1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man United v Hull City AFC - Team news...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 9, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Marco on Saturday - 'The win is very important, we've changed a lot, but it worked well. Abel Hernandez played well on Saturday, but he is not fully fit, we will see tomorrow morning whether he will play.

Silva on tomorrow - 'It's about staying in the game, we try to bring it here and bring it back here open and qualify from the second game. That is our focus.

Silva cagey on Niasse - "We will see, only when these players sign for the club is it possible for me to tell you, we are talking to a lot of players. I hope we can make signings this week, because we need. I worked two training sessions with 13/15 players so we'll see what we get today. If you want to improve our team we need to do it fast.

Silva on Snodgrass - 'I only think about improving my team, but i don't want to lose any, and Snodgrass is an important player for us."

Silva on Dawson - 'We will know tomorrow." (being assessed today)

Silva on the FA Cup. - 'We had a lot of problems getting a first eleven for this game and we finished this game with one midfielder at right back and two at centre back which is not normal. It's very important for us, for the people here and the atmosphere.

Silva on Josh Tymon - 'It's important for the club to bring players through and it is a good moment for him. I am pleased for him.

Silva on the short amount of time - 'We need to pass, I know the club had problems before I came to the club, but I try to pass over the information what is the most important at the moment, we don't have much time to work on the situation but I try to pass my ideas across. Tomorrow is not the best game to try and improve but we will try because my players have a dream of playing in the final.

Robbo up next...

Robbo on Marco Silva: “First impressions have been very good. He believes he can help us to improve."

“It’s the first time I’ve ever worked under a foreign coach. It’s a wee bit different, but the players are buying into it.”

"He’s been trying to get his ideas across and, if we go at it with an open mind, all the players believe he can improve us.”

Robbo on Man Utd: “It’s the semi-final of the cup - we’re all really looking forward to it."

“Hopefully we can go there and get a positive result in the first leg. The pressure is on them - hopefully we can cause an upset.”

2. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Dawson doubtful, Maguire to be assessed later today. Davies definitely out.

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Have to say he comes across very well, measured, articulate and to the point. Seems from Robbo's presser that the players are buying into his ideas.

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

6. tigerbalm

tigerbalm Active Member

Robbo don't seem that bright.... none of the jocks do when interviewed to be fair

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

To be fair I thought the opposite, but maybe I am just used to their accent living amongst them for so long.

Stockholm Tiger and Tiger_Scully like this.
  8. Bergerac28

Bergerac28 Active Member

I thought Robbo came over really well.

Stockholm Tiger and Tiger_Scully like this.
  9. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I'd say that was impressive. Intelligent, honest, incisive, diplomatic, supportive of his new players and apparently determined to make a go of it.
    Support from both the Allams and (especially) the supporters needs to happen now.
    Robertson was positive also.

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Clucas seems one of the brightest lads in the squad, Curtis too.

11. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I know we all know it (well nearly all of us do), but what a ****ing mess Rehab has put the club in. Semi final of a cup, the second half of a most difficult season and he (and Phelan) has to work with 13 or 15 players. we have not got an earthly this season unless the ****wit gets half a dozen players in.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Robertson is definitely not bright if he thinks it's the first time he's worked under a foreign coach.

Where does the stinking unwashed heathen think he hails from?

robingram02 likes this.
  13. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

I thought Robbo was fine.

We really need to tie Silva down for longer, even if we get relegated (that's presuming he wants to). I like him a lot, I think we have the best chances of survival under him.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Harry's a fairly bright and articulate bloke as well.

15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh> I couldn't like it, but I did laugh, as I thought something similar, but not so blunt.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Marco talking about how thin the squad is and having to play 3 midfielders in a back four as we prepare to face Man Utd. in what should be one of the greatest opportunities in the clubs history . "It's not normal at the level we are". Welcome to the basket case that is HULL TIGERS Marco. I'm sure HULL CITY would never have let it get to this stage. Hey ho, silverware we don't care..............................

17. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

18. where's les mutrie now

where's les mutrie now Well-Known Member

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Junior's just rung to tell me the operation went fine and he feels up to going tonight.

Ticket office closed at noon. :emoticon-0120-doh:

Cortez91, Marshyx and Kempton like this.
  20. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Just tell him as soon as the anaesthetic wears off and the pain kicks in he won't feel like going and that you think he'd be better off watching on telly.