1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool V Southampton League Cup SF L2

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 19, 2017.

?

What will occur?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

61.9%
  2. Liverpool AET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Liverpool on pens

4.8%
  4. Southampton Win

23.8%
  5. Southampton AET

4.8%
  6. Southampton on pens

4.8%
  1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Couts finishing is poor. His goals are all long range efforts, he doesn't get inside the box and when he does, hes no where near clinical.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

It'd be a great reward for them yes... but they have to deserve it on the day. thats football

I mean we've watched them struggle for years and go under and come back and really bring an example of what honest endeavour off the park can do. I can't think of another club thats joined the prem and its rich toffs that deserves a pot more.

Stoke maybe but their thuggish behaviour at times too the shine off them

3. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

That would be nice for Lovren, Clyne, Lala and Mane to get their hands on some silverware after they moved here for. <ok>

nice teeth, Libby and carlthejackal like this.
  4. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

They are on the brink of doing it. They score one goal and keep it closed at the back. Really so close to an amazing feat: all premiership opposition, all wins and no goals conceded. I am a Claude fan :bandit:

Libby likes this.
  5. saintKlopp

Mito just lets a drunken hamster dance on his keyboard while he's working and he just presses send now and again.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  6. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just make sure you beat the ****ing Mancs <ok>

We can discuss prices for the cup and Van Dijke after you've won it <whistle>

Libby likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Back today from a wedding in Wigan, after I travelled over to Liverpool on Wednesday and went to the game (my one-a-season, I suppose :biggrin:). I was in the Anny Rd end with my nephew who came over from OZ for a couple of months for Christmas, and my sister's wedding. Poor him - he drove down to the away leg a few weeks ago, went to see the Swansea game on his dad's season ticket, and got to see the home game against Plymouth too. No wonder his Bluenose aunt was saying in her speech yesterday that they want to see more of him. Doubtless my late, Bluenose mum would too...

Anyway, straight off to say - Soton smashed us over two legs. Best team by a country mile and they should have been out of sight after the first leg. Even after the first half at Anfield, apart from one or two scruffy, half chances (Lala's miscontrol in front of goal sticks in my mind) I couldn't see us getting through, and it was only when my nephew was saying the same over a cup of tea at half time when he reminded me that Van Djik wasn't playing. And we had our best side out - no excuses.

A couple of good chances fell to Studge in the second, and I can only think that the only reason he was on the pitch was to put them away. Many's the time I've defended Studge up-to-the-hilt when some on here have bemoaned his lack of movement, but a Studge who has two chances and doesn't put them away is like having a sniper, working your bollocks off and losing men to get him into a kill position - then find out he has not brought any ammo. But no sour grapes as, again, Soton thoroughly deserved their win, and being at the other end of the ground I have no view whatsoever on any 'controversial' incidents (that should please Diego).

And as we walked back across an utterly freezing Stanley Park to just by Woodison where the car was parked (outside the said Bluenose aunt's) we tried to take it sanguinely and just hoped now that we could do better against Wolves and Chelsea: we got in the car, turned on the radio to 5L, and there was this **** 'Pool supporter calling for Jurgen to be sacked and the appointment of Diego Simeone. Armchair supporters... <whistle>

We changed channels.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    johnsonsbaby, luvgonzo and saintKlopp like this.
  8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

How are you getting on with Shadows of the Mind?

9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I got to page 60 a fortnight ago, but I've been tied up with nights, hospital appointments (I'm finally having my prostitute gland out, as I now call it! :cheesy: ) and this wedding I refer to. Back onto it tonight, though I have got that Homo Deus book by Harari on the go too now, even though you told me off for reading two books at once. :emoticon-0145-shake

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Good player that I like and would improve our squad but not the level we should be aiming for imo

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. saintKlopp

I agree. <ok>

Zanjinho and johnsonsbaby like this.
  12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Jose Mourinho Appears to Mock Jurgen Klopp After Hull vs. Manchester United
    upload_2017-1-27_17-38-38.png
    Jose Mourinho appeared to mock Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp following Manchester United's progression to the EFL Cup final at the expense of Hull City on Thursday.

Per Tom Williams of AFP (h/t Yahoo Sports), Klopp commented that windy conditions made life difficult for his side as they lost 1-0 to Southampton in the competition a day prior. The United manager referenced the comment when asked whether his side would be favourites against Saints at Wembley Stadium on February 26.

"I don't think we are favourites against anybody," he said, per Williams. "It doesn't matter where we play, against who. We are never favourites. Normally, the stadium is windy and it's difficult."
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football