1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

London Fire

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

She nearly had you there though , kelvar soles and steel toe caps but what let her down was having no ankle support .<laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

maybe this one then "The lady's not for turning"

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

How does she drive a car then? :)

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

they can't regardless of their footwear <whistle>

5. neveroffsidereff

Very good!! :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. neveroffsidereff

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Grenfell Tower fire: Cladding company stops all global sales of product to high rise blocks

please log in to view this image

The firm which supplied the panels used in the cladding of Grenfell Tower has stopped global sales for high rise blocks.
    US company Arconic said on Monday afternoon it would discontinue sales amid growing concern about the safety of its cladding panels following the fire which killed at least 79 people.
    The statement said, "Arconic is discontinuing global sales of Reynobond PE for use in high-rise applications.

Why we need an inquest into what happened at Grenfell Tower

"We believe this is the right decision because of the inconsistency of building codes across the world and issues that have arisen in the wake of the Grenfell Tower tragedy regarding code compliance of cladding systems in the context of buildings' overall designs."
    The Government confirmed that 60 high-rise buildings in 25 local authority areas failed fire cladding safety tests.
    The Reynobond PE panels used in the cladding of Grenfell was the cheaper option out of three - including panels with a fire resistant core, suitable for buildings up to 30 metres, and panels with a non-combustible core, for buildings above that height, as detailed in the company's leaflet.
    Arconic, known as Alcoa Inc until 2016, told Reuters that it knew the panels would be used for the high-rise in Kensington, but it was not responsible for deciding what was compliant or not compliant with local building regulations.
    Grenfell Tower was more than 60 metres tall.

“When conceiving a building, it is crucial to choose the adapted products in order to avoid the fire to spread to the whole building. Especially when it comes to facades and roofs, the fire can spread extremely rapidly,” the brochure said.
    “As soon as the building is higher than the fire fighters’ladders, it has to be conceived with an incombustible material.”
    The announcement to discontinue sales comes after Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond said the Reynobond PE panels were banned for use in high rise buildings in the UK, as well as in Europe and the US.
    Omnis Exteriors, the company that cut the Arconic tiles to shape and supplied them to the cladding contractor, said the Reynobond PE panels could be used for high rise buildings as long as the insulation material behind the panels were non-combustible.
    The cladding and the insulation material failed fire safety tests after the tragedy.

On Friday evening, around 4,000 people were evacuated from high-rise buildings in Camden after the council had tested the cladding and found it to be unsafe.
    Nicholas Holgate, former chief executive of Kensington and Chelsea council, was forced to resign following backlash to the council's response to the fire.
    The Prime Minister has requested councils carry out swift action regarding safety tests on buildings.
    Read more
    In Croydon, the most populous London borough, the council will start implementing sprinklers in all residential tower blocks of 10 storeys or more in September.
    An inquest has been opened into the deaths of some of the victims, including a five-year-old boy.
    Emergency workers warned last week that the death toll was likely to rise over the coming weeks and that some victims would never be identified, due to the intensity of the blaze

9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the legal actions, sanctions & financial penalties the US President & Government Agencies would impose if a British Manufacturer had supplied the Cladding to such a tragedy in the States?

Why is it that the US can "hammer" BP, whilst we are impotent ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Maybe it's because of "inconsistency of building codes across the world " but some how I don't think so , probably more of their fear of litigation being a more feasible explanation for this sudden decision .

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well try harder!................. <laugh>

12. DragonPhilljack

I see the Tories have fixed the outcome of any public enquiry, by appointing Sir Martin Moore-Bick’s, this low life gave the green light for social cleansing of the poor working class from London, I'm sure the Grenfell Tower survivors will look very reassuringly on this questionable decision, this will no doubt go the same rout as the Pedo Royal commission, what a bunch of ****ers the Tories are..............<ok>

swanseaandproud and 55282 like this.
  13. Taffvalerowdy

Unfortunately, the ruling Government of the day can decide who they can "rely" on to come to the "correct" conclusion.

Bliar did likewise with Hutton..... <cheers>

14. DragonPhilljack

Two wrongs don'the make it right though Taff, and while I'm more than fully acquainted with the short comings of Labour under Blair and Brown, I can only make my feelings heard to that which is going on with the current regime, and I have no doubt that history will look on these last 7 years of Tory rule with utter contempt.

Have any of you seen how hated the Tories are on social media? If your not sure, just Google 'Tory scum' you'll have plenty to sift through!......... <laugh>

15. Taffvalerowdy

Phil - I'm not suggesting that 2 wrongs make a right. My point is that whether Red or Blue the bar stewards in charge can pick a "friendly" Chair. As this particular Chair is Welsh, we can but hope ...... But I won't hold my breath.

As for Social Media, the Tories have learnt a lesson over these past 2 months or so about the power of Social Media to get messages across.

Expect more from them in future - but I suspect they will be playing catch up for a long time.

As for the last 7 years, I suspect that history will focus on Cameron's huge miscalculation .......

Followed by Theresa's miscalculation

16. DragonPhilljack

17. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

The final death toll will be a lot higher than anyone can currently forecast.
    With many of the flats in the rental sector, the actual number of residents will be unknown. Not even people living in the block will know how many lived there illegally. Subletting is rampant in London, something I know from personal experience.
    Council flats are a nice little earner. Single parents insist on an extra bedroom for their child/children, but rent them out immediately to friends/friends of friends, etc. They then share their bed with one child, others sleep on couch, or blow up bed. The money they receive from subletting more than pays for their rent.
    Muslim men insist, and get, flats for each of their wives. They get them, let them out, and all his wives live with him. Some are making a vast fortune out of the scam.

18. DragonPhilljack

Just to add, they have identified 23 flats from floor 11 to 24 that they now know the entire family units have perished....... <ok>

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I dont believe for one minute they dont know the total of people killed whether they are unrecognizable unknown or not....The total is much hire than they are telling and the appointment of this Tory low life judge wont go down well and will cause problems. The Government needs to rehouse these residence ASAP as the longer it takes the more angrier things will become.

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Residents still having rent deducted from their bank accounts.

Beggars belief.