1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looks like we're safe

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Apr 22, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I will never forgive the little dumb ass for splitting the City fans and our club the way he has but it is time to move on, I hope your top 6 prediction is a true one and Lansdown's gamble with our club ends on a high.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It's not a prediction mate - just a faint hope!

3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Not sure what people expect. Last season we had a much tougher battle against relagation. So why do people suddenly feel we would go from relegation candidates to world beaters in a space of a few months. We will probably finish this season higher and with more points than last season. We've spent hardly anytime in the relagation zone unlike last season. We've improved our position in each of the last four seasons so we are making progress. If we are not doing it fast enough for some people maybe they should be supporting Chelsea or Man City and not a mid to lower Championship team

RedorDead likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Steve Lansdown is not a person to change his mind and what on earth he was doing hiring Lee, and then not sacking him with an abysmal record, is something that makes me concerned for our future. No change next season is likely and we'll see the results that apathy brings to the table.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

If that is addressed at me all as I expect is a manager to keep his promises and words and not saying things like ' Capable of Europe in 5 years' and if it turns out lies he is culpable and shows some dignity and not behave like a 2 faced shyster blaming everybody else.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36962717
    I can expresss any criticism of my chosen clubs progress I like, that is like me saying people that are content to be happy clappers or Lee luvies should support Newport County or Forest Green Rovers because they have no ambition, absolutety rediculous

People have the right of their own opinion no matter what they are if others don't like it, hard luck.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Red Robin likes this.
  6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

How about a 10 year plan then, or a 50 pillar scenario? Take your pick because none of them will work as they are just corporate waffle and I for one am tired of the same old rubbish. Think I'll go and watch the grass grow.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

But if he did and relegated wouldn't that be worse than what's happened now?
    Like I said yesterday everyone wanted Rowlett but his record since he started with Derby over 7 games is worse than LJ's
    I'm not saying I wanted LJ but I'm glad at the moment to be proved wrong and wonder if the bad apple has already been removed.
    But carry on as you always do and swing like a bipolar transvestite if you like.

8. Loathsneyd

Sorry didn't realise he said that five years ago I can now understand why you are so upset with him seeing we won't be Europe next season. Man City and Chelsea should be though :emoticon-0105-wink:

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I know you are having a little joke :emoticon-0105-wink: so I'll continue the theme, if you look at the date at the head of the article it's dated 3rd of August 2016, even I know Johnson was telling someone else his lies elsewhere 5 years ago, this one was told less than 12 months ago and to us..:emoticon-0105-wink:

Good luck to Man City and Chelsea though as you mention them.

10. Loathsneyd

So what you are saying a year ago he said where he wanted to be in five years but because he hadn't achieved that this year he's lying. Right I'm with you now.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Did you ever thing it was a tongue in cheek statement?

Just one question to you, if you do as you are saying and not going next season. But happen to go to one or two games are you then lying?

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

No read the article, I'm on about the fast tracking bit as well as all the other exagerations and Johnson style waffle.
    'Johnson said City aim to "fast-track" efforts to emulate Swansea and Stoke, who have both featured in Europe's second-tier competition in recent years.'

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

ROD, I am not taking RR's place but I'll give one answer, not that I'll be missed but me and mine will not be going down the gate whilst Johnson is there and that is not tongue in cheek.

14. Loathsneyd

But it still be only one season since he said it. He said fast track not supersonic track

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just to keep you smiling...:D

16. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I think youre right, after Birmingham losing today, I think its between them and Brighton .If either team lose now we are safe. Forest play QPR which means they cant both go above us. At worst, it will go to the last game of the season and I think there are enough teams below us for one of them to not get a positive result

17. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Approx £15m would be the simple answer to that!

18. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

We've been lucky to get Kodjia followed by Tammy. I think it unlikely that we will find another striker like them. Especially given we have only just been advertising for a Head Scout!!

Is that the same Hegeler who Johnson benched as he can't trust him?

I think we have some promising players like Mags, Hegeler and Djuric but Johnson seems incapable of putting together a team that gets the best out of them. If I was Mags or Jens I would be looking for a move this summer.

19. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What about Lansdown saying we were going for it,promotion was what he wanted:emoticon-0102-bigsm

20. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Those still not happy with LJ, which "Fantastic manager should we go for? I'm interested......Don't need to answer RR, we all know yours!
    So many keep saying we need to get rid, but no one is saying for who!!
    Whoever you want in, can you guarantee he will give us a much better outcome with the money we have available?