1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Feyenoord

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nice to see Lingard get a goal, well deserved for the length of time he was on the pitch. He is the only player that will have a shot if the chance arises and usually gets them on target, could have had a hat trick in 10 mins.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word <laugh>

Nice of you to visit our board, let alone your own after last season. Fickle?

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

His finishing is still hit and miss tbf. He's young though and maybe that'll improve. Having said that he's scored the winner in a cup final so why not <whistle>

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I'm just happy he has a go, yes his shots are a bit weak sometimes but they rarely hit the corner flag or roof of the stand like some so called stars do. We need someone who is prepared to shoot on site instead of taking 10 passes to get the ball into a crowded area, Rooney used to do it, Scholes did it a lot and now we have Lingard and Pogba who are prepared to have a go. I am happy to see that.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This <ok>

Not sure I really value Pogba's shots from 30 yards out tbh..

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He has scored some crackers for France and Juve, tonight he had two decent shots on target. Give him time to settle, it will come.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No, I want him out now! :biggrin:

Diego likes this.
  8. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Surely your opinion has changed, no?

Also I never left my board last season, I'm on you're board this season because I'm keeping up with Jose. Love him and hate to see a good man be put down.

9. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

My pep talk to the team worked well, Even Roo played well.

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

We were at a party so missed it. Watched the highlights pissed at midnight. Mickey looked pretty good. Back to the reserves for him.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He did play well but you could also see the clear fragility in him. It's very possible we've another Kagawa on our hands. Hopefully not.

He deserves a run against West Ham though, the front three was excellent.

Yes, even Rooney, who along with Mata has been comfortably our best player for a number of games now.

Is there not a thread for that?

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There is, but I think it has slid further and further down the board as Rooney has played better and better.

Always nice to see people so willing to stick the knife in when players are struggling, then not making a noise when they are playing well. Not just Arsenal fans who do that, then <ok>

Chief likes this.
  13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

But, to quote something some pundit or other said and repeat as if my own opinion, Rooney slows play down.

Doesn't he?

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No, the performance changed. After about 15 mins we drifted into meaningless possession football in the first half with (once again) no cutting edge in the final third. At half-time something must have been said because our whole attitude changed. On top of that, it's only one game, which I've constantly said throughout both threads. Once we build some momentum then it will mean something.

You may feel I'm putting Mourinho down but far from it, I'm happy to give him time. I've defended him and have confidence in him IF he can pull himself together (out of this sense of "woe is me" demeanour) I am sure he can blow the competition away. The niggling frustration is that I'm sure he can do better, which is the irony here.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Jose has already said that the attitude is a hangover of the past couple of years, 12 games in is not enough to eradicate 3 years of fear football. It will come good in season two :emoticon-0100-smile

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There's little there to suggest it's anything to do with the last two years tbh Diego. Mata (fearless mentality), Herrera (fearless mentality), Ibrah (new), Lingard and Rashford (young and not tainted by fear), Mkhytarian (new), Pogba (new), And it's not slow turjid ****e like under LCG.The football is at least played in the direction of the opposition goal, so no complaints there either. It's just when we get to the final third we run out of ideas or simply put crosses in. That's where it all breaks down imo, but hopefully this performance will now be replicated over and over again.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I understand what you are saying but, where do you think the crosses into an empty box come from. We have enough talent to effectively walk through defences yet keep playing in front of them and playing from the wings. The invention just isn't there most of the time and i see that as a leftover from the "keep possession at all cost" era, we have good intelligent players who need to have a little faith in themselves.
    It is getting better (more chances created) but will take a bit longer yet.

Treble likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh that's a fair point <ok>