1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maicon

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Apparently we've put in a bid........just kidding.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I was watching the Inter-Palermo game on ESPN earlier and the commentator mentioned Maicon's 'wonder goal' against North Korea ta the World Cup.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks it was a complete fluke?

It annoys me that when a Brazilian scores a very normal or very flukey goal, people always make it out to be an amazing bit of Brazilian skill. Clive Tyldesley is the worst, the man is so cringeworthy I can't take 2 minutes of him. Even when his co-commentator claimed it was a fluke, he said in all seriousness 'a fluke? from a Brazilian? no way!' Or something along those lines.

I mean the goalkeeper was completely at fault, he didn't cover his near post at all and gave him so much to aim at. Maicon just smashed it at the near post and it crept in. There's even an argument it was meant as some kind of cross. I mean, anyone can smash it in at the near post, hardly amazing is it.

What does everyone else think?

2. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Ah it was an insane fluke - it was clearly a cross if you look at the position of where his head is. Also the first thing he does is look across as if he has just played a cross. Defo not an intended goal.

Lilian Nallis v Leeds: wrong foot volley: thats x10 better than Maicon.

3. CorbyFox'62

CorbyFox'62 Member

Yup, mis-hit cross <ok>

4. Foxesontheup

Foxesontheup Member

not sure as he did score this similiar goal against Portugal previously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrnLKL8vN8

I'll give him the benefit and say semi deliberate. i.e. have a cheeky go and if doesn't come off it will look like a cross

5. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Still though, all he did was smash it as hard as he could at the near post. Nothing special about it.

6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Fluke goal. Like Ronaldinho's goal against England mis hit cross

7. Foxesontheup

Foxesontheup Member

it was pretty special if he meant it. He was running at pace and got the outside of his foot threw the ball with power and accuracy. But like you say the keeper would be annoyed at getting beat at his near post but the sheer velocity caught him out