1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Majority Believe We Are Safe.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 4, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City tipped for relegation rather than the title by Championship writers

A full preview of the Championship season from journalists covering each club: Details on new signings, the mood of fans and predictions
    Bristol City haven been included in the list of teams likely to be relegated according to the reporters who cover the 24 Championship clubs.
    Three of the 24 journalists contacted said the Robins will go down this season.
    However the clubs deemed to be in biggest trouble are Burton, with an overwhelming 18 votes, Millwall, 15, Barnsley, 12, and Bolton, 10. No other teams were in double figures.
    So the good news for City fans is the majority of the Championship football writers believe Lee Johnson's side will be safe.
    Marc Iles from the Bolton News asked each reporter who covers a Championship club for their local paper/website to pick the three teams they think will win promotion and three who will go down, as part of a preview for the coming campaign. The report was first published by the Gazette Live.
    Red hot favourites for promotion to the Premier League, tipped by all but one journalist, are Garry Monk’s Middleborough.
    The other favourites to go up are big spending Aston Villa (18 votes) and Fulham (9).

Read on to see who else received votes to go up and down and the full 2017/18 Championship preview.

Promoted
    Middlesbrough 23
    Aston Villa 18
    Fulham 9
    Sheff Wed 6
    Derby 5
    Sunderland 3
    Wolves 3
    Brentford 1
    Birmingham 1
    Cardiff 1
    Norwich 1
    Reading 1

Relegated
    Burton 18
    Millwall 15
    Barnsley 12
    Bolton 10
    QPR 7
    Bristol City 3
    Ipswich 3
    Preston 3
    Sheff Utd 1

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...s/bristol-city-tipped-relegation-title-267302

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Interesting we feature at all - at either end, but more interesting that QPR are ahead in the relegation prediction

3. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Bristol City will be far away from relegation

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

actually the season predictions for those brave souls on here willing to put their opinion on the line pretty much reflects that as well although none say relegated!
    would be nice to see a few more " predict "

5. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Seems fair, I agree we are probably more likely to get relegated than promoted, but I think we will end up between 12-15th come May. Many on here will probably still not see that as good enough, however this is a very tough league with a lot of money and wages being paid, so just staying in this league is a big challenge which is highlighted by the fact that you can probably take your pick from 12 sides that could go down this season.

Just remember the last 3 times we have been at this level we have never survived for 3 seasons!!!

6. National N1

National N1 Active Member

I think the fact most season reviews I have seen have us to finnish second or third from bottom a few even saying we shall be bottom the guardian have us as dark horses interestingly, the thing is most people no **** about us about the squad our wealth even a lot are assuming we would sell flint and bryan and not replace with quality like baker, a lot are using tammy leaving as a reason but I think we have goals in us kind of just lazy journalism I think QPR, Ipswich, preston, Barnsley, burton us Bolton and millwall will all have hard times this season but i think we can finnish higher than this group

7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

The majority thought that trump and brexit were a good idea..............