1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ... Do the Honorable Thing....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Reliant Robin TC, Feb 22, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Sad happenings all around and I couldn't help but notice some of the adverse comments on here between our posters which is also sad because at the end of the day we all want what's best for Bristol City and our comments are not supposed to upset others, let's leave that nonsense to the real culprits hiding down at Ashton Gate.

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Well said Mike,it is getting edgy now.:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Every morning LJ must wake up and think "I'm the luckiest man alive". It's simply beyond me how he is still employed at BS3. I think I'm having just a big, long bad dream.......

4. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

Reliant Robin......am more or less of the same mind set as you.
    The green shoots of recovery v Sheff Wed, Rotherham and first half v Derby seem to have withered and died,as shown by dismal tactical naievety and lack of fight v Fulham.

It is a very comparable analogy to Steve Cotterrill's demise playing without any sound tactical sense, a small run of decent results then a dismal lack of fight performance v Preston at home in Jan 2016, which showed City hadn't learned anything tactically.........SC was gone the next day

Also to O'Driscolls last few months in the Championship in 2013, when City played as if they were resigned to accept their fate of relegation..again no fight no tactical nous....

So unhappily as I thought Lee Johnson would be able to turn it around, the match v Fulham, for me has proved that under LJ we are sinking fast, and reluctantly I am now in the LJ must go.

I've got a ticket for the Burton game, and am not really looking forward to it if the atmosphere is a toxic as it might be.....

IMO anything less than 3 points from Newcastle and Aston Villa and Lee Johnson will do the honourable thing rather than face the acrimony at home v Burton.

5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I had rather hoped that plug had been puled earlier but it was not to be and we move on. Tonight's matches both went in our favour with Burton and Blackburn sharing the points and Wolves coming up empty. How nice it would be if we could fashion a shock win tomorrow and although we are totally with our backs to the wall you just never know. Show us some balls lads.

6. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

The daft thing is still the same as on Wednesday. We are 4 points behind Villa. Same games played but a win against them on Tuesday will cut that to 1 point. We are 4 points behind Forest with a game in hand. 4 behind Burton with 2 games in hand and 3 points behind Wolves.
    We needed a win on Wednesday and the performance deserved nothing more than what we got. Lacklustre and disappointing.

A couple of wins we would be right back in there, but Newcastle away isn't likely to yield much. Villa are on a dreadful run too,we need to be winning that.. If we cant be beating teams like Burton at home when we need the points, we dont deserve to be in this division anyway

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Lose to Newcastle and Villa always expected that,lose to Burton we deserve to be in league one.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I was working nights for the first game that earned the replay (the one after the abandoned game due to floodlight failure). I had submitted an application for the night off but my manager declined it as he had already applied and as I was deputy leader only one of us could be off at one time.
    As soon as the final whistle blew, I submitted my (paper) application for the time off to go to Anfield for the replay - only it needed management approval.
    How he laughed as he binned my application and handed in his own.
    I'm not bitter mind :angry:

Condemned to the bedroom even back then :(

Redprintt likes this.
  9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I doubt it mate. He must feel horrible too - it's probably the money that's keeping him there now.
    SL needs to put an end to it.

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I sympathise mate, I have been banned to the cold step as ROD calls it for weeks by a certain member..:confused:

RedorDead and bcfcredandwhite like this.

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

actually missed a word out .... bag .... no, would get Nancy Kolbrec to do it for me....