1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool spend 74 million....

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by miff33, Jan 31, 2011.

1. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

on Charlie Adam, Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez. and we all thought City wasted money :shocked::shocked::shocked:

2. Frank1955

Frank1955 Member

If they happen apparently charlie adam is off but you never know. Really does seem like a big waste but they are desperate.

3. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

been winding my pool mtes up, that they have sold the best striker in the world and replaced him with 2 players who where in the championship last year..which is ironically the reason torres wants to leave due to signings like that..

4. galvinshuffle

galvinshuffle New Member

Desparation is a terrible thing.

5. N

N Active Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Suarez in the PL. He looked a great player at the WC. I don't see how Carroll can show his face after that, "I'll be at Newcastle for life" Bullshit.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If the Torres transfer goes tits up now I wouldn't like to be the Liverpool executive trying to explain to the owner why he needed to find over £35M to pay for Carroll.

7. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

I remember him (Suarez) for celebrating after his cheating cost Ghana their place in the World Cup, he'll fit in well at Liverpool!

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

When I woke up this morning and saw that Liverpool had agreed to pay £35m for Carroll I thought I was hallucinating. We've mocked them for so long and then when you realise they've got some cash to spend, and think they can turn a corner, they blow it on mediocre players like Carroll. (Well, he's a good player but he certainly ain't worth that much).

9. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

£23m on a player like suarez, then £35m on carroll? mental.

10. suchy

suchy Member

This transfer window in the premier league was mental all these prices were off that back of the 18mill bent deal pushed prices up of anyone even slightly better than him suarez looks like a barging in this transfer window lol

11. BigotAlertAnalRimMan

i think suarez is probably the best purchase but it's still crazy money... £50 million is arguably ok... he is up there with the best, when he's on form but considering caroll is £15 million cheaper (less with the incentives) , that's just ridiculous... he doesn't even come close to torres and I predict him to be a flop at liverpool...

12. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

didn't bent's transfer to tottenham have the same effect a few years back too? all the prices for English players seemed to rocket after that. David Bentley springs to mind. I think Liverpool should have signed Jay bothroyd on a short contract to fill in this season and then tried to grab Carroll in the summer. I reckon they would have saved about £10mil