1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ... Do the Honorable Thing....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Reliant Robin TC, Feb 22, 2017.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Is it fair to say that pretty much everyone has turned against him now?

2. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Looking at the body language, I am convinced the players are going through the motions and want him out the door as much as the rest of us.

Red Robin likes this.
  3. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

I've always regarded myself as a "moderate" and won't follow a particular line because most others do. Last night for me was, however, the final straw.

Fulham are a reasonable side and, I think, a good one in the making. Had there been a decent performance against them I may still have been on the fence.

Not now though. If I've turned, there cant be many left supporting him.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

That doesn't cut it with I'm afraid, many of them have cost us vital points with very bad errors, which had they not made them we wouldn't have lost 8 games on the spin and put them in a position they feel they can't play for the manager anymore!!

The amount of absolute sitters Bobby Reid alone has missed at crucial stages of games have cost us very dearly, as has schoolboy defending from Matthews, Little, Flint etc, this is not all LJ's fault, the players have to take the lions share of the blame as they caused this!!

5. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

Whilst I agree with what you're saying, what can be done? Is it purely a morale based phenomenon or are there training/practice methods that aren't hitting the target (pardon the pun!)

This is now a chicken and egg scenario. Do we keep on doing what we're doing, or should we be proactive? The situation is such that you cannot replace ALL of the players who are under-performing, but you can replace LJ. The first thing that is likely to happen is that the players realise they have to impress the new incumbent - are they worth their place?

I really don't think we can do anything else now!

6. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

with reliant here, gone against my better judgement to back Johnson, but the last few games he has the look of a dead man walking, thanks lee but time to call it a day.

7. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

If it's the former, we are relegated without a shadow of a doubt.

if the latter, maybe we escape but a new man needs to have as many games as possible. Just think where Cardiff were before Colin came to the rescue.

Honestly, as a lifelong supporter, this makes me sick to see what's happening and it's very clear that Lee will not fall on his own sword for the club he so dearly loves. Time to drop the axe.

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Lee Johnson could not lace Tinnions boots..

ibodyslamrhinos and Redprintt like this.
  9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I agree, but LJ wasn't that bad. I was there when Tin man scored that wonder goal at Liverpool!! Would have been a Prem player without doubt had he been two footed!

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'I was there when Tin man scored that wonder goal at Liverpool!!'
    So was I, what a night.

'Would have been a Prem player without doubt had he been two footed!'
    Not sure about that 1For, not much between Tins and a player like Charlie Adam.
    You may well be right, it's just that I loved watching Tinnion.

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I just awoke with my morning coffee expecting to see the news that the pressure at Ashton Gate had been released. However as you all know earlier than me it hasn't happened, so does that mean that it won't happen? If that proves to be the case then in my books honesty and integrity have totally disappeared from Bristol City Football Club and the leading culprit is Lansdown, so come on man make us feel better and finalise the job that only you can do. If all the things you have said during your tenure as owner are anywhere near true in your own mind then now is the time to prove it to all the wonderful supporters that feel badly let down by the current manager, who may I remind you was your only choice. Fess up and admit that you were wrong because you will get more respect with that scenario than sticking with a failing status quo.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

And me it was a great night, best bit was my brother getting arrested for trying to pass me a sausage roll, when he got back to his seat. I couldn't hear him so he threw it at me irate from his seat to mine but there was five mates between us.
    He did say the cells had cameras facing the pitch so they just about see the game.

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes: don't join the rest of the slime

14. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I'm sure you being the big upright morale burley man that you are, would stand in the middle of one of the 3 stands all chanting and booing that night, telling each and everyone of them they are all slime? Or is that just behind a screen you do that?

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I was shouting with thousands more singing we want Johnson out.
    Say we want Johnson out.
    Cannot believe he is still in a job.
    Fuming boys against girls last night.
    In fact city girls would have done better

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am not upright or burley but I was one of the people shouting Johnson 0ut and have no guilt pangs, the man has completely lost it and I don't understand the mentality of our owner putting up with it, where is Lansdown's spine and pride gone.?

Red Robin likes this.
  17. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

My comment was in reference to john calling those chanting, slime.

18. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He can call me slime all he likes,last night was feeble.
    :emoticon-0129-call::emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil

19. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I don't think any of the ones chanting it was slime or wrong. It's just that I've only booed once and thought that this is not me, but 100% agree with what they was chanting.
    I was wavering way before Christmas and blindly argued (probably against myself) but the Reading game done it for me.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I said on another thread earlier this week, this is what Johnson is doing, he is splitting us right down the middle, insults being shot at each other for having a point of view, get shot of the bloke he is toxic..

I get your message mate, I was not responding back to anyone, I'm just pissed off with the scenario this guy has created..