1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-2-1_7-44-47.png Manchester City v. Swansea City upload_2017-2-1_7-44-47.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Sunday 5 February 2017
    Kick off - 13:30
    Venue - City of Manchester Stadium

Following battling back to back victories over Liverpool & Southampton, the next assignment for Paul Clement's squad is arguably even more daunting - a trip to Manchester City.

Having secured 3 victories in January, the Swans have managed to climb off the bottom of the table and sit 2 points above 18th place, and 5 points clear of 19th.

Man City currently (pre the West Ham game) lie in 5th spot, 3 points behind Liverpool but with a game in hand.

Swansea and Man City have played each other on 32 occasions, with Swansea winning 7, Man City 21 and 4 draws.

In the corresponding fixture last season, Kelechi Iheanacho's injury-time deflection helped Manchester City return to the top of the Premier League as they beat managerless Swansea.

The hosts struggled against the Swans, who had sacked ex-boss Garry Monk the previous Wednesday.

Wilfried Bony lost Ashley Williams to score against his former club, but Bafetimbi Gomis' late equaliser looked like it would earn a point for caretaker Alan Curtis.

But there was still time for Yaya Toure to curl in off Iheanacho.

Looking ahead to Sunday, by the time the match starts, the Swans could find themselves back in the bottom 3, as Palace host Sunderland the previous day. My heart says the Swans can get a 1-1 draw, but the head says a 3-1 defeat.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Man city will want to win this....2-0 comfortable home win i think.

3. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Not the strongest centre backs and I thinl Llorente will give them problems. As ever it depends how our defence plays and of course YaYa Toure is always a nuisance against us. Have always thought we can get a point out of this one.

seabreeze likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

Hope so but i doubt it......but who said we would beat Liverpool and Watford would beat Arsenal.....Its a funny old game...

seabreeze and Stumpy like this.
  5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

An improved performance and another battling one, but Man City will have to much class for us, think we will get a goal but unfortunately Man City will get 3.

6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

We will be relaxed and full of confidence in February coming off a fantastic January . Before the first whistle in January we were in last place a full 8 points from 15th . After the final whistle in January we are tied for 15th in points . I'll not bet against us this month and will go for a 2-1 over Man City .

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  7. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

If we could get 3 points at Man City (which is highly unlikely and I don't think it will happen), we would be 24 pts from 24 games. Never thought that would be possible after New Year's Eve.

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

...........................................................................................................Fab

Naughton .................................................Fernandez ........................................................Mawson .............................................................................Olsson

................................................Cork .................................................................................................................Carroll

.............................................................................................................Fer

..............................Siggy ....................................................................................................................................................Narsingh

..........................................................................................................Llorente

PS Congrats to Peter Crouch giving Stoke a 1-0 lead over Everton , early in the game , with his 100 th goal in the Premier .Wish we had him for a season or two in his career , I respect him quite a bit . Super record playing for England as well internationally

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Stumpy likes this.
  9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Usual 2-1 Swans at a big 33/1

Head bet 4-0 Citeh @ 10/1.

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  10. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Man City looking good at West Ham tonight 3-0 up at half time, they are bossing the midfield. We will need another Anfield type performance plus.
    To get a point on Sunday would be a great outcome but head says 3-1.

11. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

What did you get for last night's 2-1 win?

They're like buses - you don't get one for half a season, then two in a month <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

Man city should be too strong but that dont mean much today, we can all beat each other on the day and who is better prepared and who wants to win the most...i do expect them to have the lions share of possession and more shots on target but again like Liverpool that dont necessarily mean you will win.......the longer we keep them from scoring the more confident i will feel that we can get something from this game....a point away is massive and a win would be unbelievable..COYS.

Stumpy likes this.
  13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

10/1

14. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

City have blown hot and cold this season and let's hope it's cold on Sunday.

15. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

After watching Man City last night I am not optimistic of getting anything out of this game.

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Early start on Sunday ( dinner time KO;s ffs ) never mind though , although we're still look individually at times shaky collectively we've come together as a team , something so lacking under BB's tenure , a game plan, effort with a renewed confidence hopefully means we can stand toe to toe v Citeh . A win would be fantastic , draw more than happy a a loss well there are other battles yet to win .

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Draw would be a fantastic result, can't see it happening but who'd have thought Hull would draw at Old Trafford so I'll optimistically dream of a 0-0 draw at the Etihad and hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare <ok>

Other important games
    Watford (27pts) v Burnley = 2-1
    Leicester (21pts) v Man Utd = 2-2
    Spurs v Middlesborough (21pts) = 3-1
    Palace (19pts) v Sunderland (16pts) = 1-1
    Hull (17pts) v Liverpool = 1-2

Key game of the week, Palace v Sunderland. Palace must not win.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  18. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

**** sake roof I've gone cock eyed trying to read that line up <laugh>

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Performance is key here. Play well and we can get something from the game.
    Their defence isn't that good and I see them struggling against Gylfi's creativity, Llorentes power and Narsinghs blistering speed.

Hoping for a 1-1.

20. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

hmmmmm - I don't expect anything out of this game. Man City could rip us a new one if they get it right.
    I just hope it's not a demoralising stuffing. I'd prefer us to win by 3.