1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

lowering home game prices

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by andy2402, Nov 8, 2013.

1. andy2402

andy2402 Member

hi there just want to know what you think i just noticed that with the news of the £20 match tickets for Swansea game at carrow road. i'm a season ticket holder which cost £560.50 i have worked out it to be £29.50 per game so we are paying nearly £10 more than the ticket price so season ticket holders will be paying more for the game than they should whats going on there that is not fair to the loyal fans with season tickets at that price.

what do you think but i think they forget what the season ticket holders pay each game.

2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

If this is true I would suggest that it can only be because they do not expect to sell out for this one. The 'casual' fan who either cannot afford a season ticket or has to work on most Saturdays does get a raw deal normally, so if this is a one-off I don't really see a problem with it. A normal casual matchday ticket is the thick end of £50, so gone are the days when a man could afford to take his two lads to a game, buy them a programme each and something to eat. That would probably cost around £100 + ! <yikes>

3. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

yeah but thats £29.50 regardless of the game, I don't live close enough to have a season ticket and have been to Carrow road 3 times this season each time to each medium their games and paid £35, i believe that tickets for top tier games are £45. Your still getting a better deal over the season, your not being ripped off.
    The loyal fans are not only the ones with a season ticket, this is a good deal for fans who can't get to every game who generally have to pay more than you do per game to see the team that they support just as much.

4. andy2402

andy2402 Member

this is part of the £200,000 the league gave clubs to lower prices for fans so there will be a few more games like this there making deal all over the place.

5. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

its still far cheaper to have a season ticket!

its all part of the initiative this season, swansea are only charging us £20 too. its a good scheme but it does lead to a few conflicts between clubs when prices are so variable, as we've seen with newcastle this season. its a good idea for the longer trips, albeit all our trips are pretty long!

anything that makes football cheaper can only be a good thing <ok>

6. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

i paid £34 last year for the swans game, casual ticket, and it was a sell-out

surely we are going to lose out a few £'000s of revenue on this one? but it's a one-off, well apart from the toon game as well.

7. andy2402

andy2402 Member

anyway hope we win tomorrow just hope they don't lose i think the manager will be gone if we don't do something tomorrow

8. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

each club is subsidised for the scheme so we shouldn't lose out too much. had newcastle got their way we'd have lost out but not on this one i feel. we ended up getting a deal for the newcastle game that suited us in the end anyway

9. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Well I've just this very morning been able to bag myself a free ticket for the game tomorrow so I'm well chuffed with that - I really didn't want to miss this one given the importance of it! The only drawback is that a train ticket for me this short notice has set me back fifty notes - as well as putting me in the doghouse with the missus who thought we were spending the day together.

Ah well..... <whistle>

10. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Worth it

11. canary_max

wrong thread andy

12. canary_max

agreed, it's not like we are losing money. it only what 6k of our stadium

13. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I bloody hope so, she won't be happy if I've gone all that way to see us lose! <steam>

14. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

The Wigan game last year was £20 wasn't it - probably done to encourage fans who might be otherwise caught up Christmas shopping to attend a game that probably wouldn't sell out normally at a time when cash is tight. The Swans won't bring many as it's a) In the run-up to Christmas b) A Sunday lunchtime kick-off c) Days after a game in the Europa League and d) a bloody long way. The cheap tickets will help assuage the lack of away fans I guess.