1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Ludogorets Razgrad vs. Arsenal (UCL Group A) 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Oct 31, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Absolutely stunning finish. Cool, calm and really skillful <cracker>

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

That second half was frustrating me so much. Ludogorets players throwing themselves to the ground every time they felt even the tiniest bit of contact and the ref bought it every time. How many free kicks did they get in that half? Absolutely ridiculously soft performance from the ref. Couldn't believe the fouls that were being given.

El Neny on and straight away he puts Ozil through on goal. And boy oh boy did Ozil make sure he made the most of the chance. Good first touch, then chips the keeper, then another brilliant touch to wrong foot the first defender, followed by a dummy shot to drop both defenders to the floor, touches it round them and calmly slots it home. He is so ****ing good it's unreal. What a player, what a goal.

Sign Da Ting, BrunelGooner and PINKIE like this.
  3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Oxocube didn't do enough when he came on, sometimes he just looks like he is being lazy..

4. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

PSG scored a last minute winner

PINKIE likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We are through <cracker>

Going to need to be much better than that on Sunday against the Spuds though.

But to be fair to Ludogorets, they played really well tonight and made us work really hard.

6. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Just seen that. Dissapointing not to open up a lead on them.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Means we have qualified though.

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I could watch that Ozil goal over and over again...

PINKIE likes this.
  9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That was absolutely ****ing beautiful. Such composed skill and execution. A real world class finish.

afcftw likes this.
  10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

11. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Ozil's winner epitomises why we smashed our transfer record for him. Absolutely phenomenal player, capable of moments like that. Definitely his best goal in an Arsenal shirt.

12. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

He's on a different level to anyone we've had at the club for a long while now. He is such a talented player. The way he plays football is an absolute joy to watch. Absolutely delighted we have him at the club. Really hope he signs the new contract.

gooner4ever, BrunelGooner and PINKIE like this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That was a thing of utter beauty. Watching it again in slow motion showed just how much skill, compose and confidence were needed to execute that finish.

Truly world class <cracker>

gooner4ever and BrunelGooner like this.
  14. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I'm going to the Spurs game Sunday and hope we are as resilient and Ozil and Sanchez keep playing like they are as they have been amazing

PINKIE and Sign Da Ting like this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I had the pleasure of being at one of the 5-2's a few seasons ago. The NLD is incredible and it's the biggest game of the season, regardless of Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool.

16. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

Pay that man Ozil whatever he wants. We can all have a whip around if Arsenal can't afford his wages.

17. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I go most years as it normally falls near my birthday so Mrs G4E pays for my day out :) - I share the use of 2 season tickets with a friend.
    I go reasonably regularly to see other games but the NLD is special

18. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

The second dummy where he leaves the defender sitting and sliding on his ass, is a thing of absolute beauty.

19. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

Just seen the goal... Ozil is pretty intelligent, his speed of thought there was amazing, even at that stage of the game. The look on the keeper's face was one of absolute bewilderment.... casting a disgusting look at Ozil. Most players in that situation would have smashed it, not to say they would not have scored.

20. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

I live abroad but went last year when we played them at Tottenham Court Road. Wanted to experience the derby. The famous away fans. On the day, I had my arsenal scarf on but after a guy came up to me and said "c*nt" . I just smiled back . As he walked away he did the "cut your throat sign". I then decided to put the scarf in my pocket. A police officer saw me do this and said "Yup, that is a good idea". And he was right. I walked around the corner and the arsenal and spurs fans were having a "starring/shouting contest" . In between police with horses of course. I took out my camera thinking it was a bit like a show.. LIke you read in books. At least, till the spurs fan broke through the horses and we were all surrounded. I tried to go through a gate but the security said "sorry, and closed it". Eventually I had to run between the horses..into the spurs fan...and run with the crowd. Then into a small street and waited it out. Some nut case identified us as arsenal fans and went to get some "friends". We ran back against the flow of people walking (but less hostile this time). Then ran into the game.....adrenaline pumping! Spurs scored the first goal, we got a red card and then we equalised. Ohh, what a feeling! Bittersweet experience!

So do enjoy the game at the Emirates! Hopefully the atmosphere without the stupidity!

gooner4ever likes this.