1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Jan 16, 2017.

1. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessarily say Naughton is many people's good books, he concedes way too much space & time to attackers...

Like last week, the 1st goal in each of these games has been assisted by his difficiencies...

swan_and_only and seabreeze like this.
  2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

1st Liverpool goal shouldn't have counted because the Liverpool player pushed off our defender . The Liverpool defence was out to lunch on Llorente's 2nd goal , if Llorente didn't get his head on it , Fer was ready to nod it in . Liverpool's 1st loss at home in a year folks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Enjoyed watching that again on motd fora change, their first goal looked a close call as it looked to have gone in touch before the cross came in . Plus the foul, push !
    At long last it looks like we've got someone that's good at crossing in carol which could be vital from here on in.
    Lorente had shades of Michu at his best, another important cog in what looks like a bit of a team for us at last !
    A run of wins would be a lot to ask but back to back is not to much against ston if we keep on like that, survival is a real possibility now and the doom just a few weeks ago has now faded a bit.

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Loved Michu to bits but Llorente seems to need less chances. Different types of player of course. Michu could always make goals for himself but Llorente requires good service and for once he got it in this game.

6. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

just watched a replay of the match and def handball (upper arm), however ref missed it due to the angle, perhaps asst should have seen it

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  7. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Can't be at arsed to google Michu. Where is he now?

On your season (and this game).

I like Swansea. I want you to stay in the league. I liked Guadolin. He had you picking up points in important games. Since you sacked him you've been awful. He got a lot of criticism but I think he did well with what you got.

Bob Bradley was never going to work. What I noticed today is that you played with discipline and with a plan. Despite the two goals we scored you have the capability to defend and score goals. Hopefully you move on from this and survive relegation. Personally I think Clement is a very good coach, I think he has the ability to keep you up. I'm very drunk by the way. Good luck for the rest of the season <ok>

8. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

<hug>

9. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

This is a nice one, might use as a screensaver. :)

IMG_3109.JPG

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Possibly right, but Olsson has to do a little better, he cant be letting fermion out jump him from behind. Good from the new boys overall though. I have to agree with Kiff and Carroll looked good, but I will judge after 5 or 6 games, he keeps yesterdays performance up and he will have been a bargain.

seabreeze and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. trundles left foot

I hate stuff like this, always liked Klopp, but he is being a bit of a tosser here, what does he expect, us to come here and go flat out and allow Liverpool to do what they want. We were bottom and they were second, if they could break down the worst defence in the league and lose the game then tuff. Swansea weren't there to make this game a spectacle but to get some sort of result. Stop whinging and have a go at your players who failed to defend properly or score enough goals to win. PC obviously did a little bit better than you, get over it and stop whinging..

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/klopp-bemoans-swanseas-ultra-defensive-approach

seabreeze, Taffvalerowdy and Kifflom! like this.
  13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

"Ultra defensive".....these ****ing idiots do realise we were playing at Anfield, bottom of the League and something had to change, right? <doh>

14. trundles left foot

Its the usual billy big bollox in that we are not allowed as a small club doen the bottom to go there and even think of trying to get a point, we are supposed to roll over let them tickle our bellies and let them have the three points. Get over it Klopp.

15. PGFWhite

Ultra defensive? We scored three goals away from home....and nearly had a fourth <laugh>

16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Look at it another way, all Klopp is admitting is that his much vaunted attack were bettered by a much maligned defence, our game plan beat his game plan.

Klopps plan A was nullified by Clements plan A. Drill it down further within the respective game plans, our defence executed their roles well against their attack, our midfield executed their roles and instructions more effectively than theirs and our attack was extremely potent with very limited opportunity and beat their defence. The better executed game plan won the game.

Reason for this? I reckon Klopp got complacent and thought he'd already won the game on the training pitch. On the day though both he and his team were taken aback by how well we played, they didn't see that performance coming and hadn't planned for it. Klopps complacency through the week leading up to the game meant he failed to design a plan B so on the day he was stuck with a Plan A which Clements thoughtful Plan A nullified.

Clement must take a lot of credit. His game plan was risky business as it meant conceding possession to a potentially potent Liverpool side. It was a gutsy call on his part to ask our defence to change the way they've played up to now and play narrow and along with our DM's force Liverpool out wide by blocking out the middle. But he did and our players executed their roles with a confidence and an asurety we've not seen all season. I reckon this came from the confidence instilled in them by Clement who showed his faith in them and their abilities. He showed he trusted them and they responded.

Klopp can make as many excuses as he wants but he was out coached yesterday and he was beaten by a superbly crafted game plan, well executed. Liverpool didn't lose yesterday, Swansea City won but there's something else. No one has mentioned that Clement out-Klopped Klopp yesterday. He out thought him, out coached him and he beat him :D

Keep the faith

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  17. seabreeze

Agree on Olsson , got himself in a very poor position on the play .. BUT .. regardless , he was pushed IMO .

18. seabreeze

Took us lightly and payed the price ....as for his remarks , a bit of a Klopp out .

Stumpy likes this.
  19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

20. PGFWhite