1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ: We Have Stopped the Rot.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I actually had us down for a loss,but with the three new boys playing,I thought we had a chance of winning.
    If we had won,I was thinking we just have a chance against Cardiff.
    I sadly still have us down to lose against Cardiff 1-2 or 1-3 to them.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Really, one partial sighting of " was that a swallow?" a summer make!

he got the job on the basis of replacing a manager that would NOT vary from 3 -5 - 2 .. along with the rest of the team they managed to play anything but 3-5-2 and we slowly raised ourselves from the mire
    You cannot go by what any fans that get interviewed go by .. they all seem to have a set mindset . subbing was s**** or goalie was ****e or team gave up or ...

3. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Why would a team who is playing 3 new players who will have only trained with the rest of the squad a few hours at most be 'more' likely to win?? 2 of those players having come from the continent and probably staying in hotels at the moment.

It was probably a good game to blood them and may have a way more beneficial effect than can be presently seen.

Why don't you, for once, give these new players some support and some time to settle here before calling for more changes
    and judging them completely unfairly, with what appear to me very little football knowledge to make that judgement.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am no expert sooth-sayer and can only give a personal opinion, it obvious to me that SL has given the go ahead for LJ to sign and invest copious amounts of money on new team members, it would be ludicrous to pull the carpet from under LJ and not allow time for the new players to gell and develop with the team under his directions.

As a rough I would say give him 9 more games, final game against Newcsastle - 25th February, that will give the powers that be an indication in time of whether he is going to succeed or there would be 12 games remaining until the end of the season to get someone in to ensure our status in the Championship.

I repeat again it's only my own personal opinion, I just don't feel it's correct to ditch LJ when he has saved us from the certainty of relegation in 2015/16 season, spent half of this season in the top half of our league and although we are hovering over a possible relegation situation he has aleady taken action to avoid this and should be given 9 games or 6/7 weeks to decide his fate.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    manxrobin likes this.
  5. Red Robin

Respect the above post,but If we carried this form until the Newcastle game we would be to far adrift to halt the drop to league one Wiz..
    Let's hope he can turn it around over the next couple of games :emoticon-0148-yes:

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Blimey guys, the ink from the stamp of the new players passport hasn't dried yet.......give them a chance......now that is fickle..

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

as the self confessed font of all football knowledge, attained by endeavouring to elevate yourself by trying to belittle others may your self imposed epitome of self righteousness go with you....

8. banksyisourhero

Put it into a chart for me!

Pointless statistical bollocks that no one reads!!

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Belittle people? Fair play John that really is kettle calling the pot black! <laugh>

10. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

All I know is the football this season has bored the arse off me. Far too negative, no width, no pace, no quality of delivery in the final third, poor finishing.

Red Robin likes this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Because we are a Championship side and therefore we should be able to beat a L1 team, at home, with some degree of comfort.
    I think a lot of us agree that employing LJ in the first place was bound to cause divisions in people's support/faith in him, especially now on this run.

12. banksyisourhero

Cant agree with your first sentence but do with your second.

A side in form at the top of a division one below a side who has lost 10 or so recently would be hard game every day of the week!

13. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

It does not read well
    We have spent a fortune, even before the new 3 arrived, and we have a season and a half experience as a Championship side. Yes we should be turning over Lg 1 sides, even considering current form.

As for the Premiership…..<laugh><laugh><laugh>

14. oneforthebristolcity

I don't think we've spent that much to be honest, yes more than previous managers but not under the current climate.
    Liverpool & Bournemouth should also be tuning over League 1 sides......but their not! Anyway since when in cup games have we turned over teams from lower leagues? <laugh><laugh><laugh>

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

There is a difference in that both Liverpool and Bournemouth effectively sent out teams of reserves to play their respective cup ties.

Bournemouth came hugely unstuck, and Liverpool possibly left it too late to bring on their superstars to finish Plymouth off.

16. oneforthebristolcity

What and our team wasn't changed? How many seasons do you recall us doing well in the cup against lesser opposition? This is not new to Bristol City, we are renowned!!

17. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, our cup pedigree is hardly frightening....

18. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

As I said earlier, this is another 'practice' game to blood the newcomers.
    Liverpool and Bournemouth play their kids - we play our newbies.
    I won't hold LJs feet to the fire over this one. It's the league only for me. Fine, if we were mid table with no stick to fear or no carrot to chase a cup run would be fun, but we are too close to the trapdoor for my liking and the day job comes first.
    I gave LJ 3 games. We have had one (Reading). Cardiff is another struggling side and so are Forest. They are both more appropriate benchmarks for us than a strong lower league side in a cup game - I'm going to the Forest game so we had better have turned the corner by then !!!!!

19. Red Robin

Lose to Cardiff, and Forest, and he is history and i would imagine 90% of Ashton Gate will feel the same way.

20. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Its a bit late for your daily update on the fortunes of LJ isn't it? I was getting a bit worried that you may have forgotten about posting about losing to Cardiff and Forest