1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

~ Liverpool transfer deadline day thread ~

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Salah's-left-foot, Aug 30, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

nobody knows whats going on there but i nthe end the fact is chelsea only came in after aquilani was let go to milan.. ergo meireles can't be blamed for that but its very unprofessional to throw a wobbly to head to chelsea to late in the day....

obviously chelsea bid and when he was told it was too late this time he threw a wobbly. To me he can chuff off seeing gerrard is fit. The villas boas link is all well and good but if he couldn't make a private understanding with kenny and comolli thats his problem. Chelsea are highly unlikely to rely on him long term and he's got much brains he'd realise he's third choice behind others they've bidded for.

for me our defensive duo will be lucas and adam and to be frank he didn't look like he fitted there
    Out attacking three midfielders will be henderson/kuyt, gerrard/suarez, downing/bellamy... and will have maxi to cover right across.... Carroll up top...

So all in all meireles was clearly not first choice so there you go... i have to wonder how the hell he thinks he'd play at cheslea.... he aint going to play defensive midfield so is he pushing lampard out? ramieres? he's certianly not pushing mata, torres and anelka out of the front 3......

I rate his work rate etc but he's also got injured a lot and looked lightweight i nthe tackle.... hmmmmmm.... our bench to chelsea's bench smells like a bit mercenary to me.

more good news though degen has been released on a free.... thats poulsen, degen, cole and n'gog gone.

our outs this summer now stand at

degen
    poulsen
    n'gog
    kyrgiakos
    insua
    ayala
    konchesky
    bouzanis
    saric
    el zhar
    ince

loans:
    hansen
    gulasci
    cole
    aquilani
    darby

thats fabulous really, we obviously couldn't get the moeny for meireles or aquilani or cole but we've got most all the dead wood shifted.... thats quick work

We got in doni, enrique, downing, adam, henderson, coates and bellamy..... for me thats a lot better. If we keep this up in january we'll have a competitve team for the future campaigns (in europe) and can compete this year on what we have to do

2. Henducas

Henducas Member

no sturidge either by the looks of it... very disappointed. On the bright side, if he didnt wanna play for us, then no point in making him stay, hope he does a torres. Also degen has left by mutual consent, so thats been a good summer for clearing deadwood

3. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

2312: DONE DEAL Yep, here is one of the day's BIG, last-ditch deals. Chelsea have confirmed that 28-year-old Portugal international Raul Meireles has joined the club from Liverpool on a four-year deal. The fee is believed to be in the region of £12m.
    2310: Confirmed: Chelsea have signed Raul Meireles. And Arsenal have signed Mikel Arteta and let Nicklas Bendtner join Sunderland on loan. Phew.

4. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

BBC report fee of £12m

5. addzlfc

addzlfc Active Member

Although its sad to see Raul go, there is no point in keeping a player if he doesn't want to be here. With Gerrard back soon, I'm confident we have enough depth to cope with his departure. :)

6. Henducas

Henducas Member

too low of a fee... if the reported 12m is correct

7. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

What a ****.

8. kph103

kph103 Well-Known Member

It's something of a shame he's gone but as others have said couldn't see him being a first team choice.It would have been good to see Sturridge as part of the deal though.
    All in all it's been agreat window for us,everyone is is quality and all the deadwood shifted with the announce ment degen has now had his contract cancelled.
    Real strength in depth and although scepticle about Bellamy at first I think he will do a good job for us.Him coming off the bench will be more threatning than N'gog.
    Good luck to all those who left and here's to the top 4 !!!

9. saintKlopp

mito
    I agree with everything you've said there- it's just that the Meireles thing has left a sour taste...
    Still, as you say, he's unlikely to get any more playing time with them than he would have with us and at least we know if he plays against us all we have to do is get stuck into him because he tackles like a girl.

In other news; the site's driving me up the ****in wall.

10. Foredeckdave

I don't know why but I feel very let down by Miereles if only because his move makes our midfield options so much less than they appeared to be at the start of the season.

11. kph103

kph103 Well-Known Member

me too

12. moreinjuredthanowen

we've pulled a fast one here.....

it seems meireles has been sold for more than he arrived for to chelsea but there was something in his contract and we bascially made the guy put in a transfer request to wave the contractual loyalty... in other words we got shut of meireles who clearly wants to bench warm in london without paying him a dime.... all in all good business.

i can't actually see in either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3- where he'd keep a fit gerrard out of our team. as a player i rate him but can't see him holding many players out at chelsea either!

he's 28 and will turn 29 next march so again, player in his prime going but if he stayed he'd be worth less next year.....

plus he strengthens chelsea maybe challenging utd.... purely as an idle comment

13. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

He couldn't get into our first team, he will get into Chelsea's. Evidence of our fantastic progress under King Kenny

14. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I head it was around £15mil. Didn't we sign him for £12mil so can't see us selling him for the exact same amount as we signed him for?

Glad he's gone if he didn't want to be here. Hope he follows Torres & Benayoun by not furthering their careers but earning slightly more money. The grass isn't always greener....

So we now have Lucas, Spearing, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson in centre midfield with Coady waiting to make the step up as well. Think that should be enough unless we get a couple of injuries but should at least see us through until January.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

chelsea team;

cech
    boswinga luiz terry cole
    miereles mikel lampard
    anelka torres mata

bench
    ramieres, drogba, malouda, hilario, kalou, alex, zirkov

our team
    reina
    johnson carra agger enrique
    lucas adam
    suarez gerrard downing
    carroll

subs: doni, coates, kelly, bellamy, kuyt, spearing, henderson

anyone got the gall to seriously (non wum) tell me that chelsea team is any better than our line up, only spearing could be questioned!

16. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I see you've changed your name <whistle>

17. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I see you've changed your name <whistle>

18. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and by forcing him to hand in that request not only have kenny and comolli stopped him getting some pay off (rob same for torres) they've again made the player the bad guy....

this shows how kenny has united us fans behind the club..... had we got woy and comolli at least half fans would be on the clubs back right now.

ire goes to raul meireles not lfc and thats good.

19. Foredeckdave

I suppose that my reaction to the Miereles move was based upon my thinking that Bellamy would be a direct repacement for Ngog. However, once he attains match fitness, Bellamy can give us that impetus from midfield.

Please please somebody tell kenny to ensure that there are no golf clubs left around.

20. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

Server Issues: As is apparent the server is under a lot of pressure today because of a big increase in users. We will be adding an additional server to increase capacity tonight at around 1am - around 30 minutes downtime will be required at that point. Thanks for bearing with us.

Rearrange into a well known phrase or saying.... Door, bolt, barn, horse, after, bolted.