1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lowest League Finish In 60 Years!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, May 7, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

A disgusting non performance and capitulation today marks our lowest league finish in 60 years!

Fook off Evans and McCarthy you have destroyed our football club. I feel sorry for all those that made the long trip up from Suffolk to watch that gutless display. Thank god that this dismal season is over but we have got a real challenge in staying in this league next year! <ok>

2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Absolute disgrace, **** off MM

3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

What a spineless, gutless,second half, nothing to play for? Well yes actually, the Town fans that made the trip, the Club that pays you, the Town and County you represent. Samuel, Skues, Ward and Co you were a bloody disgrace.

Spanish and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Entirely predictable. Forest must have loved the fact that they were playing us at home. Providing they got the 1st goal, there is only 1 outcome. Just 1 small point, although we lost 3-0 and a lot of players appeared to down tools, I though Berra was 1 that kept trying. Not everyone's favourite player but a solid centre back and I for one would like to wish him all the best if, as expected, he returns for Scotland. I would like him to do me 1 favour though, if he wouldn't mind taking Skuse with him, that would be great. He was appalling today

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I'll hire a bus for Berra and he can fill it with quite a few of the playingstaff and management/owners/directors!

Spanish likes this.
  6. johnnywarksmoustache

It's obvious to anyone that once we guaranteed our safety over Easter the players decided to fook off on their holidays! None of them have shown any interest in performing for the poor fans who have spent their hard earned cash watching this garbage! 3 miserable defeats to round off our season without even a goal to cheer! This club is in desperate straights and to listen to the Sky commentators praising McCarthy to the heavans made my stomach turn! I don't believe the spin coming from Milne about how big changes will be made over the Summer. Bart will go if a big enough offer comes in and we don't have anyone else worth selling! The cupboard is bare! Bobby and the Cobbolds will be spinning in their graves!!!

7. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

What a spineless, gutless,second half, nothing to play for? Well yes actually, the Town fans that made the trip, the Club that pays you, the Town and County you represent. Samuel, Skues, Ward and Co you were a disgrace.

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Sears is dogs mess ...

9. johnnywarksmoustache

At least he ran around unlike the rest of those useless W a n ke rs!

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Not good enough.....only player that looked half decent was Rowe......but Mick will knock his creativity and attacking nature during pre season.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

It was just like him to haul off Kenlock at Half Time just for making that one mistake! How is the kid going to learn? His confidence must be totally shot to pieces after that!

itfcptc and WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM like this.
  12. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

We are in an irreversible decline, at least that's my perception right now. Forget about the fact we were 16th, we finished four points above the relegation zone! We have an out-of-touch, dour manager with a massive chip on his shoulder picking the team. We have the 146th richest person in the country 'running' the club, yet is he even fussed? He remains elusive, shady, and frugal, and I believe his long-term ownership is the primary factor in our stagnation. Our playing squad contains a couple of good players (Bart, Webster), some promising young players who need further first team experience (Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Ward, Bishop), and then an overwhelming number of average journeymen or never-has-beens grateful for the pay check. We are dying a gradual, painful death. I seriously believe we could be next season's Blackburn story.

I've resigned myself to thinking that McCarthy will stay for his final year, Evans will again keep the budget relatively tight, and finally, for all the talk of transfers and a 'summer of change', I don't think much will happen bar the departure of Bart and several players with expired contracts.

If the owner has no ambition and acknowledges that we are, at this moment in time, a mid-table Championship side at best, then I hope there is at least a recognition that we can blood more youngsters and implement a more entertaining, attacking style of football. I don't see any evidence of that happening under McCarthy's management.

13. johnnywarksmoustache

You sum the current situation up very well Nuggets. I do feel sorry for Mogga and his Blackburn team as they do try and play some bright attacking football. I can see them replacing us next season if things don't dramatically change in the Summer!

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  14. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Nicely said Nuggets <ok>.

Marcus out!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  15. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

I find the whole thing totally embarrassing, especially after MM's after match comments where he was ranting on about how wonderful it was for Forest without a second thought for the team he's supposed to be managing.

Very, very sad indeed :(

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Berra is on his way out so there will be a change at the back next season.

Good luck Christophe <ok>

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Replacement is due at the club by 2020 ....and I don't mean twenty past eight.

18. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Just seen the highlights - shame we hit the bar or could have been a different game. Not our day and glad I didn't bother going outside the library to watch it.

Regarding lowest finish - while not good it wouldn't please me any more if we were to finish 11 - 15. Very much a season like Royle's 05-06 batch - zero goals always means a team will struggle.

Hoping to not repeat the mistakes of this season next - hope other clubs ala Forest DO continue their mistakes and we do a lot better. COYB.

whitestallionblue73 likes this.