1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread LIVERPOOL V WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Nov 4, 2016.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

LIVERPOOL v WATFORD
    Venue: Anfield
    Date: Sunday 6th November 2016
    Kick Off: 14.15 GMT
    Liverpool will be looking to stretch their run to 19 games unbeaten at home when Watford visit Anfield.

Jurgen Klopp's side have won seven of their 10 Premier League matches this season, prompting talk of the club mounting a serious title challenge.

They sit joint-top of the table, level on points with Manchester City and Arsenal.

The goals have been flying in from all angles this season for the Reds and they have notched 34 goals in their 13 games in all competitions.

However, Watford head to Anfield having kept three consecutive clean sheets in the league and have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games.

Team News: Liverpool

Danny Ings will not be part of Liverpool's squad after undergoing surgery on an injury to his right knee that will keep him out for the rest of the season. Klopp otherwise has no other injury issues and he expects James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum and Emre Can to be available despite suffering from bouts of illness this week.

Team News: Watford

Watford defender Sebastian Prodl is a doubt after suffering a muscle injury in the 1-0 win over Hull City.

Craig Cathcart (groin) and Isaac Success (muscle problem) are both out, while Stefano Okaka (hamstring) faces a late fitness test.

Head to Head.
    Only one of the previous 18 league meetings between these sides has ended in a draw, with Liverpool winning 13 and losing four.

Watford have won just one of their nine league visits to Anfield (W1 D0 L8), winning 1-0 in August 1999 thanks to a Tommy Mooney strike.

The Reds have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four Premier League meetings with Watford, though they did lose the other game 3-0 at Vicarage Road last season.

:emoticon-0100-smile Wherever You Are In The World , Enjoy The Game :emoticon-0100-smile

andytoprankin and Mexican Hornet like this.
  2. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Good preview Frenchie. The common consensus seems to be that there is no point in us turning up. It would be lovely to prove the experts wrong.

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Very good luck to the Golden Boys!

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Cheers OFH.

Unfortunately it´s on too early Sun morning for me this one.

I´d take a point here, that is for sure!

COYH!!

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I think that was the consensus back when this happened...

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Good thread OFH. I am doing the next one but will not be able to do one for a while after that. Not sure if anyone else can help out with you and Mex for a while?

7. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I was atop a step ladder, commentary blaring out from the transistor radio, painting the ceiling to my new flat when he scored. Needless to say I was at the bottom of the ladder painting myself and the floor a second later. How I didn't break any bones I have no idea...

8. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Thanks OFH. Now I'm thinking we could change things round here a bit and surprise Klopp. With the injuries we're struggling to get 3 CBs anyway so play just 2, with Kaboul and Britos and then Janmaat, Holebas/Zuniga. Let Amrabat play further forward all game and give it a go that way. The other 6 pick themselves. If we sit back I just think we may be beaten anyway so why not give it a go?

9. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the attacking that Liverpool do might give Peyrera the room to show what he can do - watching the Boro match he seemed to be stifled. Those who have seen more would be able to give a better opinion, but I think that he hasn't shown his true ability often enough.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Good results for us today - we stay 7th - Bournemouth had their glory of 6-0 against Hull but then lose at home to Sunderland

11. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

And if the scoreline stays the same in this evening's match, we only have to beat Liverpool 3-0 to move up to 6th... <whistle>

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Someone always had to be the first team to lose to Sunderland, but for it to happen at home when Sunderland are a man short makes me glad it wasn't us.

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Troy Deeney has promised Liverpool “a war” at Anfield on Sunday as the striker seeks his 100th goal in Watford colours.

The Hornets have lost only once in their last seven league matches but Deeney has not scored in his last three as he continues to chase his century for the club.

Deeney felt Watford bullied Liverpool at Vicarage Road in their 3-0 victory last December, Jurgen Klopp’s biggest defeat as Reds boss.

“We physically beat them up on the day and the quality we showed in getting the goals was perfect,” Deeney told the Evening Standard.

“But it is going to be a different animal away from home. They believe they can challenge for the title.

“They are doing well at the minute. I enjoy watching them as a neutral but when I step on the pitch it is war. It will be a massive test and if we are still in seventh after that game then we will be doing all right.”

While Watford are doing well under new coach Walter Mazzarri, Deeney said it’s important they don’t repeat the mistakes of last season when they fell away after Christmas.

“Things are going well and we are yet to hit top form. Our performance levels have gone continuously up, other than the Burnley game that we count as a mini blip (Watford lost 2-0 at Turf Moor), and we want to continue that.

“The pressure for us is to not let this season go how last season did, where we started off really well and ended on a flat note. We do not want to get too carried away. We are only 10 games in but we are enjoying it.”

14. A1 Horn

The 5-0 defeat suffered by Everton means a 1-0 win and we're equal with them. Win by 2-1 and we're 6th on goals scored!

15. A1 Horn

As long as Man U don't tonk Swansea...

16. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

Here is something odd. The last league defeat of both teams was 2:0 against Burnley.

17. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Possible, but unlikely. I would say that this is a very difficult match to predict... I suspect we'll get well beaten but stranger things have happened.

I think Swansea will give ManUre a run for their money. I can't see ManUre being as rubbish as they are for too much longer though.

18. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Just off to the game

See Naga has her Watford dress on this morning :)

COYH!

19. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Even if we lose we cannot drop below 8th - results went well for us yesterday

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watford: Gomes (GK); Janmaat, Kaboul, Britos, Holebas; Amrabat, Behrami, Capoue, Pereyra; Deeney (c), Ighalo.

Subs : Pantilimon (GK), Mariappa, Kabasele, Zuniga, Watson, Guedioura, Sinclair.