1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Macca

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Mar 10, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Mark McChrystal today left Bristol Rovers after four years I would like to say thanks for all the effort he put in during his time with us and wish him all the best for the future

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The former captain of the club, who led the team to successive promotions, made his last appearance for the club at Fleetwood in January, his 114th league game for us.

The defender was signed by John Ward on 3rd January 2013 following his release by Tranmere Rovers.

He formed an impressive central defensive partnership with Tom Parkes and proved himself to be popular with supporters. He was offered, and accepted, a new permanent contract in the summer of 2013.

Mark scored his first goal for Rovers in a JPT tie against Bristol City at Ashton Gate, on 4th September 2013.

One of Darrell Clarke’s first actions, after taking over as manager with eight games of the 2013/14 season remaining, was to hand Mark the captain’s armband.

Mark showed he is no slouch between the posts in our one season in The Vanarama Conference, when he took over from the injured Steve Mildenhall in goal during our away game at Wrexham and he skippered the side in the Promotion Play Off Final at Wembley and again last season when we were promoted to League One.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish ‘Macca’ all the best for the future.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...ystal-leaves-3618051.aspx#iLPi8WtUx8RSr1UT.99

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Remember this from McChrystal?

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

How about this celebration at Wembley? He fell to his knees in tears while the rest of the squad run off celebrating promotion!

please log in to view this image

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And how can we forget this....

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Great Photo, MT giving it the Joe Bugner Eye

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Manager Darrell Clarke was keen to pay tribute to former skipper Mark McChrystal, following the news that the defender has left the club after a four-year spell at Memorial Stadium.

“I know that many of our supporters will be sad to see Mark McChrystal leave the club after the sterling service he has given Bristol Rovers in his four years at the club. I would like to add my own tribute to some of the comments that I know our supporters have made since the news of his departure was announced. When I took over as manager one of my first jobs was to hand him the captain’s armband and I was delighted that he went on to become the most successful skipper in the club’s history, as he skippered the team in our successful season in The Conference and last season led us to promotion again. He has been a model pro during all the time I have known him and he has set a great example to the younger players at the club and always been willing to help them both on, and off, the pitch. I would like to thank Mark for all of his hard work and for the way he has represented Bristol Rovers during his four years at The Memorial Stadium and I wish him every success for the future.”

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...is-hard-work-3618361.aspx#bscXaUUIPZmMlZgd.99

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

This was his 1st goal for our club...

9. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Rovers' most successful skipper... quite an accolade. And an absolute legend. Thanks and best wishes!

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Tyler Lyttle has left the club too today...