1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Hull City

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

My view is that draws are not what we need at the moment. Wins would have closed the gap. It is also true that we could have even afforded one defeat as long we won the other 2. But the point is that we didn't set out to draw. I cannot see how this selection was defensive.

There are still 15 matches to go and we are now 4 points from 4th. To give up now and say that 2 points (Stoke and Hull tonight) were meaningless is rather defeatist. Yes, the title is gone (quite a while back if we are honest) but top 4 is still in play. Just. We have to start winning league games and we will have loads of cup games to negotiate.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That it was meaningless?

In the context of the conversation at that time the draw against Stoke was not meaningless and remains to this day the same.

Today's result is approaching the point of chucking in the towel but it does not alter the fact a last minute equaliser isn't, under the circumstances, meaningless.

You, having known all along that this would then happen, think differently.
    Clearly.

I, and everyone but you, don't.

Der Alte likes this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Bear in mind that we are also in the EL, LC Final and the FA Cup. We already look lacklustre and dead on our feet, I really can't see how that's going to improve when those games all start coming at once, whilst the likes of LFC only have 15 games to concentrate on. We NEED to be putting in performances to build confidence when the pile up comes, but we're not. The worst thing is that we are not addressing our problems up front in training. It's like groundhog day every game. We fail to break teams down because we are clueless in the final third. IF we score first then it's all gravy, but if we concede first or fail to take the lead, then we really lack the ability to craft ANY openings or clear cut chances. THAT is not being addressed and hasn't been for months tbh.

Skylarker likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

^^^^^^ Sky trying to stir the pot <laugh> I know you too well you twat <laugh>

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I'd rather we have these extra matches than not. As long as we are in we've got a chance to win it.

My beef tonight was Martial. I was disappointed that he didn't appear in the second half. He's been the player who gave us that cutting edge. Not sure what JM has against him. The other point was Carrick and mikhi being subbed. One may be but both? Anyway to give JM the benefit of the doubt, it is a still a learning process and let's wait until the end of the season to see where we are.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Rashford on the left doesn't work. He's wasted there. He had Mkhytarian there against Wigan and we only really turned it on when he moved him. Why not just play Ashley Young there? Bring on Martial after? Or vice versa.

I thought taking off Carrick for Rooney was a good sub. Hull were little threat going forward so we didn't need all 3 of Carrick, Herrera and Pogba. I thought Herrera had a poor game as well tbh.

7. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

Well,Arsene got some serious stick from his agent when he claimed Martial is more of a winger than a Striker.

Get going.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Eh?

9. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

FFS - we're still only 4 points off a CL spot with 45 points up for grabs. Recent form with Hull pointed to another draw, so no surprise then, move on.

10. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I thought Hull were a bit unlucky not to get a point at the bridge the other week.
    Certainly looked too good to go down.

11. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

That makes us feel so much better :biggrin:

12. armchairblue

Do hope not,mind the gap.

13. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Chelsea are still trying to climb out the one they fell in last season

14. armchairblue