1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lucas Piazon is a Done Deal

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Some reports are saying his Chelsea contract runs out in summer 2017 others are saying 2018, but I wonder if we'd put in a permanent bid for him. He seems to have a good No10 floating role at present, but I guess it would be a case of if his agent got better offers.
    Wonder if the extension includes playoffs should we get there.

3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Chelsea official site says:

"Midway through that first campaign, in January 2012, Piazon signed an extention to his original contract which will keep him at Chelsea until 2017."

I take this to be 31st May 2017, which is why there would be no option to buy at this time. The Chelsea page goes on to say that this new loan period is "till the end of the season", as do all of the papers and media. Technically I believe that the end of the Championship season is 7th May.

However, at least one of the stats sites on the web is saying the loan is up to his Chelsea contract end date ie 31st May. That may of course simply be because they're obliged to fill a blank and in the absence of firm information took the easy option. Hopefully though they've got it right and as you say SuperBri, he'll be around for the playoffs, which are between 12th May and 29th May.

Sorry, all that leaves more questions than answers.

Link to the Chelsea page: http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players/lucas-piazon.html

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Fulham COYW likes this.
  4. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Love the passion this guy brings every game now. Great to have him for the rest of the season, ing with our neighbours other star, Kalas.