1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool V Plymouth - FA Cup 3rd round

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 1, 2017.

?

What will occur?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

76.5%
  2. Draw

11.8%
  3. Plymouth win

11.8%
  1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

it is important to do the rehab though. Should get a plan of exercises and if lucky as in my mums case a place at a small physio unit in a local medical centre

2. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

My Mum had loads of physio and never missed a session, she reckoned it was a good break from my Dad.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  3. Solid_Air 2

<laugh>
    think mine , apart from knowing it was important , enjoyed it as she does like to talk & there she had a captive audience

just joking Mum :bandit:

Garlic Klopp likes this.
  4. Garlic Klopp

5. moreinjuredthanowen

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just to put the record straight again I think your reporter has dixlexia (or however that Fecking word is spelt). The statement on plymouth actually read that 70000 people live in DEVONPORT. That's an area of the City around the Dockyard. There are no landed Gentry down here except Charlie from Buck Palace fame. He owns half of bleddy Cornwall. The wages are reletively low. £20k a year would be average for a lot. There are plenty of rich visitors who occupy the Yacht Marinas. We take their money giving as little service for it as possible.

Michael Foot was indeed a son of this City and was one of our most famous supporters on a lifelong basis. We also have Wayne Sleep and Tom Daley. There is a theme with those 2 but it is not generic for the rest of the population here. Honest my lovelies. You have never tasted a proper snack until you've had a proper pasty and anyone who comes down must have at least one. Anyone who has ever served in the RN will know Dooney's pasties as their shop was right outside the Dockyard Gates. I was in the RN and know at least a few scousers served as I knew them personally. You cannot feed more than one person with a pasty because once tasted there is no way you would let some other bastard nick any of it.

If you are visiting the City for the rematch then there is one rule for everyone. You are not allowed to rush around anywhere. All the transport has one timetable so it's dead easy. Simply says "There will be one along dreckly". Oh and no nicking the wheels of the horse carts. They'me a bugger to get back on and the horses get a stiff neck.

7. Garlic Klopp

I never put any comment on it as it speaks for itself. Imagine your son dying suddenly when you are 200+ miles away and can't get there.

8. Solid_Air 2

that sort of figure is probably the average wage if you use median or mode to determine the average certainly if you remove London weighting on the figures

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^^^
    #meltdown

10. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Eurgh. Nothing worse than warm Carlng. <ok>

Zanjinho likes this.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

12. Red Hadron Collider

can't envision losing either of my daughters. It would ****ing destroy me. Poor man.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is a thread on one of the main fan forums in Plymouth telling this story with a post from the man concerned. He was full of praise for Liverpool and what they did for him that day. Rightly it is being very well received and it prompted others to say how well everyone was treated at Anfield. There is also a story about a Liverpool fan at the Hillsborough memorial who was a bit distressed and was comforted by an Argyle supporter who was there paying his respects. This is how everyone should be treated whether it be football related or not and it is so refreshing to see stories like this rather than the Chelsea racist case for example. Not going to pick just on Chelsea because every club has it's moronic few as we know. I have my ticket for the rematch obtained this morning and I hope the return is as friendly as the away one seems to have been.

To everyone concerned in the above :emoticon-0150-hands<applause><applause><applause>

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...h-fans-touching-hillsborough-gesture-12428423
    A Liverpool fan who broke down at the Hillsborough memorial yesterday has spoken of the touching moment a Plymouth fan comforted him in his distress.
    Lifelong LFC supporter Josh Christian visited the memorial before the game and was overcome with emotion.

As he turned to walk away from the memorial he felt a hand on his shoulder and as he turned around he was stunned to see a Plymouth fan.
    Josh, 23, said: “I haven’t been to a home game for a couple of months and as I went to the memorial I just suddenly felt really emotional and I started to cry.

“After kissing the memorial I started to walk away and then just felt this hand on my shoulder and as I turned round I realised it was a Plymouth fan and he just gave me a hug.
    “As he was hugging me he said ‘don’t be ashamed of crying, you’ll never walk alone, we walk with you’, which obviously made me cry even more.
    “I was so moved by what he said and I just wanted to share it with the world, because people can get the wrong idea about Football fans, but this man was just amazing.”
    Josh, who has followed the Hillsborough campaign for justice all his life, even emailed Plymouth Argyle to show his appreciation for the fan’s actions.
    And the warehouse worker received a touching response from the club’s communications manager Rick Cowdry.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Good post, lad <ok>

* Record Points Total likes this.
  16. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

That's got Bisc's interest. :biggrin:

17. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Who? :huh:

18. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

19. FedLadSonOfAnfield

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have literally just read a story on the Argyle main fan forum, pasoti for those that don't know, about a collection being made for a banner to display at the replay next Wednesday to commemorate the passing of the man's son. The collection has exceeded the cost of the banner 10 fold and the remainder of the money is to be donated to the hospital where he passed away. There is also talk of a minutes applause on 25 minutes to commemorate his passing by marking his age. Wow.

This has brought a bit of a tear to my eye that people, complete strangers, can react like this. It is one of the sadest things I have read in a long time. I had a brother who died when I was 10 years old, he was 12, and it has never left me and I'm 67 now. People were so kind then to my parents and me and when I think about it now it's humbling. It is so heartwarming to know that human kindness isn't dead despite the world we now live in. It's part of the human makeup that brings us together more than anything else is tragedy. As a parent you don't expect or want to bury your own. I can't imagine what that could possibly be like. I rejoice in the fact that my 3 are alive and healthy as are all of my grandchildren. It brings all things sharply into focus and your fan base deserves a huge round of applause for the reaction to this story. I still hope upon hope that we beat you soundly in the replay but I think your people will be remembered long after this game has ended no matter what the score. Well done all concerned.