1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nope, it will probably snatched off us by City or Spurs, we will stumble into 4th <ok>

glazerfodder and Christiansmith like this.
  2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Because he was not in the game. The high pressing high energy game by the RS was passing him by. Fellaini is used whenever we have to play long. Now people understand why he has been retained.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think we've been spoiled with some great players over the last 25-30 years and I suppose I'm just used to how reliable and sharp they were in that final third, compared to our current crop (and I include Cole and Yorke in that believe it or not). We do all the work to get the ball to that final third and then it honestly seems to me like they just play the ball into the area on the "law of probability" that a) the ball will find its way past the defender, and b) one of our players will be on the end of it, rather than actually crafting a clear cut chance.

Christiansmith likes this.
  4. Matth, I am so bloody glad that we got rid of Carrick tbh.

Diego likes this.
  5. perla_laugh.jpg

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Do you remember that song the Spuds fans used to sing about Sherringham after he left you?

7. Christiansmith

We definitely need a clinical finisher. We create chances but we can't rely on zlatan to score all the our goals. That should be our priority. We could have given rashford a go today. Against a tiring RS team, he could have had some joy.

8. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I thought it was because he was injured, ( I've nothing since the game finished ).

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You don't think City will drop that far then, maybe Arsenal?

10. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

How we did not beat that dire Liverpool side il never know. Individual mistakes, mainly from our 85 million waste of space, and poor tactical decisions from our clueless manager, stopped us taking advantage of a Liverpool side who where there for the taking. People laugh at Fergie for letting Pogba go for nothing. When in actual fact the only person we should be laughing at is Mourinho for paying all that money to bring him back. Fergie was spot on with his assessment, just as he was with his assessment of Rooney who should have been sold years ago to.

Mata should be playing from the start, I'm fed up of this bus parking formation, with a holding midfielder and 2 centre mids, who aren't natural attackers.

Not sure what Mourinho was playing at with his substitutions either. How can he take off Carrick(our best passer) at half time, and leave Pogba on the field, who continued to be awful in the 2nd half.

Bringing on Rooney and Fellaini, and leaving the pace of Rashford on the bench was yet another howler. Not to mention moving our only decent attacker with pace Mikitariyan to full back, and going with a front 4 of Rooney, Mata, Ibra and Fellaini (all slow players). So we then spent the majority of the 2nd just hoofing ball after ball up to Ibra and Fellaini.

I'm fed up of watching this Mourinho bus parking dross every week, and I fear it is only going to get worse, the longer he is incharge:biggrin:

11. Hang on...! Yeah, I think I do!

:emoticon-0159-music
    Teddy-boy! Oh, Teddy-boy!
    Enjoy this while it lasts!
    United will be **** one day!
    Oh! Enjoy it while it lasts! :emoticon-0159-music

It was something like that, wasn't it, Trebs?

12. Christiansmith

City is definitely on the slide. We need to restart getting 3 points. It is interesting that 4th is as difficult to get as 2nd.

13. I don't care what happens to either of those teams.

What I do know is that this Spurs side can beat any team in the Prem.

It United finish above us, it will be utterly undeserved.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think they need to work on it in training tbph. I honestly wonder whether we are, it's been going on for months.

I want to balance this by saying the work we're doing in terms of winning the ball back and moving it forward, is clear to see. Nobody can fault that. Maybe Mourinho sees it as a process and is tackling each aspect of our game in turn. But it's bloody frustrating. I have no problem with drawing a game when we've played well but the other side has denied us. What's frustrating is playing well and then being the authors of our own shortcomings. Play well and then waste all that good play by not opening up the defence or finishing your chances, is criminal.

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No I think you'll find it was something like...

Teddy went to United and he won **** all!

The next season he took a walk down Tottenham with his League winners medal, FA Cup winners medal and Champions League winners medal dangling round his neck.

They never sung that song again <whistle>

Surely you don't want Carrick to do the same?

16. Christiansmith

Sure.
    But what today has shown is that we are not yet there (which most of us knew anyway) and challenging for the title is now beyond us. But also that we refuse to get beaten and if we cannot win then we shouldn't get beaten.

The only people really happy by this result are the other top 6 sides. Both the RS and United could have made ground on them.

17. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

What sort of fu**wit notion is that. If we finish above you it will be because we have scored more points. How is the £400 million naming rights stadium going.......... looks like Levy can't give the rights away - even to the Chinese, so you will stay a selling feeder club for another decade.

18. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Silver lining - we made up ground on City. Not long ago we were 10 points off them.

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

^^^^^^^
    #plasticmeltdown

george the blue and Diego like this.
  20. Christiansmith

Well it wasn't JM finest hour. But more to blame were the players like Pogba and Carrick who said somehow let the occasion get to them instead of playing their normal game. The only thing I thought he could have done better was to introduce Rashford. His speed could have made a difference but he at least deserves some credit for changing things.

There is no doubt that we are better than LVG's or Moyes's United. But let's review at the end of the season. You are going to have to out up with him for at least another 2 seasons :)