1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ: We Have Stopped the Rot.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 7, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 4h4 hours ago
    LJ: "We bossed the game generally in terms of possession and created a few chances." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "There are many positives; clean sheet, integration of new players and we're in the hat still." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "The one criticism is about the speed of our play; we need to speed up our passing." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "I thought our new boys did well. Ideally we would have come away with a win." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "We move on to a massive game against Cardiff, a local derby, next week." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "It'll be a similar type of game in the replay although hopefully we can take one of our chances." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "We need to work on getting Tammy and Djuric closer together but that will come over time." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "Frankie has suffered a recurrence of his previous injury so we took him off as a precaution. Korey felt his hamstring." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "We stopped the rot and we build from here. We kept a clean sheet, we created chances and we were the better team."

LJ: "We certainly have the option of playing 3-5-2 on a regular basis but we'll have to see." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "We're still in the market and we continue to look to strengthen the squad." #BRCvFLE

LJ: "We are under no pressure to sell anyone in this window." #BRCvFLE

please log in to view this image

Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 2h2 hours ago
    REPORT: Read @AdamBakerBCFC's verdict on the goalless draw at Ashton Gate. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3972227&tcmuri=3502055…

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

To quote LJ, " We've stopped the rot,we're still in the market and we're under no pressure to sell"

He has taken action, can we not accept his comments, have some faith in his confidence and believe we are on the way back, give him some space and make a judgement after a few more games.

manxrobin likes this.
  3. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

What choice do we have to try and have faith? SL doesn't read these boards, our opinions are for one another not the BCFC board.

My opinion is that it's not difficult to see that the players have stopped playing for their manager, that they have given up trying to understand whatever new system he sends them out to play.

We will be treading water or relegated under him before we eventually wind up at square one in league with the SAGS and have made zero progress other than a couple of meaningless trophies and decent promotions in 15 / 16 years since the blue half of Bristol got relegated to league two. We will be on the same footing with them after a decade and a half head start and a billionaire owner.

We've made no progress and most likely won't. I'm actually thankful that we make the effort to compete despite our owner wishing to intentionally handicap himself.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Personally am prepared to give him the next two games.Apparantly today was shocking according to fans that were there,
    If we get tanked against Cardiff and the performance is poor,then lose the next game he has too go I'm afraid.
    SL will have to cut his losses,he cannot afford to see city go down to league one.

5. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

What proof do you have that the players aren't behind him

6. ibodyslamrhinos

9 losses in 10 league games including 6 straight losses and a very very drab draw against lower league opposition. That's my proof.

I don't know what his best 11-16 is, I don't know what formation he favours and the players don't seem to know either. He also seems to have lost Tomlin, as he isn't the player he was last season or even the beginning of this one.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

That's bad form not the players ain't working for him.

Most teams change players round and rotate systems. Believe or not speaking to a Chelsea season ticket holder. His comments to me was Conte changes the systems and midfield round to suit the opposition.

But hey let's fire some ****s into whining about LJ or SL.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    manxrobin, raver, wizered and 2 others like this.
  8. ibodyslamrhinos

Bad form? That's worse than just bad and it's highly uncommon, in any league, but especially in this one. It says to me they don't know what they are doing, and that's only one persons fault.

He openly admitted to changing the formation and system 11 or 12 times in ONE HALF OF FOOTBALL. If he doesn't know what he wants his team to do, how can the players know.

I never heard any manager, let alone a good one say "Yeah I mucked about with 7 or 8 formations, told them to play it long, come short, sit behind the ball, throw everyone into the box, tic-e-tac it around, all in 45 minutes." You have to get to grips with what you believe works best to win a game, play to your strengths and how you think you can win games. If it doesn't work, you most certainly try another approach. If you try 11 or 12 different approaches in one game and none of them work, how does that reflect your ability to coach a team of professionals??

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Does Pep know his best 11?
    Not exactly set the Prem alight has he.........................................yet?

10. Red Robin

We gotta be honest guys any other club LJ would be gone by now.
    He is so lucky that SL picked him for the job,and wants him to succeed.Hence the added time he has been given,and money being spent to get him out of this hole he is in.
    I really hope he can turn it around.
    We will not get too many managers that has the love of the club in his heart like LJ has.
    Sadly on the stats so far I do not see it turning around.

11. ibodyslamrhinos

He has a style of play and philosophy he believes in and has used consistently throughout his career though. LJ has never set out a philosophy in minute 1 and finished with the same it at minute 90. If you think that works, look where we are right now. Pep has the luxury of an entire 25-30 man squad of players, all of which are better than the best of any one of our players. He can afford not to know his best 11, when he has 3 very good 11s.

But I agree. I have said when they announced he was taking over pep would get found out in this league.

He certainly won't have the mental metal to survive in this league. He's already cracking.

12. ibodyslamrhinos

Again I'll ask: What difference does it make if I state my opinion on LJ? These comments don't get picked up by the press or bcfc board, they have no impact. So instead of complaining about so called whingers, why not try to give credible evidence to explain what LJ is doing so right for you? Or will we just get "he's building for the future"? Like we got during the dark days of SOD.

I supported him when he took over, got excited during the summer, but half way through the season, it's clear he isn't the man to take us forward. You have no fact or example to sign post me to prove differently. Just "same old LJ bashers" garbage.

13. RedorDead

Because I'm bored ****less of all the negativity I can't be arsed to go through it. I've stated plenty of times our job is to support and that's what I'm doing.

14. Red Robin

Rod we are all supporters and support the club,I am with you,but again today it was poor according to the fans that attended.
    I do hope he turns it around,but I think SL has got it wrong and will have to change it.

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely LJ's comments,actions and changes should be believed , that's why I printed them at the head of the thread, of course fans are pissed off with our current position but that is no reason to blame our owner, he has taken action by giving funds to improve our club and LJ has put the money where his mouth is.

Now is the time to see if we do improve, if not LJ will get the boot but we have to allow him the time to get results.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. RedorDead

That is your opinion and I respect that. What I find annoying is every thread transcends into the same thing that it's just getting monotonous.
    We all agree if it does not change then he needs to go, but one thread would of done it.

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

How long would YOU give him Wiz, honestly ?

Coming up with crap like 'we bossed the game' and 'we've stopped the rot' isn't fooling anyone.

If you can't boss a home game against lower league opposition then there is more wrong than we thought. This was, in my humble opinion, a chance to sort things out and get some confidence back into the squad with the formality of a comfortable home win before the Cardiff game, but predictably we failed to deliver, again.

But LJ making inane comments like these really doesn't help.

Red Robin likes this.
  18. Red Robin

Personally hope he turns it around,but I have my doubts,I think the very most he has is January.
    The three signings seem decent from what we read,but they have to have time to gel in the team.

Fleetwood was a game you would think they would have won,now a much sterner test against Neil Warnock and his chargers.
    They will be right up for this game,let's hope LJ has our team selection, and players up for it.
    Lose this and I think the writing is on the wall for him sadly.

19. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Fleetwood "a comfortable win"

Where does this come from. they sit 6th above the Gas in league one not having lost in their last 7 before visiting us?

Where did we earn the right to this 'comfortable win'??

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  20. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this, it my biggest gripe with LJ.. too much data and bullshit and not enough just rolling the sleeves up and getting on with it!

This was inevitably going to happen and was the reason I thought employing him in the first place was a mistake. half the fanbase were always ready and waiting for him to fail..