1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ Can't Cope With Full Workload

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'You having a laugh? If that would have been against us.....'

But it wasn't, we were incapable of beating a 9 nine change Burnley.
    You're dreaming up a scenario, of Lincoln beating City and then saying I'd slaughter him.
    Hmmm well, yes I and many others would have.
    However we need, especially Lansdown, to live in this world.
    We're out of the Cup and 4th bottom.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

'You having a laugh? If that would have been against us.....'
    assume this is a reply to some comment by a poster about Burnley? or are you talking to yourself?

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I know you think I have LJ blinkers on and it's true I would like to see him do well but our position doesn't lie which I also have to admit.....but I still think he's not a million miles away from producing good results with a good team and if we do survive he would have learnt by his mistakes and actually if given the chance get us in contention for playoffs next season......dream world, maybe but that's my opinion.....Having said that, Short term I think he needs a bit of guidance from someone with experience.. Personally I think that's what SL should be looking at rather than just sacking him and taking a gamble on some other unproven manager......Interested in your thoughts?

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

You do have LJ blinkers on. If City have a bad team he bought one. If its a good squad (and it is) well he is doing a crap job. More help!!! He is getting all the help in the world and this head coach role means he should not need more help as he is not doing as much as normal manger.

Derby was very good for forty five minutes then the old weak down the flanks and dropping off and not competeing for second balls appeared again. City wheres the fight where the organisation?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  5. oneforthebristolcity

Of course that's your opinion and entitled to it.......Not mine!

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Record defeats, record spend, lack of points this year, the form leagues and watching City home and away create that opinion. poor poor job being done. If you do not think Lee Johnson is signing lots of good players what is he signing bad ones?

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'......dream world, maybe but that's my opinion.....Having said that, Short term I think he needs a bit of guidance from someone with experience.. Personally I think that's what SL should be looking at rather than just sacking him and taking a gamble on some other unproven manager......Interested in your thoughts?'

Dream world and your opinion - I hope it's right, but whatever/whoever is right/wrong your opinion is valid, to me at least.

I have to be honest that your suggestion of 'help' is my worst nightmare, we'd be stuck with a very divisive man at BCFC.
    Junior is Marmite in the extreme.
    When a man is employed/promoted it should be searingly apparent that it has a basis in worth.
    That man immediately commands respect and I'm afraid LJ hasn't done anything, playing or managing, to warrant respect.
    I believe he played through nepotism and was employed here as manager on a foundation of sand.
    His credentials to manage a Championship club do not hold water.
    Well, that's my opinion and I know you disagree - I honestly wish we could agree.

8. oneforthebristolcity

There were plenty of players I knew, back in the day that should have played professional footy but didn't make it because of not knowing "the right people" to get the break. Plenty that did wasn't necessarily that good.....it happens and probably still does!
    LJ was one of the lucky ones, got his break through his old man. I don't begrudge it and few would say he "wasn't good enough", I honestly felt he played well for City and also felt he gave 100%, more than could be said for some of them..
    I also believe he's doing the same as manager even though the results haven't gone for him...sometimes that's football.....look at Bruce at Villa....something not quite clicking and may not ever work out..Sometimes a manager works well for a club and sometimes doesn't.......That's why there's always a merry-go-round of managers in and out of jobs...... look at Pulis, couldn't stand him as a manager here, but has done well since....(still hate his football).
    I know we will never see eye to eye regarding LJ and if he's sacked I will wish him all the best but I won't lose sleep over it..
    When was the last time we had a real decent manager at the club with the right credentials at the time of appointment? We're not renowned for great managers joining our club, in fact more renowned for taking the cheap option...................that's my fear!

Redprintt likes this.
  9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I saw a history of city Managers and their win ratio going back to 1907. I was surprised to see that Dicks lost about 30 more games than he won, so maybe there is merit there in loyalty.
    Best win to lose numbers by far was Joe Jordan