1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looking on positively-next season

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by bambi, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bambi

bambi Member

I for one am convinced that saints will get promoted as we are on a great run, with plenty of games in hand. I was just wondering when (or if!) we do go up next season what players do you think we would need to bring in. I personally think our defence would be fine maybe with an extra CB, and I think we would need an extra CM and definately a proven goalscorer who can play at the highest level. Any Ideas?

2. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Agree, am feeling very confident at the moment and as long as we continue to get results then I'll be happy <ok>

3. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

CMS would be nice up front haha.

I would like to see maybe a good cover winger in and I would like a new CM as cover again. We definitly need a new CB because I don't think we will renew Jaidi's contract.

4. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Same, Centre Half, Midfield General and another great striker, but then again all teams will surely ask for that! We have a core basis for a squad, and I believe that IF we are promoted is is merely a case of exapanding that strength by acquiring players of real quality that make a difference to the team. It has taken a while for some of us to realise, but we actually have decent cover for positions. I would not say that the Leeds or Norwich teams of last year were any better teams and squads than ours this year.

5. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for quality over quantity in the transfer window. A similar looking squad with a two or three top class signings would suit me. If it's anything like many of my Football Manager games, we'll bring in Colin Kazim-Richards and he'll be immense.

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves aren't we! Remember that our beloved Saints will put us through the wringer again before this season is over.

7. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

I four one think the following.My heart says Saints will be playing Bournemouth again next season as a local derby. My head says Saints will not, which either means Pompey will make the Championship play offs and go up? or Brighton will go up with Saints and join Pompey.:emoticon-0116-evilg