1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Managerial Sack Race

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Dec 15, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Has to be Holloway. Watching QPR yesterday, their decline was there for all to see.

Come the second half they completely gave up, and it was only 1-0 then.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Some clubs just can't help themselves - Swansea are starting to resemble Charlton circa 2006. For Bob Bradley see Les Reed. Now they are going for Ryan Giggs, another "name" with no track record whatsoever.

If I were Swansea's owner, I would pick up the phone to Chris Hughton. An experienced manager who has done an excellent job at Norwich, Birmingham, Newcastle and now Brighton. It can't be rocket science.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The telling thing about Swansea is their admission they are only going for managers out of work. Like us, that's not necessarily going for the best man for the job, but the cheap option.

How'd that work out for us?

4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Non football people making footballing decisions is always a recipe for disaster. The greatest example of that would be the English national team.

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Or Charlton.

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Swansea should look at the example of Burnley. They knew relegation was a possibility, stuck by their manager and he did not let them down. Gary Monk is doing well now at Leeds. I believe the Swansea fans have now sold their share in the club, which is a pity, they might be regretting it already.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi guys - hope you are coping with your owners and so gald to see you ditch Slade. <ok>

Hillbilly - I'm no expert on the Jacks, but your timeline is out a bit there pal.

After a very good initial season, Monk was possibly too close to his ex team-mates and lost the plot at the Jacks - they were dropping like a stone just before Christmas last year. He was rightly replaced by Guidolin who steadied the ship and kept them up comfortably in the end. As you say, after an initial poor start at Leeds when it looked like Cellino was going to elbow him, Monk got Leeds firing and they look serious playoff contenders - all credit to him.

Then the Yanks took over at the Jacks in the Summer. <doh> Chairman Jenkins and the other directors who had paid peanuts for the club a decade ago took dosh and ran - I suppose if you're not a Swansea supporter, who would blame them?

Inherited manager Guidolin was never flavour of the month with the Yanks and was used as a scapegoat for their relatively poor start. Enter fellow Yank Bob Bradley - one of the most ludicrous Premier league managerial appointments ever and they've reaped what they sowed.

BTW, the Swansea Supporters Trust hasn't sold their (20% I think) holding in the club to Levien and Kaplan yet. They want to and at the rate the old directors got but the Yanks have refused to consider it until the end of the season - I wonder why?

8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Mike Phelan at Hull sacked <laugh>

Apparently he objected yesterday to being given a Duchatelet- sized January transfer budget.