1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool vs Arsenal: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Feb 4, 2014.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Wow this thread really took off, there was me thinking myself and a87 had provided the days entertainment but it looks like we where just the first act!

@hans - don't try and drag me down to your level, I don't think my comments to a87 where in the same league as some of your hate speech lol and I'd just like to clarify I didn't make any threats of any sort which you suggest I did.

@the mods - we all know what Hans is like particularly if he has had a drink and we are losing. A couple of the Liverpool fans goaded him and worked him up intentionally until he said something he would regret, they then cry for him to be immediately banned from our board. Personally I don't think it's any of their business whether he is allowed to post on our board or not, I could understand them not wanting to read such things on their own board, but he is one of our regular posters and it isn't there place to decide he should no longer be welcome. He was wound up intentionally. We all know he can be a total **** and I'm sure he annoys me more than many others since he has decided to pigeonhole all non-negative posters as blind wingerists. But reading through the thread it looks like he was backed into a corner that he felt he had no option but to persevere with the approach eh ad taken. I don't think he needs to be banned, just have a word with him.

All this demanding to have people banned stuff seems so over the top in most circumstances.

2. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Hans/Kyle crossed the line last night when he started putting references to Hillsborough in his signature.I also deleted posts where he told others that he hopes there's a Hillsborough type disaster at next week's game.

3. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

I'd like to apologise to AFCW, I don't think you should've died in that car accident, I'm happy you didn't get badly injured in that bad accident, I love you.

I still don't agree with some of your opinions though. :-D.

4. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Fair enough that's obviously going too far, but I do think he was pressed into a corner by certain rival fans and whilst drunk and after a heavy loss I can see how it all spiralled out of control for him.

5. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

That's alright pal, apologies for my part in our spat yesterday, don't eat **** and die, it tastes horrible!

/hug :)

6. Arsenal87

I'm going to rip them a new asshole if we win, I bet they will ban me.

7. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I have only just seen the comment you made and I trust it won't happen again.If you hadn't apologised I would have asked for you to be banned

8. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Do yourself a favour and change you signature <ok>

9. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He admitted in the thread that he wasn't drunk, he said he was stone cold sober. That makes this worse I think. I'm sure he'll be back sometime soon, after our match next weekend maybe?

Anyway, too those Arsenal fans that were gracious in defeat, good game yesterday. Let's hope for a good game next weekend (and a Liverpool win ofc!) but who knows, you'll be after revenge and you may end up spanking us.

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Hans saying he is sober and Hans being sober are two very different things I reckon ;)

11. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Maybe, after all you know him more than I do, but what's done is done and can't be undone so let's move on <ok>

12. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I can assure you he was pissed.

13. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Well like I said what's done is done, it can't be undone so isn't much point in talking about it.

Was a good game yesterday CYM, did you watch it? :bandit:

14. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Think he was too busy watching the rugby <laugh>

15. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

<laugh>.

16. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Banter is one thing but threatening to respond by mocking a tragedy is very bannable, surely?

Do you even want fans like that on your board? I dont understand why there is an autopsy going on weather he should've gone or not

17. Jürgenmeiʃter

Some of us would like that <whistle>

18. Arsenal87

:shocked:

19. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Glad I missed this thread.

It is a fun year, and as I said a few weeks ago, if we do win, it will not be like the Invincibles, it will be scrappy and ugly and contain several of these performances.

I was a bit worried when I looked at the available players list for yesterdays game. Arteta is my least favourite pivot right now and Ozil and Cazorla in the same team are weak defensively. No Ramsey, no Flamini, and Ox is not ready for the big games as a DM. Wilshere is snappy and can do a job, but he still isn't that strong at pivot.

In the end it was a train wreck. The players we had available, were just not defensively good enough to stop Liverpool. They would have been great against a "Park the bus" team, but not Liverpool. Not away from home and not with Liverpool as confident as they are right now.

Plus they got their early goal and it all snowballed from there.

We just didn't have the players to compete in that midfield. Id rather have seen Gibbs in there, than Ox yesterday. This is why I keep trying to tell you all that this "Good" and "Bad" player rating is so superficial. We just do not have the right players fit right now.

Ramsey needs to come back fit and strong and Flamini needs to get his brain-surgery and return.

I certainly wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this loss. We have it in our footlocker this year it seems, so we need to just accept it and move on.

20. Jürgenmeiʃter

Aye, especially a poster called Zingy :emoticon-0115-inlov