1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loan Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Wandering Yid, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Thought I'd start up this thread as a place to comment on any of our young lads out on loan, to supplement the weekly updates that the OS puts out.

Grant Hall - Swindon
    Massimo Luongo - Swindon
    Ryan Mason - Swindon
    Adam Smith - Derby County
    Bongani Khumalo - Doncaster Rovers
    Tomislav Gomelt - Royal Antwerp
    Tom Carroll - QPR
    Benoit Assou-Ekotto - QPR
    Jake Livermore - Hull City

2. Smith continues to receive rave notices for Millwall and must surely be brought back into the first team squad here next season - looks a top prospect.
    Rose is very popular up there but seems to have picked up a couple of injuries along the way. Haven't seen anything more from him to suggest that he is likely to develop further here though.
    Townsend has got some positive reviews and is still a decent prospect.
    Surprised by how well Dawkins did last weekend. Very confident considering his lack of game time and any PL experience.
    Haven't really noticed the rest......

3. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

good thread as i struggle to keep updated with our loaned players which is mainly because i view any player loaned out to have zero future with us.

However this year we look to have at least two highly promising youngsters on loan in the lower leagues while rose and townsend are impressing in the premier league.

4. THFC6061

THFC6061 Well-Known Member

SPURS LOAN WATCH:

It was a busy weekend for Spurs players out on loan.

Danny Rose played 82 minutes before being substituted due to injury in Sunderland's narrow 0-1 loss to Arsenal.

Simon Dawkins made his debut for Aston Villa as a 63rd minute substitute as the Villains grabbed a crucial 2-1 win against West Ham.

Fellow struggles QPR lost 4-1 at Swansea with Andros Townsend starting and playing 90 minutes. Townsend sent in a cross that was handled by Ashley Williams with the score at 3-1 but the referee waved away the protests to deny QPR the chance to get back into the match.

In the Championship, Adam Smith played the full match in his 21st appearance of the season for Millwall as his side lost 2-1 at out-of-form Blackpool.

Alex Pritchard played for the second time for Peterborough in their 2-1 victory over Leicester as a 75th minute substitute before having to be subbed himself in the 96th minute due to injury.

In League Two, Jordan Archer kept a clean sheet as Wycombe beat York 4-0.

Iago Falque played 79 minutes and set up the third goal as Almeria beat Sabadell 5-1 in Spain's Segunda Division. Almeria are flying high in second place in the table.

Mame Biram Diouf's early goal was the difference as Hannover beat Heurelho Gomes' Hoffenheim 1-0 in the Bundesliga.

Souley Coulibaly (Grosetto), Ryan Mason (Lorient) and Tomislav Gomelt (Espanyol) did not appear for their teams.

5. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Alex Pritchard is now ruled out for between 4 and 6 weeks.

6. OnlyOneDB

OnlyOneDB Well-Known Member

Townsend got rave reviews as the best player on the pitch in his first game for QPR, and I understand he was again one of the 'best' players in the losing team against Swansea?

And I was impressed with what I saw of Dawkins on the tellybox for Villa too.

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

jordan archer has been very good for our lot this season.very reassuring to have a confident goalkeeper in our side,being a yido myself even more pleasing.:grin:

8. Wandering Yid

Asked some of the Sunderland lads what they thought of Rose's performances so far and they all seemed mighty impressed. They are very keen to sign him this summer but think that Levy might price them out of a move after his good performances. As good as he has looked I'm not certain there is that much confidence in him at spurs, given the Fryers signing. On the other hand Fryers hasn't been given a sniff yet, despite our left back problems.

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

When Fryers left Utd, I had a look on the utd board and RedCafe (their main forum) and the large majority said he was an idiot to leave and his defending is woeful at times, bitterness? possibly but from what I've heard about his performances for us in the youth games, it suggests he isn't that great!

I hope one of "our" lads gets a chance, like smith, even if its in cup games next season but ideally if he impresses for millwall, i'm sure he can be given a chance, as Naughton isn't exactly a world beater.

10. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

"As good as he has looked I'm not certain there is that much confidence in him at spurs, given the Fryers signing. On the other hand Fryers hasn't been given a sniff yet, despite our left back problems."

In terms of the age gaps, they may be thinking Rose as the immediate successor to BAE,
    and Fryers as the one for a couple of years further down the line.

But is Rose ever going to grow into the LB role, given twas not his natural position ??

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've seen quite a number of Sunderland fans saying that he's the best left-back they've ever seen in their team, believe it or not. He must be doing something right.
    I wouldn't put it past Levy to move on Assou-Ekotto in the summer and bring back Rose, depending on who's worth more in the market.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

What's Ekotto's contract situation like, does anyone know?

Haven't seen "New deal for Benny" on the OS for a while.

Doubt he has much left to go on it.

13. Rose for Benny - are you havin' a larf????
    I know that BAE splits opinion and Rose may have improved, but I cannot imagine he has come on enough to replace one of the best 3 LB's in the PL.
    Benny is only 28 and signed a contract extension in August 2009 - but have no idea how long the was left at that time.

14. Wandering Yid

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

16. Wandering Yid

Just realised that's only 2 more years <yikes>

Contract talks by next summer then probably.

17. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

18. Wandering Yid

Bentley has joined Blackburn on loan for the rest of the season

19. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

<party><party><party>

Nothing against the guy, it's not his fault that he was signed for so much and he could easily have as much grievance with the club for ruining his career but I'll be very happy when we're finally shot of him for good. I still think he's a likable guy and I was one of the fans that thought signing him was a great piece of business.

20. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Pritchard watch : seen today with lower left leg in a supporting brace.