1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ linked with Villa

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Oct 2, 2016.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I've not turned on him and while he's here I hope he turns it around......if he's booted I hope we end up getting a decent manager and not another cheap option........Yeah right!!

BCFCRob likes this.
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

After the weekend you can also add 'rich' or 'richer' to the list <laugh>

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

TBF 1For you have remained consistent, always adding 'if results go badly etc'.

You always add something, it's 'who else is out there' or 'look at Steve Bruce' - just muddying waters trying to hold on in pure hope that LJ turns it around.
    It can only be hope as results are disastrous.
    1For - Don't some of the others on here look a bit silly now.

Here's one for you - hope we catch Newcastle cold, beat Villa and Burton and they can all say RP was wrong.
    As Keegan said 'I would luuuuuvvvvv that' - I love the shirt more than I detest LJ.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Don`t we all want the best for our club.

5. oneforthebristolcity

I want the best manager that the club can afford, but unfortunately this will never happen.
    I say look at Steve Bruce, because the likes of him are considered to be the best in the business regarding the championship and lower premiership.....he was just an example that just by putting in a proven manager in a club doesn't always mean success even with the money spent......having said that I still believe given the time, he will turn it around at Villa. I also said when we were going through a bad patch, we should go and kidnap him!!
    I want LJ to do well, but as said before, it's not working for him for what ever reason.....But although you would be happy with anyone to come in just to get rid..I don't see that as a solution.
    We need to stop pissing about with the cheap option of managers but go out and get someone decent even if it means to look abroad......
    The managers that are floating around (same old names) don't excite me at all....I'd rather Harry came in for a few months to show LJ the ropes!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the lack of excitement over the usual suspects when it comes to a choice of a possible new manager but do you ever think that SL will do the right thing and hire a competent manager? It's a situation that has done the rounds many times at Ashton Gate and yet we still continue with what some call the cheap option. Until such time as SL is prepared to come out and say that previous decisions have not got the expected results he was expecting then we are hopelessly lost in what we thought were pleasant dreams.

7. oneforthebristolcity

No,not sure it will ever happen, that's why I wonder if it would be good to maybe look abroad as Huddersfield have (David Wagner)....another gamble I know but can't be any worse than what's happened in the past..

8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Bringing in help for LJ is my worst nightmare. We'll have him forever upstairs and for what reason ? Why reward failure ?
    We need a clean break.
    Agree about looking further afield for a coach as you suggest but don't ask me for a name, presume that's why we employ Ashton.
    He got it wrong with LJ and is not taking any flak for his decision - remember - 'Lee was the outstanding candidate '.
    He's conspicuous by his absence.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  9. oneforthebristolcity

Only one manager that SL has gone for has excited me in all the time he's been the owner and that was Coppell, the rest were just cheap gambles.
    As it was GJ & Cotts did well for us under the circumstances we were in.
    With the rest IMO, it's been a total disaster.......Surely with all the money he has, (baring in mind, BCFC or Bristol Sport is his little plaything) he would have gone all out to get a decent manager to achieve the success to fulfill his goal...........the money wasted with his bad decisions is mind boggling..

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.