1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[Mafia] Day 2

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Jun 4, 2013.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I was thinking of joining for the second game, but I want to see my grandkids grow up!

<whistle>

2. Hucks for Manager!

Hucks for Manager! Well-Known Member

DH, why don't you PM the people who haven't responded? Then, when they've read your PM, all they have to do is type a name in the box and it's done!

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Yeah - come on you lazy ****ers <laugh>

4. Rubik's Tube

Rubik's Tube Member

Shame this has stalled. If it wld work I wld be keen to take the place vacated by a slacker to get things moving again?

5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh my, we've woken up!! How could it have taken so long though??

The hotel was on the edge of town - next to an anaesthetic factory. Whilst everyone was asleep, the killers had crept out of the hotel, and redirected a pipe from the factory into the A/C system, rendering everyone but the killers sound asleep, leaving the killers a very easy window in which to strike again! The killers committed their terrible crime, then hid their gas masks and collapsed into bed, leaving no clues to their identity. Unfortunately they hadn't bargained on the neighbours taking two weeks to notice nobody had come out of the hotel for a while, so they slept for longer than they expected.

As the crew tucked into an absolute mountain of pancake (nobody's eaten for 2 weeks!) it took a while to notice that not everyone had woken up. Hucks for manager was onto his third helping, and ncgandy had tipped an entire jug of syrup over his. "Hey, where's Yellowlittle?" piped up Cruyff's Turn, when he finally took a break from eating.

"Oh I've got a bad feeling about this...." said Canary Rob.

Unfortunately, his bad feelings turned out to be correct, as when the group sent JKCanary to check on him, they found him laying lifeless in his bed - seemingly crushed by the rather weighty Hooters waitress he'd pulled the night before as the anaesthetic kicked in. However, Canary Rob discovered that wasn't the only cause, as the poor girl had stacked on her back, the full series of "Ipswich Town: The glory years - 1878-1936", in the form of cinema reels. Yes, this was another brutal murder. And the group were so distressed by the news, Dazz19 even stopped eating his 5th plate of pancakes.

It's Day 2, the kilers must be found! Yellowlittle must be avenged!

[HR][/HR]

Notes:

- I realise it's been a while since Day 1, so if people need any rules clarifying, I'll do my best to answer promptly.
    - It's the day cycle so now you can all argue about who's suspect, who isn't, etc, etc.
    - Players, remember to vote (only once!) with a post containing "Vote: xxxx" nice and obviously. If you wish to change your vote, please edit rather than post anew. You are voting for who you wish to lynch as a mob (albeit a democratic mob). At the end of "today", someone will have been killed, and their identity will be revealed.
    -People killed in the night (ie Maestro, Yellowlittle) will never reveal their identity.
    - Sorry Maestro, Yellowlittle and gruffnuts you can't post in this or subsequent day threads, on account of being dead. Feel free to rage beyond the grave in the discussion thread, but please don't say anything which indicates a potential killer. Dead people can't name names.
    - This thread will be locked once a player has been lynched and the night cycle will begin again.
    - Please note that nothing in the story is a true reflection of any individual player and should not be taken seriously with regards to voting.

Remaining players:

-JKCanary
    -Hucks for Manager!
    -ThaiCanary
    -Cruyff's Turn
    -Dazz19
    -Cornish Canary
    -Canary Rob
    -ncgandy
    -I Clean Holty's Boots

6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Hmmm, perhaps we didn't all wake up after all...

7. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

I'm still far too distraught at discovering Yellowlittle in such a state.

Cruyff's Turn seemed to notice Yellowlittle was missing from the breakfast table pretty sharpish...

8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Why have the villains in these murder cases used ancient, pointless and meaningless memorabilia?

9. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

They were probably going cheap as nobody else wanted them. Come on, turn on each other already...

10. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

I'm with JK on this, CT was pretty quick about stating that YL was missing. Maybe to obvious? Hmmmm

11. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

A whole jug is alot of syrup for pancakes, something to hide gandy? Hmmmm

12. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I'd been asleep for ages (unlike the murderers) and was starving. Hucks, Cruyff's Turn and Dazz were also tucking in to ward of the hunger pains.

Rob and JK seemed genuinely concerned. Could be a bluff of course, but my money would be on one or more from Thai, ICHB, and particularly the very quiet Cornish. <ok>

13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

So can we read into the scenario? I've got a hunch that it might be Hucks. Very hungry suggests some strenuous work during the night and low on energy from not enough sleep, I'd say, rather than that they've been sleeping. Also, they wouldn't want evidence that they'd eaten during the night, so the murderer would definitely wait til morning.

14. Hucks for Manager!

That's good logic Rob, but Dazz was on his fifth helping, so my money's on him...

15. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

As I keep trying to stress, the scenario means nothing, you'd do better to look at previous discussions, and see if anything was said that suggests a motive for killing Yellowlittle.

16. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Looking back, YellowLittle seemed to be on to Hucks - next thing we hear, YL has been adiosed.

That's enough for me, get the pitchforks out. It was Hucks!

17. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Seconded.

VOTE: Hucks for Manager!

18. Hucks for Manager!

Why would I kill off YellowLittle when he so evidently thought I was the killer? Give me some credit, I'm not an idiot!

If I was the killer (and I swear on Grant Holt's grave I'm not) I'd kill in a random pattern and certainly wouldn't go for anyone who was associated with me in any way on this game.

Also, if I was the killer, why would DH have so strongly insinuated that it was me a couple of posts up? I think he would have been more careful before giving clues to the real killer's identity.

I now think it's ncgandy. He kills off YellowLittle then uses it as an excuse to vote for me. That kind of tactic would make perfect sense. Just think about it guys. And if you do lynch me and discover I'm innocent, be wary of gandy, and maybe JK as well. But I AM innocent.

I rest my case. :D

19. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

While I like Gandy's logic behind accusing Hucks, i'm also a bit suspicious of ICHB as he seems quite keen to point the the finger at others, he's already accused Gandy and CT and most of us havent finished pur pancakes yet. He was also quick to accuse Yellow Little (rip) and rob and instigated the lynching of gruffnuts in relation to maestros murder.

20. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Agreed. And Hucks' defence does seem pretty heartfelt and he makes some good points.

I'm torn. I'm finding it difficult not to get wound up into a frenzy of vigilante fervour by JK and Gandy!