1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loyalty in Football.

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by ShelfSideSpur, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

Afternoon all,

Been discussing this on another thread so I thought I'd open it up to the wider audience to get a broader perspective.

It's pretty simple really - Is there any loyalty to the team in Football?

I know most of us would like to think that our favourite players wear the team pyjamas in bed, but who displays a real sense of loyalty to the club they play for nowadays, with all the money that gets banded about?

Cheers <ok>

p.s. Wums will be ****ed in the arse by SuperInjuction - you have been warned!

2. OnlyOneDB

OnlyOneDB Well-Known Member

Ledders for us at Spurs? Scholes, Giggs and G. Neville for the Red Mancs? I'm sure there are others...

Also, its not always the fault of the player, sometimes they can be branded as disloyal even if they don't want to move on, just because they don't fit in the team because of a change in management, formation, etc? don't you think?

3. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

Definitely but they are the last of what appears to be a dying breed!

The fans will always remember how a player/manager left their club and treat them well when they return a la Robbo (and BMJ when he returns ;))

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

There is loyalty but they seem to be a dying breed. Carra at Liverpool is a good example.