1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Poor game lads in the end (again) but I thought a fair result.

Surprised you went long ball tbh.

Things have changed.

2. Gotcha!

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Some one had to bite otherwise you would have been on our board all night boring the ar5e of people. Call it my civic duty. Now go help find a sponsor for Levy's $400m white elephant.

4. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Well who was the one who payed 85 million for a player with a left foot like a sand iron, and who can't even do a simple task like mark his opennent at corners. Carrick didn't do as badly as the pundits tried to make us believe, and was knowhere near the worst player in the first half. Pogba was by far the worst, and Martial Was pretty poor too. Ibra didn't really do a lot, though admittedly he redeemed himself later with the nice finish for the goal.

Mourinho for me has done very little right in his time so far with us. He's bought poorly, and his tactics are boring and unimaginative.

Not just 1 big man but 2 big men up front <laugh> the likes of Big Sam and Tony Pulis must have in awe of it all <laugh>

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I think his buys so far haven't been bad. Bailly, Pogba, zlatan and Mikhi are all first teamers and will play when fit.

6. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Mentality for me is right, we have that refuse to lose attitude about us. The problem is we consistently don't take our chances.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And you resorted to sticking 11 behind the ball.

Somethings haven't changed.

Stan likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'd add that we don't create enough clear cut chances from very good positions.

Style likes this.
  9. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Away at United - that's to be expected.

Having said that we had more shots in total and more on target.

After all the money spent you resorted to a Van Gaal player and Moyes tactics.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And yet when we did that away to you, it wasn't to be expected?

Towards the end of a match at 1-0 down? Yes why not? It worked didn't it. A sweeping statement from you based on the last 20 mins of 1 game is incorrect and suggests you haven't been watching us very much this season.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Neither team did enough to really take the game by the scruff. Fair result, disappointed as I thought we had managed to grab all three.

I said we needed at least a point, we now have to beat Swansea and then Chelsea to be in with a chance of catching them.

You lot have a chance of top 4 IMO.

Style likes this.
  12. King Shergar

Well he's obviously going to play them if he's bought them. For me though the only good signing has been Mikatariyan.

I know you may find it strange that I don't include Ibra in that. Ibra has done well in terms of scoring goals, but I feel building the team around him the way we have has had a negative effect on the ability of the rest of the squad.

I think the ability to finsh is still there with Ibra, if you give him the chances he will score. But it can be like playing with 10 men, as he just doesn't have the legs to put a shift in. That has ment we've had to play a more negative way to accommodate him, by sitting back to much and not pressing teams.

I'd like to see a front 3 of Mikitariyan, Rashford and Lingard, I think we'd really put the oppositions defence under a lot more pressure if we went with more energy upfront :biggrin:

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Put up with him?

If this twat doesn't like it he can turn his tv off or close his laptop, which is about the sum total of his own contribution.

Ridiculous plastic dick wads with a undeserved sense of entitlement like this prick are what give actual fans a bad name.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I find it more strange you don't include Bailly.

15. King Shergar

Honestly speaking you guys have little hope of catching Chelsea, you just don't have good enough players, I think securing a CL spot is the best you can hope for. None of your players would get a game at Chelsea(No Wum intended) The only side who I feel can challenge Chelsea are Spurs. They for me have the best first 11 in the Premier League at the moment, and are the only side with the ability to challenge :biggrin:

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Fact is if we beat them then we have a chance regardless of opinion on our players.

17. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

TBH i was hoping he wouldn't come on as we cannot cope with direct football (possible if Matip was available) but there you ago . Draw probably fair result but obviously we should have won :bandit:

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh **** you @luvgonzo if we're going to get slated by Shergar, so are you!! <laugh>

19. King Shergar

Well if we won all our remaining games, we'd probably win the league too. Isn't going to happen though :biggrin:

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

stick a #nojinx in there mate just for good measure <laugh>

taeleon likes this.