1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Burnley

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Oct 26, 2016.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I honestly won't criticize the team today. We did everything. The substitution is reaction to being down to 10. We were immense but the goal keeper had an amazing day. Ibrah had great link up play and still had a good overhead kick that somehow got saved. We did everything in this one, I'm afraid. Just not our day... Well, it's never our day lately.

37 shots.. 11 on goal. We messed up but hey, I don't know what else we could have done but to put the ball in the neat.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Didn't a similar thing happen the other night when you played city? I seem to recall a city player getting a yellow, when he definitely slipped which caused the challenge. I wondered at the time whether the playing surface had been over watered and whether that's a request from Mourinho?

bulletinthehead likes this.
  3. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

You didn't score

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

How did you figure that one out, Sherlock?

5. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Anyone agree it's time to bench Zlatan yet???

Treble and Like_a_virgin like this.
  6. Like_a_virgin

Like_a_virgin Member

..but we were looking good until then and closer and closer to a goal. Herrera being sent off meant Mou had to resort to long balls. Today was purely down to bad luck or Clattenburg chosing to be the hero. Need checks now too on whether these referees are ABUs too lol.

cytrax likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The difference was Herrera had both feet planted on the ground and was vertically sliding along. It's a poor decision to send a player off for that when there was no intent whatsover. He wasn't even tackling, just closing down and then ended up sliding.

Yeh I noticed the slipping around the other night as well. Not sure what that's about tbh.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The referee was a k**t!! No doubt!!!

9. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

You never figured it out when you said you did everything. Thought I would help you out.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He should've made the changes before the sending off. But the problem is the bench looked ****. No Martial, no Schweinsteiger, no Mkhytarian. Not acceptable I'm afraid. This is a run of games where we need 3 points every game. To drop points already is piss poor.

12. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

I gave up trying to work out referees and yellow cards years ago. Half the time their decisions are just baffling and the other half completely wrong.
    Was it a straight red or a second yellow?

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Second yellow. Foul regardless of intent but not a booking. Clattenburg couldn't wait to send him off. He is a bit of a nob regardless of who he's refereeing.

14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I don't know how we can have a player like Martial and not even make the bench. That is my only pissing point. Mkhytarian I doubt is match fit at this point. He hasn't played for how long now? On the bright side, Herrera for me is an amazing player int he squad and should start every match. HECK, I would make him the captain. I would also always start Mata. Pogba was very good today as well. He drove the team forward. Overall, I enjoyed watching the game but pissed that we couldn't get past the keeper.

15. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

As mentioned in an earlier post, there are refereees that seem to think that they are the star of the show.

Treble likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aguero had two very good finishes. Haven't seen Gundogan's goals yet but we need to be as clinical as them in games like this.

Does anyone else think we need to start playing something other than 4-2-3-1 every game. Ibrah up top on his own is not working, it was easy for Burnley to smother today.

Time for 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2.

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0159-musicBring back Ryan Giggs, bring back Ryan Giggs, bring back Ryaaaaan Giggs:emoticon-0159-music

After next weekend of course <laugh>

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I'm all for 4-4-2. I don't know when playing with one striker on top became the norm but it is not my preferred option, especially when playing at home.

As for today's game, I actually Ibrah played well apart from the sitter that he missed.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm not knocking Ibrah, I think he's played well. But it's too much pressure on him which is only built up by constinuously having him in a 1 v 4 situation every time he gets the ball in the box. What he needs is a partner.

Today it was SO evident we just didn't have enough players in the box and their defenders smothered any opening we created with last ditch defending.

20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

As for today's game, I actually Ibrah played well apart from the sitter that he missed.[/QUOTE]
    I've never seen us play this well and not win a match at OT. If we played every match with the intensity of today, it will eventually end well. But we need our best players on the pitch and on the bench as you mentioned before. Martial for certainty to begin.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016