1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Magic of the Cup???

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Dec 2, 2016.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Dr Kish still seems to think that there is some magic in the FA Cup... may I remind Kish that it is run by the Football Association the same organisation that has let our Club down so badly in it's refusal to get involved with our ownership crisis. Not only have the FA let us/Blackpool/Coventry etc down but their 'head in the sand' attitude in the 1980,1990's about how certain distasteful individuals were abusing their power over young boys/men at a number of Club's was criminal IMHO.

Is the FA fit for purpose of running the English game? The decision to give Southgate a four year contract I think proves that they are not.

Is there still magic in the FA Cup?...... not to me.

<cheers>

AllHell

and another thing???? :emoticon-0121-angry....... why is the Sports Personality of the Year not called 'The BBC' Sports Personality of the Year???? They only choose sports shown on the BBC ..... FFS!!! It's NOT an independent competition otherwise Carl Frampton would be in it rather than some of those Olympic Jonnies.

FormerlyOzAddick likes this.
  2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Awful award awful show complete waste of time a BBC Love in

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Un pc warning... Do not read further if easily offended.....

What gets my goat is all this pretending para sport is in anyway comparable to able bodied sport.
    Medals are won by the person least deserving of a blue badge.... Thats why the records tumble in huge chunks and people win by miles.

Dont get me wrong I can admire those who compete against the odds but lets not pretend its higher, faster, stronger.

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Personally think the mentality is incredible.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  5. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

The Charlton game is on ESPN tonight and i am watching the NBA today casually, but they are playing 'The magic of the cup' promo's non stop every ten minutes. 1:55am Sydney time, i will be up for it, try not to be cynical and negative. I hardly get the chance to watch CAFC on telly live, it seems each and every time i do though they play absolutely terrible. Except for a game a few years back when i think we beat Leyton Orient 3-0 or 3-2

Anyway, got the Blue V cans loaded up in case the eyelids have other plans.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Fingers crossed that it's worth staying up for, oz.

7. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I'm expecting a win today, which is always a dangerous sign. The magic wears thin for me when we meet teams in the same division (or Huddersfield). A tie against someone we rarely meet might have been fun, but given the attendance in the last round, meeing Sutton for example, would probably have meant simply opening the Jimmy Seed stand.
    Ah well, new manager. It'll be interesting to see how we set out.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Crofts made captain today. Was hoping he'd be replaced in January to be fair.

Anyone gone today? Like ken, think it's a game we'll win.

9. chaperonek9

chaperonek9 Active Member

Try being disabled and see how you get on, absolute prick!!! Get a life, or better still, stand in front of a train

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Sounds like a poor first half.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

0-0. Though doesn't seem like many are interested :)

12. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

A poor performance yesterday, which will have give Karl Robinson a fair assessment of the challenges he now faces with what is a very average group of players. MK Dons played tidy football and should have won - fair play to their 500 or so fans who sang throughout the game and gave Karl a good cheer at the start.

For us, Botaka, Ajose and Fox were standouts in so much as all 3 were simply awful. Let's stop making excuses for Fox - MK had obviously done their homework on him and repeatedly ripped our defence open down his side - I counted 5 occasions in the first half alone. Botaka is a pathetic excuse for a footballer, the occasional back heel and repeated mazy runs up blind alleys with "the Wizard" not taking the ball with him.
    Ajose was getting some flak from the boo boys in the Lower West yesterday because apart from tap ins he contributes nothing whatsoever to this team. 800K FFS. He is not that fast and his touch is really poor.

Konsa started at full back yesterday and went off injured for Teixera.

Lookman has definitely gone backwards too in recent weeks - little boy lost again v MK and his work rate wasn't great either.

4 away games coming up now in fairly quick succession and the squad really is looking painfully weak and thin.

deleted..... and ForestHillBilly like this.
  13. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

but we turned down £1.7m for Fox in the summer?? because of that we let THD go for £400,000 ..... are you saying that was an error?

14. User deleted as requested

One noticeable difference between Slade and Robinson is that KR cajoles and berates the players far more from the touchline. Apart from Rudd, Solly and Holmes who will return at various points in January, the cupboard is bare in terms of quality. Yes, Tex and Bauer are decent players at this level but we have a surfeit of centre halves - 6 competing for 2 places!

Port Vale and Chesterfield came to the Valley recently and 'out footballed " us , only to pay for no cutting edge. MK Dons were identical yesterday. Sooner or later this team is going to come up against a side that has decent strikers - and get an absolute hiding.

Please let those strikers not be Gregory and Morison when we play Millwall soon ...

DonCorleone likes this.
  15. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

you know nothing about me as your first three words show.
    The rest of your post is just a disgrace.
    Read the last sentence of my op again.
    In a race to the gutter you just won. <applause><applause><applause>

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not sure why this is being discussed on an FA cup thread, but we'll leave it there.

As for CAFC - Tex seemed to be carrying some timber, though that's not surprising. Neither side would have wanted a replay, but trying to put a positive spin on things, at least it gives KR another game for the players to get used to his system.

17. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

That had to be one of the worst games of football ever played! Phillips, Bauer and Pearce the only players to not make a complete embarrassment of themselves, although Bauer's aimless punts upfield and Pearce's constant fouling are annoying. Crofts is utterly **** and you could be forgiven for not thinking Ulvestad was on the pitch. Why bring on the two subs with 3 mins to go?

18. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

As for tex - defensively he was very suspect, but was our biggest threat going forward. Alarm bells going off in KR's head methinks.

19. User deleted as requested

The whole team needs ripping apart and rebuilding again - starting with the midfield. The laughable thing is that just about everyone on here predicted this would happen in the summer.

DonCorleone likes this.
  20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

But it's ok as the board admit mistakes were made.