1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mafia XI - An Unknown Evil -GAMEOVER Town/Anarchist Victory!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Milk not bear jizz, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

GAME NOW OPEN

Synopsis:

It is autumn in Romania, storms rage across the Transylvania region. Powerlines and telephone lines come crashing to the ground like Didier Drogba in a penalty box. Cell phone signals are non existent. A major highway cutting through the hilly terrain becomes flooded stranding a handful of travelers on a hilltop. Thunder crashes and Wolverhampton supporters howl in the distance.

Determined to reach safety from the storm the strangers abandon their cars and head up the hilltop to a strange fragile looking hotel perched over a dangerous precipice. A wooden sign hangs lopsided from one string above the door announcing to the visitors that this hotel is named the "Brânza mort". (Also, there is a 15% discount for AA members).

As the strangers approach the odd edifice the door eerily squeals open. Walking to the door the strangers pass a glowing cairn covered in pentagrams and the clotted blood from years of sacrifices. One of the strangers screams like a young child as they enter the building. A dead body lies in the lobby, it's skull fixed in the permanent grimace of an England cricket fan. The dead body belongs to the hotel owner, Dêrêk Asâmöâh, a note clutched in his hands reads:

Dear Travelers,

Know this, I foretold your arrival, the storm, and the arrival of a great evil. Several of your party arrive at this hotel with murder on their minds. Eliminate them for the sake of all mankind... And beware Halloween. A great evil could be unleashed that day.

One of your number is a medium. He knows the nature of the evil in this game. Protect him from harm and understand The Medium could be a force of great good or great evil in this game

Looking from one to the other, the strangers, filled with panic, attempt to leave the hotel; but, glancing down the hill, notice that where their cars once stood, the floodwaters now swell and curse angrily. There is nothing they can do but stay in the hotel out of the storm until the rains stop and the floodwaters subside.

The hotel is abandoned and the rooms look clean and prepared, as if someone had prepared the hotel for visitors- this exact number of visitors. The walls are thin and there is no easy way for individuals to talk privately without being overheard. The bed sheets are threadbare, some with bloodstains, others suggest Bill Clinton might have been here.

There is nothing for the guests to do but try and talk amongst themselves to determine which of them is the evil that Dêrêk Asâmöâh portended . As is common place when strangers get together, they decide to vote each day to decide which of their number they want to hang that night.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Milk not bear jizz

(In the rules below "TOWN" refers to anyone who is not on an "evil" team)

RULES:

* Unless stated below, usual Mafia game rules and dynamics apply. If you're new to the game let us know and we'll briefly explain how mafia works. It usually takes just a day of playing to get the hang of what's going on- it's easier to learn by playing that having it explained.

* YOU MAY NOT USE SCREENCAPTURES of private messages to prove your innocence or for any other reason. Example: If I send you a private message saying you are the Medium, you may not take a screen shot and post it to the forum as proof that you are not Mafia.

* DAY/NIGHT CYCLES: Night Falls at 4pm EST. I believe this is 9pm BST (someone correct me if I got this wrong). Night one will be Monday Night. The game will run until Friday night. (it will not end before or after this date). Once night is called, please refrain from posting anything until day is declared. It may take me a few minutes to send out instant messages/etc to those people with special roles.

* If a technical problems occur and less than 50% of people are able to post during a given day the day (as happened in one of the early Mafia games) that day will be forfeit and night will not fall until 9pm the following day. There will be no weekend nights- the game will be on hold over the weekend until the following monday.
    please log in to view this image

YOU CAN KEEP VOTING UNTIL I DECLARE NIGHT. If for some unforeseen reason I am late I will count all votes up until the post that I declare night.

* If you are killed you are allowed one "Good Bye" post. The "Good Bye" post may not attempt to influence the game. After that you are to remain silent. Due to the nature of this game, it is even more important than usual. This rule also applies to any private "Quick Topic" forums you may be on. As an advisory. The dead are asked to remain attentive- death might not necessarily be the end of your game, even if you can't talk. (you will be sent instructions at the start of the next day cycle if you are dead).

* Unless you are specifically told you may, you may not communicate about the game in session on any other forum or by private message. Certain individuals may be invited to join private Quick Topic forums. This may happen at the initiation of the game- or might happen as a result of an event that happens in the game. Again, I reiterate though, if you are dead, you are not allowed to communicate on the Quick Topic forums. (the reason for this will be clear as the game progresses). No one is allowed to send Private Messages (except to me) regarding the game.

* If you have a role that can perform specific actions you have until I declare night to get those actions to me.

* Lynching Mechanics:

- You must place in bold the name of the person you wish to vote for and be clear that it is a vote for that person to be lynched.
    Example: I Vote for ZINGY to be lynched.
    This isn't to be pedantic, it is to be clear what is and isn't really a vote.
    - You are allowed to vote "NO LYNCH" - No Lynch means you don't want anyone to be lynched that night.
    - If one person gets more votes then they shall be the person lynched.
    - In case of a tie there is a non-random method I will use to decide who will be the one lynched. The specific rules of how I decide gets lynched in a tie has been sent to the medium. Understand that when a tie occurs it could result in multiple people being lynched, or just one.
    - One individual in the game is immune to lynching. If he is picked to be lynched, he will be lynched as normal but will not die.

* Win Conditions:

- Because this is an unknown evil game the win conditions are also unknown. Some of you will receive instructions on how to win based on the role information I send you. Others will find out at the beginning of day 5.
    Town are pretty much in the dark, not knowing what evil(s) may be out there the only advice I can give is: don't let evil win. :) Town's winning condition is basically: evil didn't win.
    - To help keep me straight (and because it is an incredibly important role) the Medium has been given a complete comprehensive list of each team and their win conditions.

* Roles:

- Again, this is an unknown evil game so the exact roles are not going to be listed. Most of the roles are variants of roles that you will be familiar with from previous games. They may have new names to fit the theme, but most are familiar roles some with an added twist.

- One Role that is new, and the only role that is revealed to everyone at the start of the game is the Medium. The Medium is town and is not aligned with any evil. That said, although that role is good, the medium could be USED for evil on day 5. The medium knows ALMOST all the rules (a few role specific rules are hidden and sent to the relevant people instead). The medium knows all the win conditions. The medium knows all the roles that are possible, but not how many people have each role. The medium DOES NOT KNOW who has which role. The medium also has knowledge as to the order in which events happen at night.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. Milk not bear jizz

ALIVE AT THE BEGINNING OF DAY 1: (listed in the order that they signed up)

Red indicates member of Occult Brotherhood of the skull
    Purple indicates team 'Baphomet'
    Black indicates not yet revealed/still alive
    Green indicates town.
    Blue indicates member of Occult Brotherhood of Blood
    Orange indicates individual actor - the Anarchist

[7] [4] [4] [2] [1] [0]

RHC - Town Holy Man
    Mito - Body guard for the Occult Brotherhood of the Skull
    Gerrez - Town, Surfer
    JudeanPF High Priest of the Occult Brotherhood of the Skull
    astro - Assassin for the Occult Brotherhood of the skull

LHTNeville - High Priest for the Bloods
    Tobes Mad Scientist Town
    Bod - Baphomet, the evil goat headed deity,
    Style - Investigator for the Occult Brotherhood of the Skull
    AFC Town Surfer
    Lucaas Body guard for Occult Brotherhood of Blood.
    Obi Wan - Assassin for Occult Brotherhood of Blood.

IBWT Igor, Mad Scientist's sidekick Town.
    Valley Grad - THE Medium

A chip shop Was Shaman of Baphomet. Resurrected. as follower of Baphomet
    Tennisball - Investigator for the Occult Brotherhood of Blood
    Magic - ANARCHIST
    Mikey - Monster Hunter

IBWT1 Magic
    No Lynch 5 Tennis, Gerrez, Mikey, Valley, MITO
    GERREZ 2 Obi, Tobes
    RHC 1 Astro
    OBI 2 Afc , JPF
    AFC 5 Lucaaas, Style, ACS, IBWT, Neville

Not Voted 2 RHC, bodanki,

NIGHT 1:
    http://www.not606.com/threads/mafia-xi-an-unknown-evil-game-started.309818/page-34#post-8324446

VOTE: NO LYNCH wins the vote.
    Albert's Chip Shop killed by holy golden arrow. ACS identified as Shaman of Baphomet.
    Judean People's Front assassinated by gun. JPF identified as High Priest of the Occult Brotherhood of the SKULL.
    Failed assassination attempt on Lucaaas. Bodyguard intercepts.

An unknown team has resurrected ACS- he rejoins the living.

[7] [3] [4] [2] [1] [0]

Alive at end of night 1
    RHC
    Mito
    Gerrez
    astro
    LHTNeville
    Tobes
    Bod
    Style
    AFC
    Lucaas
    Obi Wan

IBWT
    Valley Grad

A chip shop
    Tennisball
    Magic
    Mikey

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. Milk not bear jizz

NIGHT 2

http://www.not606.com/threads/mafia-xi-an-unknown-evil-game-started.309818/page-76#post-8331522

AFC 7 Tennis, , Tobes, Neville, mito, Style, IBWT, ACS
    LUCAAAS 1 RHC
    ACS 8 Obi, Astro, Mikey, gerrez, valley, lucaaas, AFC, Magic
    No Lynch 0

1 to vote. Bod,

Vote: ACS wins vote lynched- was a resurrected dead guy for Team Baphomet
    Tobes and IBWT both murdered by assassins. They were town. Mad Scientist/Igor the Henchman
    Lucaaas assassinated. He was a Body guard for the Occult Brotherhood of Blood.

Alive at end of night 2 (13)

[5] [3] [3] [1] [1] [0]

RHC
    Mito
    Gerrez
    astro
    LHTNeville
    Bod
    Style
    AFC
    Obi Wan
    Valley Grad
    Tennisball
    Magic
    Mikey

5. Milk not bear jizz

NIGHT 3

http://www.not606.com/threads/mafia-xi-an-unknown-evil-game-started.309818/page-102#post-8335893

MITO 2 Magic, Style
    TENNIS 2 MITO, RHC
    STYLE 5 Mikey, Neville, Astro, Gerrez, Valley, Tennis
    BOD 1 AFC
    Not yet voted: 2

Bod, OBI

Style lynched. Skull Investigator.
    Failed attempt to assassinate Astro by Obi. Bodyguard prevented attack.
    Obi killed by an Assassin. Obi was assassin for the Bloods.
    Failed attempt to kill Bodanki. He can't be killed by mortal means.
    RHC (now confirmed Holy Man) throws holy water on Gerrez confirming Gerrez is town.
    Monster Hunter slays Bodanki- the evil deity wiping out team Baphomet.

Alive at end of night 3 (10)

[5] [2] [2] [0] [1] [0]

RHC
    Mito
    Gerrez
    astro
    LHTNeville
    AFC
    Valley Grad

Tennisball
    Magic
    Mikey

6. Milk not bear jizz

7. Milk not bear jizz

NIGHT 5 RECAP

http://www.not606.com/threads/mafia-xi-an-unknown-evil-game-started.309818/page-188#post-8343825

TOWN VOTE:

VALLEY 4 Valley, Gerrez, RHC, MAGIC
    NEVILLE 1 Tennis
    NEVILLE 1 Neville

MIKEY 1 MIKEY,

DEAD VOTE:

NEVILLE 5 JPF, IBWT, TOBES, LUCAAAS, ACS
    VALLEY 4 STYLE, ASTRO, MITO, OBI
    GERREZ 1 AFC

Not Voted 1: Bod

Valley Lynched, was town medium
    Mikey assassinated by anarchist

Team blood die beneath the rubble of the hotel (Tennis- Investigator; Neville- High Priest)

Alive at end of game:
    [2] [0] [0] [0] [1] [0]

Gerrez - Surfer
    RHC - Holy Man

MAGIC - Anarchist

TOWN WIN.
    ANARCHIST ALSO WINS

8. Milk not bear jizz

If you've received your role you can start talking now... I'm just finishing up sending out the last private messages.

9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Last time I take my wife away on a dirty weekend away to a hotel!

10. Milk not bear jizz

You've got time to bonk your wife.

Nightfall for night one isn't until Monday evening (9pm BST).

IF ANYONE IN THE GAME HAS NOT RECEIVED A PRIVATE MESSAGE FROM ME YET TELLING THEM THEIR ROLE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEND YOUR ROLE TO YOU, IT IS AN OVERSITE ON MY PART.

11. Style

Style 'where is the love'

So the game has started?

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  12. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

So in this game we have no idea what we're looking for, until one player, the medium, sticks his head above the parapet!

If you're the medium, keep it to yourself until we get further into the game. It's better to watch for clues with what you know about the Mafia.

Everyone else, how are we playing it this time? Keep votes level on numerous candidates as per seems logical.

13. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Can't wait to see what weird and wonderful roles everyone has <laugh>

14. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

So if we're dealing with an unknown evil, does that mean that everyone except the medium has been given the role of Tennis?

15. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Seems to be loads going on in this game!

16. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Although we have a no lynch as an option, we must all at least vote for someone each day, although we should be free to withdraw it later on near the deadline. This will at least force the Mafia team to betray some kind of intelligence.

17. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Thing is we don't know how we can win... Just don't let the evil win?

Milk said the game will go 5 days no matter what, does that mean we can't kill the evil before? If so what do we gain from lynching people?

or do we have to lynch some people who could potentially help evil win later in the game.

He also said the medium could be used for evil on day 5, does that mean we should kill him before day 5?

Games a complee mindfuck having 0 info to work on

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

do we know there is an evil team? I assumed it was just one?

J. J. McClure likes this.
  19. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Nvm, just read and see it says a number of you come with murder on your mind... Would suggest more than 1 then

20. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

I assume that some players will have usual investigative/killing powers. No lynching will teach us nothing. If we all at least vote for one person each day, whether we retract it just before deadline or not, we would have voting pattern to work with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.