his age and getting over hyped by the whole game.

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<whistle>

11. Red Hadron Collider

Too true and that's a pint you owe me <laugh>

12. Red Hadron Collider

Me <whistle>

13. Red Hadron Collider

So. More shots and more on target, more corners and more touches in your half and area. Bet hey, we were the defensive side. What a **** he is <ok>

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I haven't looked at the stats but more shots on target?

I don't recall de Dea having to make a save of any note. Mignolet, however, made at least three top drawer saves, probably four. This proves that stats are just bollocks, I can see with my own eyes we had you under the cosh for at least the last half hour and your only real chance was a penalty.

Anyway, here's your pint.

<ale>

Enjoy.

15. Style

Style 'where is the love'

This is spot on, if we had been more clinical it would have been a different result.

There best chance came from a free penalty that we had no reason to give away.

16. Red Hadron Collider

Not good enough. I want it bought for me personally in the Cheese <grr>

I honest;y thought we were the best team on the day. Those stats are correct <ok>

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Do you think Jose is parking the bus or trying to play the United way

18. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I think we saw a different game, you had them 'under the cosh, for about 15-20mins when Fellaini came on and you started hoofing it to him. Yet in that time, they had the better chances to score, especially Wijnuldum. Your goal should've been disallowed and you should've been down to 10 (or even 9) men by the end. You lot must be dreading video replays coming in.

19. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Nope parking the bus. Everything about his system is very negative. Big man up front, 3 central midfielders, none who are natural attackers, and a deep defensive line.

He is not playing to the strength of the payers we have at all, and that's why we are in 6th.

We are struggling for goals so why Mata does not play every game is beyond me, is 2 negative midfield players not enough for defensive security? That he has to put our best attacking central midfield player on the bench, to go with 3 players shielding the back 4.

Its just the same negative boring stuff that Mourinho has been playing throughout his entire managerial career, and I'm fed up of watching it this season :biggrin:

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We definitely were watching a different game if you thought we should have had any player sent off, let alone two.

Is De Gea still **** by the way? What with all the youtube clips you've seen of him.