1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool V Chelsea -Premier League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 25, 2017.

?

what will occur

Poll closed Jan 31, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

43.8%
  2. Draw

18.8%
  3. Cheslea win

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Competing for what?
    We have a 50/50 chance in the League cup
    Still in the FA cup
    Still in the EL
    No chance of winning the PL.

What are Liverpool competing in for the next few months?

When Jose has had more than a season and half I will expect much better from him.

2. saintKlopp

But the odd thing is they're all still ahead of you....funny that.

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not really, we have played against teams that refused to let us score, you lot know how that can affect your game :emoticon-0100-smile

4. saintKlopp

Yeah, and you've never seen me complain about that. Apart from when it was held up as a master-class by a team that should have had rather more ambition.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I thought Burnley did it rather well and 2 goals were more than enough, why should they go for more?

6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Good result for United to be fair.

Hopefully we'll do them on the weekend.

Away from Anfield and the pressure may actually benefit the players.

carlthejackal and saintKlopp like this.
  7. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Maureen has been in his job at MUFC for 7 months, in Klopp's first 7 months at LFC he reached two cup finals in which before they were played had a 50/50 chance of winning both.

When Klopp has spent £149 million and is stuck in 6th place in the league "I will expect much better from him"

:emoticon-0105-wink:

organic red likes this.
  8. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just out of interest, on a serious note what you make of Mourinho comments after game today?

Clip just saw saw on sky sports.

Gets asked about too many draws and then f this game seemed to echo the burnley draw, and immediately goes on to say he's not critical of hull and way they play totally ignoring the question about his own team. Not once did he mention united and players not performing to standard expected in the whole question.

Is then asked if might need a change in strategy as more teams will go there and do same, again ignores it and talks about Klopp a comments about 4th official saying he liked his passion and Jose being told to sit down.

Hes obviously a sore loser, which isn't bad thing for manager, but don't you wish he would just be honest and call out the team for being poor when they're poor? It reminds me of Rodgers who would always praise the team even when we've just lost and they were shocking. Mourinho was known to deflect attention from own team at Chelsea and players have said was great as took it away from them but don't think that really works now.

9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Heard the interview on 5L. What me made me chuckle was the whining about Hull 'Testing the referee all the way through to see what they could get away with'. Er, like you did at Anfield that day in '14, Monginho?

10. moreinjuredthanowen

He goes full childish to avoid criticising his own team.

You will know when he wants out cos he will start giving them stick.

The issue today with this deflection is what do you do behind closed doors. Wenger is known to baby the players constantly so they always **** up. Mourinho... well... utd are still a misshapen squad with little to supply ibrahimovic

11. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

These interviews are so predictable, when I saw 0-0 I knew the story would immediately be about what Jose has said.

The fact it is fallen for still is embarrassing, be great to just see it put in the middle of an article first of all explaining how average Utd have looked for weeks

12. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

It's not that they fall for it but if he says something which out of the ordinary it has to be talked about.

If we lose 5-0 to Hull on Saturday and Klopp comes out and says 'I've murdered many people in Liverpool' the talking point would not be about the result.

The problem is Mourinho really said nothing which was out of the ordinary, there highlighting the fact he stormed out when being interviewed. If he didn't do that them im sure the only conversation would be the performance.

13. saintKlopp

I've never bought that one.
    He just has to be the centre of attention, imo.

14. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Well there's 2 points really, the first is him saying he's treated differently (again) and the second is him storming away from an interview like a toddler.

I guess my main gripe is that the headlines should be more like 'Hull held by utd' as they should've won it, but again it's all about that twat.

15. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Sky got the ref watch discussing controversial incidents in games.

Liverpool chelsea has 3. The penalty.. wasn't that controversial thinks everyone agrees it's a pen.

Guy Klopp's passionate speech to 4th official and he should have been removed.

3rd one... isn't the awarding of free kick. Isn't the taking of it...

ots a tackle milner made on Moses and if it should have been a red <yikes>
    Was not even close to red card tackle. He got booked, slide in was late but ended up catching him with his sliding knee rather than any studs etc <doh>

16. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't think it was a pen.

I don't know about the removal. if the 4th offical didn't report it well.. pretty hard

and thats everything you need to know right there about sky. they are firmly declaring chelsea as champions and are going to be in their pocket here on out.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Course it was a pen, matip left his leg dangling and caught costa. If costa wanted to he could probably have stayed up and he sent himself flying, but matip more than did enough to impede costa.

As for Milners tackle, was pretty dangerous, he pretty much full pelt flew into the tackle when moses was back to him and played it first time.. I think yellow was fair but could see it being red.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

He was side on, wasn't from behind. He clattered him, but it was with his trailing thigh rather than leading studs. Moses saw it coming from mile off and jumped to pretty much avoid it. Was never a red, no where near dangerous.

19. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Not sure it was...................Bod didn't think it was

20. moreinjuredthanowen

other than matip got the ball like <whistle>

coata was a pure dive he threw both legs up behind him ridiculously.

If milner is red then the game is gone cos how can naisse get away with two fouls after a yellow and milner be told his challenge is a red from a nothing foul.