1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loan Signing(s)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Who would you get on loan

Poll closed Aug 10, 2017.
  1. Michy Batshuayi

58.3%
  2. Danny Ings

25.0%
  3. Fabian Delph

41.7%
  4. Lazaar Markovic

25.0%
  5. Wilfried Bony

16.7%
  6. A N Other

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

In the Ronnie Gill that we could be looking at a loan deal or two (what's new?) and they have listed 5 players. Would you and if so who? Can pick more than one and if other name them in your post.

"
    Michy Batshuayi
    The Chelsea striker has been in fine form over pre-season, but Antonio Conte is believed to still see the Belgian as a ‘work in progress’ and could loan him out to guarantee him regular game time after the £60m arrival of Alvaro Morata. We need a striker and Benitez has good contacts at Chelsea so there could be a deal to be done here later in the window.

Danny Ings
    The striker is closing in on a return to fitness after a long spell on the sidelines and is expected to be handed his chance by Jurgen Klopp over the coming season, however The Chronicle claim he is one of several strikers under consideration by Rafa Benitez. It is unlikely that he nails down a regular first team slot at Anfield and is a player who’d give us another option up top – provided he could stay fit!

Fabian Delph
    Manchester City are looking to sell the former England international, but there’s been several suggestions that interested parties have been off put by their asking price. Wages would be high, but with the midfielder needing a move to reignite his career and Newcastle needing extra midfield options, a loan move could suit all parties, with Newcastle paying a portion of his wage.

Lazaar Markovic
    The Serbian speedster impressed during his loan spell at Hull last season but has returned to Merseyside following their relegation. It’s likely Liverpool are looking for a permanent deal, but with Benitez in the market for one more winger and Markovic unlikely to feature in Jurgen Klopp’s plans, a loan deal with an obligation to buy could be a smart move for the 23-year old winger with undoubted potential.

Wilfried Bony
    Another player Manchester City are likely to want rid of for good, but a loan deal would appear to be a necessary escape route for the striker who will be looking to get his career back on track. If Bony could rediscover his Swansea form, he could quite well be the proven Premier League goalscorer we appear to be lacking."

2. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Michy Batshuayi
    Assuming Costa goes, then he's the only back up they currently have for Morata - can't see them letting him go on that basis, unless they sign another striker in the mean time.

Danny Ings
    Probably too much of a risk - but if you could keep him fit - yes

Fabian Delph
    Think this is a viable option for us

Lazaar Markovic
    Could go with this - especially with an option to buy

Wilfried Bony
    Again, too much of a risk - been fairly pants over the last couple of seasons. 2013/14 season since he last scored in double figures, although to be fair - his appearances have been a bit reduced since

3. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gone with Ings and Delph. Just think they fill spots we need to fill. Options to purchase on both though.

4. Blacker-than-Knight

Bony waste of space

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Yep.

All of em.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Voted for AN Other.

Batshuayi - Chelsea will want money and guarantees. Not gonna happen.
    Ings - we'd be mental to take a risk with his injury record.
    Delph - see Ings.
    Markovic - wrong position.
    Bony - far, far too expensive.

I think we'll end up loaning Lucas Perez and that'll be the end of our transfer window.

7. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Ings- accident waiting to happen but I'd take the punt if we were getting another in.
    Batshuayi will be available if they can't shift Costa, after that its whether anyone bigger is in the same boat come the time. I reckon it'll be none of the names on this list that we loan, who though I haven't got a clue

8. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Batshuayi is the only one I'd want, and I doubt Chelsea are gonna let him go just yet.

Ings is a crock, and Delph and Bony's careers have stagnated. Markovic won't add much.

9. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Delph could be a good move, I have a feeling he could be a second Townsend (washed-up/one dimensional player who somehow becomes key for us). Other than that Batshuayi would be fantastic, but I think he will be this window's Aubameyang (i.e. we spend the whole summer talking about how he might come to us, while everyone else laughs behind their hands at the deluded Geordies).

10. Dimi

Dimi Active Member

To be honest I'd take any of them for the right deal.

If we got away with not paying any wages or a fee I'd risk Ings and Delph.

Mitchy is obviously the one we all want but like others have said the deal is just not likely to happen.

I quite like the idea of Perez from arsenal but again not sure how willing they are to loan him out.

In a dream world Rafa would get us someone from Spain who's not going to play much so that we can get a bit excited about someone decent joining!! A bit like Everton did with deulofeu

RobEllious likes this.