1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread LIVERPOOL V WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

8 more than we managed against Hull :)

Markthehorn likes this.
  2. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

Me Too!!!

3. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

I don't think there was much between the teams second half. Well done for putting up a fight (just typing this as the 6th went in)

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Honestly whatever the final score is it flatters us could be double figures with out any arguments.

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

5 - 1 was ok but 6 -1 sounds bad

6. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

I think Walter Mazzarri needs to look at the forward players. Liverpool is a bad day but neither Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo are playing as well as they can.

7. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I was worried as soon as I saw Coutihno was up against Janmaat and Amrabat. Both see themselves as offensive option foremost. Amrabat's lack of commitment to stopping the third was an example of this. We gave the ball away cheaply so <doh> many times which, coupled with Liverpool's wonderful quick passing, ripped us open.

OK. We lost away from home to the form side who top the division. It's better than shipping six to sixth place Man Utd - whom we happened to beat, let's remember!

This is but one game in the season, and not one we expected to score points in anyway, so it only affects our goal difference. Chins up, all. :)

brian_66_usa, Ethelhorn and A1 Horn like this.
  8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Disappointing but not entirely surprising. We move on....

9. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

That was a tonking. A real tonking. Not sure if we deserved that, but we deffo didn´t deserve to even get a draw.

I hope Gomes is ok, but we have a good replacement...

Deeney and Ighalo are shadows of former form ATM, that is the most worrying thing.

10. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

As I predicted we'd lose 4-1 (the score while Pantilimon was playing), I'm not bothered by any comments from Liverpool fans at work tomorrow. I'm more concerned about the miserable mood of the VP who is an Everton fan - them losing 5-0 and Liverpool winning 6-1 to go top the same weekend means he'll be in a bad mood tomorrow. What makes it worse is that he's currently serving his notice having resigned, so he doesn't even need to keep a professional demeanour.

11. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

A great day out for Yorkie <wah>

Actually the travelling fans handled it quite well once we realised we were completely outclassed.

Not much service to Deeney and Ighalo so we need to be a little careful in slagging them off.

Amrabat good on the wing.. he drew a lot of players... last balls often poor.

Behrami gave the ball away again and again...

Several players looked well out of their depth

Inability to hold the ball and pass accurately...

Liverpool were excellent in all depts ..... and moved so quickly when they stole possession

However i need ot question our manager as to the style of football we were playing...... so we grabbed one goal could have got another... but let in three more at the other end as we were more stretched....

Hopefully there will be a lot of learning for us here and we can remedy the gaps....

Anyway....... upwards and onwards.....

andytoprankin likes this.
  12. Ethelhorn

Ethelhorn Active Member

Only watched highlights on MOTD but even in that short time you could see, Behrami and Watson were both just chasing shadows ( and not chasing them quick enough !! )

As many have said I wasn't expecting much yesterday so not very worried unless we carry the same form into the next game.

Two thoughts, First surely have got to change what ever we're trying to do with Ighalo, either give him a chance as an outright forward or put someone out there who plays as a left sided attack minded midfielder. Second in the games I've seen at home when we've been overrun Mazzari appeared to change to 4-4-2 and we tightened up but he didn't do that yesterday for some reason ?

13. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I don't think that Mazzari knew what to do, he was as bamboozled as the rest of them. This is probably the first time in Mazzari's life that he has been confronted with this type of energy and high pressing game - you don't find this in Italian football. In Italy when they lose the ball they drop back, but Klopp's teams don't do that. Liverpool are fast becoming like Klopp's Borussia Dortmund team of a few years back - and don't forget that even Real Madrid were demolished by them. Liverpool are the best team in England already, and stand a good chance of being in the first 4 in Europe next year - any mistakes, or anything less than 100% plus will be punished.

14. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

They were so fast..................

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I think somebody needs to clip Klopp's wings!

<sorry>

16. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

We haven´t really played well since beating Utd.

That is also worrying....

17. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Probably more so than losing 6 at Anfield!

Burnley battered us really and so did Swansea to an extent.

Boro were very poor thankfully and Hull came to defend.

18. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Saw the highlights, oh dear, totally outclassed by a team on top form. Even so the defending was embarrassing at times and playing out from the back did not work today. Hoofball may have been more effective, if only to keep the ball in their half a bit more. Once Pants settled he seemed pretty solid. This will happen now and then. Next....