1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lucas Perez + Shkodran Mustafi

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Matth_2014, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

If these two signings happen then we will basically have added a new spine to the team with a CB, DM and Striker. All 3 positions that fans would have hoped we strengthened.

The CB and DM signings look like they are high quality signings and meet the expectations of fans while the striker signing the jury is still out on. Perez isn't the big name signing we had hoped for but we will have to wait and see what impact he is able to have.

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not the star striker we all hoped for but at least we're not going into this season with just Giroud up top. As for the other positions, both Xhaka and Mustafi are good solid signings, both young and already experienced and as you say, add a good strength to the spine of the team.

We'll never know for sure about the details of Lacazette, Griezmann, although we can safely say that we were (rightly) never going to pay £89m for Higuan. But overall, I'm fairly pleased with these signings, even though Perez is a risk, I feel it's one worth taking at £17m

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Also forgot to mention Rob Holding, he looks like a really good buy too <ok>

5. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

That's a very concise and accurate round up of our window - though need to add the addition of Holding who looks a promising young player as well.

afcftw likes this.
  6. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Who knows?

I think Mustafi is a decent buy. If he can make the Germany team then he obviously isn't a Mug, so he does have the CV to be in our team.

Perez (like all strikers) is a gamble. I think Arsenal fans, on the whole prefer a mobile, fast, striker to Giroud. So, I think they will give him more of a break than they did Giroud, but in the end it just matters how many he sticks in the net.

Right now, I don't care if he is the worst striker in the world and Ozil bounces the ball off the back of his head. If he bags 20 goals with his eyes closed through sheer blind luck, I'll take it.

bobo_97 and TheBear like this.