1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Look how far we have come...

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by nickyb, Jan 23, 2016.

1. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

....a lovely quote from BBC Sport regarding Stoke objecting to Leicester's ball boys using a towel to dry the ball prior to one of their throw ins.

Brilliant <bubbly>

zozozela likes this.
  2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

Yet again without Shawcross we are getting stuffed, the defence needs a major overhall!!

4. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Huth anybody

5. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

I agree 're Shawcross; he is such a powerful influence. Although Wheelan is a very capable captain in his absence, Jack's immaturity and relative lack of experience (obvs he is still great), Wolli's, Wolli-ness and Wilson's unpredictability means we are disorganised in defence without him.
    Very disappointed yesterday.

6. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

Absolutely terrible would be how I would describe yesterday's performance. Very very disappointing and needs to be sorted very soon. Shawcross out and no back up, god knows why he let Huth go. The past few performances have been below par and yesterday was our worst performance since Hughes arrived. I hope he sorts it for tuesday

7. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My main concern at the start of the season was the spine of the team, I felt we were OK pretty much everywhere else. Butland has exceeded all expectations although lacks the experience and prowess to take control. Shawx is one of the top 5 CD's in the league, but will only be as good as his partner - unfortunately that player is now at Leicester!

This was so short sighted by the manager and club, especially with Shawx's injury (which as resurrected itself) and the fact that our fullbacks play more forward than in the past.

I was ok with central midfield defensively and happy offensively - but knew that without an inform striker we would struggle in front of goal - regardless of the chances we would create. Diouf has not settled, had personal problems and not been given a run in the team. Fit and healthy our best eleven is as good as any on their day, but when rotating we are weak - Walters being an example of that.

However, I still stand by my season start statement that this is a consolidation year, and investment will be needed.