1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic MAFIA GAME - 19th June

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jun 16, 2017.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

No one got on board until I pointed out the flaws <whistle>

2. moreinjuredthanowen

anyway:

day 1: chaos was jailed. but jailor dies so no effect. Mafia RB their own player... so GF killed night 1. (in rules) and then critically the consig spotted the SK. this was crucial later. Zanjinho was bitten. MOST of town failed to nominate an action. Witch controlled ibwt to attack zanjinho but SK killed ibwt before this could occur. (lot of luck there)

Day 2: Witch finds SK and controls him onto ACS, he is healed by chaos. AFC fials to show and so never nominates and action to save a dead town. he is whacked by mafia. valley discovers solid is mafia. swan is lynched would have investigated i am groot

Day 3: witch controls MUST so discovers a vamp. the control leads to bite on beardsley. this is cos musty is the lord and directs bite. the original bite was to be nev. Valley investigates bobby but as GF he is given false info. IBWT is back in and gets info on valley that i think clears him. i am groot was about to remember CONSIG but mafia kill him scoring an OG.

day 4: witch controls SK onto ACS. jonjo heals him. this is one deth we lose to extend game. Valley investigates style gets mafia result (three perfect calls in a row) IBWT investigates Nev and i think knows he is SK. mafia try to kill nev but he is immune to thier kill (this is second kill lost and assures Monday ending)

day 5. tennis controls jonjo to himself. this is not really crucial as jonjo was on beardsely. Vamps bite valley. Nev targets IBWT but he dies before he can kill. Crucially ACS late chooses to protect tennis and as such he is in position as SWAt when the withc control birngs the dr to tennis house (yes this is correct in timing) jonjo dies

Day 6: Tennis controls valley to stay home. Mafia kill valley. IBWt gets bobbyd investigation results

day 7: Witch takes control of Obi and send him to shoot Beardlsey. However just before obi strikes Beardsley bites tennis... yes this is odd but control happens first so sends obi out. then tennis is vamp and up comes RHC and stakes him right away. IBWT inv Tennis and learns vamp

And thats what happened in very short hand

summary:

chaotic start: bad teams deffo get advantage
    OG by Witch and Mafia mid game (i am groot could have won game for mafia as amne)
    OG by town with ACs on tennis (good lying i suppose)
    Valley MOTM finding mafia
    IBWT uses detective role to smash the game
    Vamps were near impossible to get rid of and EVERYONE assumed I would be telling them when bites occurred. Nowhere in rules did i state i would so that was an assumption form old game
    ACS OG nearly handed game to mafia or vamps. I could not call it but the inactive mafia vote and revealed roles prob just prevented a mafia/witch link up.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Next game question:

I have no real opinion on timing. I think a few on lfc board would not like me to launch another right off so we will need to figure out when.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nev was already pushing the charge and had been the previous day too.

The past I quoted above showed WHY you pushed too. You was wrong but got lucky.

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i was just trying to shut you up.
    after you it was to be Tennis <whistle>

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We were biting you on the third night because of your persistence for lynching me but the witch intervened

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

All baseless and irrelevant when the real reason was because you MISREAD your investigation and thought Valley was backstabber <doh>

They were all also in response to a comment I made, not something you just came up with

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Wrong again

9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I would have preferred to be going after town and would have left you alone for a couple of days. However, I ****ed up and mixed up the death note and will on the first day. It was never a deliberate tactic to double bluff with my original death note but once it was done I had to go with it and keep looking like someone was trying to set me up. Unfortunately that meant I was always under suspicion and to survive needed to target the vote towards people that I could back up claims for. I was hoping that by naming Valley as definite cop that he was either a bitten cop or outright lying and so the sensible thing for him would have been to keep me in the game as I could never vote for someone I had investigated as town. The flaw in that plan was the word 'Valley.'

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. Solid_Air 2

if mafia had just 1 inactive instead of 2 may have gone very close or actually won . In fact if we read the rules we may have won.<laugh>

11. moreinjuredthanowen

true but actual inactives was not really 2.. it was 1.5 :)

12. Solid_Air 2

well since he died by lynching when his own vote could have saved him i think i'm being generous to Swans with my description of him as inactive.:bandit:

13. moreinjuredthanowen

wellllll thats your opinion. he was active though...

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

It was a toss up biting you or Bisc for the recruit (I always look to recruit Bisc and vice-versa) but opted for you because of the above reason and Bisc only just coming back into the game;
    - would be (or should have been) a target as MITO was only ever going to resurrect important roles
    - didn't have any indication of his alliance (could have been mafia or hunter, this would have stopped the recruit)

Knew you weren't mafia as you'd voted for Swantastic

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  15. Solid_Air 2

next you'll be telling me that Lucas can still run .

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Inactive players help the mafia though, it's a easy hiding place

17. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm not his manager nor his gamesmaster so i can comment on him all i like.

18. Solid_Air 2

not when they are Mafia <laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Often mafia remain worst to stay out of the lime light; aka inactive players being mafia avoid attention. If on a four man mafia team, I'd rather two be inactive as they can't **** it up then

20. moreinjuredthanowen

TBH I'd rather one guy go down in flames than drag 3 with them myself.

If theres a risk ploy to be made as in lying about a role i'd rather nobody defend nor comment much or simply engage on the fringes replying just to other people.

the issue with a 24 hour round is that its a LONG TIME to shut up or avoid talking to some folks.