1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Commachio, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Jack Sicknote is injured again, so i hear, and he has a record via the BBC, he is the only player never to be on a winning side with his club, in the history of the premiere league.

2. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

Big Dave's post match thoughts

"We had a good team out and they played well; we worked really hard to keep in touch with Liverpool and to come from behind twice was a great credit to the players.

“Recently, our record at home has been very good. We’ve won a few games and that’s why, even today, it was important that we didn’t lose and attacked more.

“What we need to do now is build on it, but I think today it would have been tough to get three points.

“I always think you need a penalty taker who scores goals because you get a few a season and when you get them they’re important, and since I’ve been here Jermain has been great.

“I thought we worked hard to get in situations and stuck at it, so credit to the players for that.

“We’re beginning to play a bit better here and I think the crowd picked up on the players’ energy today.

“We didn’t show it in the last game but we did today and we needed it because we were playing against a very energetic Liverpool side.

“We deserved our point, we really did.”

Fair comments for me.

Makemstine Roger and Jack TheLad like this.
  3. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Didn't seem to be injured when he was subbed today. Looked more like he'd ran out of steam on the back of coming back from his latest injury.

I'm well aware of the record, which I'm sure will be ended one day.

I'm only commenting on his performance today and I thought he did well.

Deleted and Gil T Azell like this.
  4. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Our stand out player for me when he was on, supported both defence and attack. We were at our most dangerous when he came forward.

Gil T Azell and Jack TheLad like this.
  5. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

He was v. good. Scapegoated to ****, but put himself about well today.

6. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I thought ding dong had he's best game for us today. Now he's off away to the ANC.

7. Gil T Azell

Klippoty the kraut c*nt should be grateful they escaped with a point today. If the officials had done their f*cking job we would have had a penna at 1-1 and could have been ahead.
    Lost respect for that b*stard today.

8. Jack TheLad

Aye it looked like he turned round at one point and sarcastically applauded our home fans.

He was complaining about the free kick being given for the handball for the second penalty. Looked dead on like a free kick to me, Defoe turned the defender perfectly and was brought down.

The hand ball at 1-1 was clear as day as well.

Gil T Azell and Billy Death like this.
  9. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I think the applause was when the ball went out with Sturridge on the deck for a minute or so after fouling himself. He was out of order, as they could have put it put as well, and the ball went out by accident. I just wish we had scored.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Yeah saw that mate he's in good form, another two Pens for the lad won't do him any harm.

Nacho likes this.

11. Jack TheLad

Fair enough, looked as if he was communicating with the crowd (sarcastically) though I do sit the other side of the stadium.

He was telling Sturridge to get up as well at the time - both teams had a chance to put the ball out and neither did and the ref also has the option to stop the game and never did.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  12. Gil T Azell

A strong wind would blow Sturridge and Mane over. Did you see how fast the f*ckers recovered when they didnt get decisions today. W*nkers.

13. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

The soft german was giving it large to that baldy t**t in the green at the end unless he was thanking him for all of the non decisions that we should have had!

He really looked like a sour kraut :emoticon-0100-smile see what I did there :biggrin:

Gil T Azell likes this.
  14. Gil T Azell

Why did Klopp watch the players warming up for the entire break between 1st & 2nd half? Weird f*cker.

15. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true.

Anyway, it's nothing more than a coincidence. He's went about two games more than it took Gareth Bale to get his first win at Tottenham. It means nowt.

16. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

• Jack Rodwell made his 34th start for Sunderland but is yet to be on the winning side (16 draws and 18 losses); extending the Premier League record.
    • quote from the BBC
    • cant find the quote now about the injury but i read he was injured in tonight's match, i missed it through work, and spent ages reading all the info and highlights i could on the game

17. Gil T Azell

Dont think he was injured thought he was just tired after a lengthy lay off. Could be wrong tho.

18. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I know all that mate. What I don't think is true, is that he's the only player in the history of the premiere league to never win a game with his club.

Like I also said, it's a pointless stat. It means nothing. Rodwell is just unlucky it's happening to him.

Jack TheLad likes this.
  19. Jack TheLad

It's this kind of thinking that the majority of our fans at matches have with Rodwell while they can't wait to get on his back.

Makes me sick the way they love a scapegoat.

The Norton Cat and Deleted like this.
  20. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

They always need a scapegoat - pisses me off as well. He had a great game today btw

The Norton Cat and Deleted like this.