1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool Envy?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by thedailytackle, Jun 23, 2011.

1. thedailytackle

Do Everton fans feel envious at the spending frenzy across Stanley Park?

It looks like they are buying British but paying way over the odds! Can they really afford it without Champions League Football?

Are Everton right to go the opposite way and operate within their means?

2. ooOO IMWT OOoo

ooOO IMWT OOoo New Member

They can afford it but we don't care. We simply don't care what they get up to.

3. MOTD SavesTheBestTillLast

Every club has the right to spend how they see fit, if the BRS owners wish to spend over the odds on players thats upto them. Carroll will be a good buy even though he cost 20 mill too much as for Henderson theyve been well stung on that one even hibbo can pass better than him :) Yes id love to see our club splash some cash but not at the expense of our future but we need a striker and if its sell to buy then so be it.

4. Denny Kalglish

Ahh but you care about results don't you? I took 3 seperate bets from Evertonian mates that you would finish above us last season when we were in the relagation zone - surely you care about were you finish in realtion to LFC and therefore take an interest in our transfer policy?

5. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

i can confirm they have been well stung with henderson :cheesy:

6. Jack

Jack New Member

The red ****e, together with Man U have always been allowed to spend money they haven't got, and to pay wages they can't aford, - nothing has changed. Hicks and Gillett somewhat naively tried to run the place as a responsible club living within it's means, and look at the hullaballoo that kicked off. When the new financial regs come into force next season requiring clubs to do just that, I guarantee that the maggots acrosss the park and Phillipines Utd can ignore it.

But to answer the original point, no. Because when Sky pulls the plug,- and they will, it's just a matter of when,- then we'll be one of the very few clubs still in existence. Financially, we simply have to be patient, and wait for that happy day to arrive. We'll be okay.

7. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

A little harsh.

Gotta disagree. Liverpool's owners are re-building the club to become sustainable. The spending we are is pretty much a one-off because we need to re-build. With the correct backroom staff getting the best out of players and the best marketing directors increasing revenue we'll soon be alright with UEFA's financial fair play rule.

Why did you mention us? By the way?

What about Chelsea and Manchester City? They both have spent crazy money on transfers and wages. Yes we spent £35million on Andy Carroll plus £90,000 a week wages, but Chelsea spent £50million on Fernando Torres in addition to around £150,000 a week on wages, and who proved more effective?

I'm not having a dig, I'm just questioning why you failed to mention Chelsea and Man City's crazy unsustainable spending, instead pointing out ours. I know this thread is about Liverpool but you've also mentioned United, at least they also have a worldwide marketing project to sustain revenue, what about Chelsea and Man City?

8. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's it, blame Chelsea and City <ok>

9. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just highlighting the fact that they weren't mentioned.

10. Ricardo Lux

Ricardo Lux Member

Everton getting outbid by a championship side for a cheap second choice goalkeeper.

Definitely be relegated next season.

Bitters <laugh>

11. RushFowlerGerrard

Are you mad?

12. All up front

All up front Member

Although I'm born and raised a red, and live to see us win on derby days... I'd hate to see the reds go down!

13. All up front

All up front Member

was what I meant to say... Tired...

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree, get some kip mate. <laugh>