1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

live streams for Austria avaliable

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

TC you have the ability to be such an irritating insect,quick pass the fly spray :emoticon-0173-middl

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the first half. Suspect that lineup will be close to our start to the season proper, Jansson excepted. Can't report on this bloody phone, so need to get lappie working before I can do that. Mostly good to report, some excellent, some not so good. Suspect we have a legend in the making. Guess who?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

Millwall v Barnet not on TV ? Apart from no fookin interest and 2 **** no fans clubs,does anyone know why.<whistle>

4. lifecheshirewhite

Alioski has to be <ok>

Whitejock and Farsleyexile like this.
  5. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Neither was you <laugh>

6. lifecheshirewhite

That's because I wasn't playing due to being nearly as **** as millwall.<laugh>

Old Git likes this.
  7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Well if you can play in midfield, we can post a youtube clip and send it to Orta - he'll definitely sign you up no matter how **** you are ;)

8. lifecheshirewhite

:emoticon-0132-envy: no one would sign any of the ****e millwall have there.
    Hows your new star player getting on ? You know the one who was too ****e for our 3rd team.<laugh>

9. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

W.J it seems to me that a bad problem last season was giving the ball away with bad passing. Did you see a significant change with the passing against Borussia?

10. Whitejock

Evening chaps,

Finally got my lappie working. Some comments about the BM match on Thursday night:

First half: Excellent half. Lots of great performances, goal opportunities, slick passing & coordinated closing down. Couldn't ask for more, tbh, perhaps except for some more goals. Some comments on a few players:

Waynesworld: Solid performance. Seems to like coming out with the ball, which I personally don't like to see a keeper doing. Doesn't mean I'm right. The more worrying part is that he's very, very confident with the ball at his feet, and takes his time to clear. Not his job, and needs knocked out of him. Did it often & had a few close calls. His luck will eventually run out. But then, if he was perfect, we'd never have signed him. Distribution fine, as with all other skills. Showed varied & competent handling - catching, punching & parrying. No fault found there.

Ayling: Good goal. I believe that's his first for us, and you'd have been proud of any striker scoring it. Unusually played 30 mins as LB in the second half. I asked him if it was planned, he said no. He had no idea why he got played there. He guessed it was because Anita had to play RB. I mentioned that Anita had played LB before. He just smiled & shrugged his shoulders. Gomes eventually came on for him (I thought it was Denton - speaks volumes about my vision at 80/90 yds - and speak volumes that Denton isn't playing!). Spoke with him at training. Think he's the joker in the pack. Really down to earth & humorous with it. Would probably fall flat if I repeated it word for word, as you had to see the mannerisms too. Answers such as "Saiz. Is he the Spanish guy? Point him out", "Fcuked if I know what their names are - there's loads of them have come in". Deadpan delivery & everyone in howls of laughter. Asked what the (only) guy in the tracksuit did, he replied "He's the new fitness coach. He just runs about shouting fcuking 'Bravo' all the time. No idea what else he does". Plenty more. If you ever get close to the players for any reason (POTY etc.), seek him out & be entertained. Btw, bet he got a helluva surprise at them going white water rafting in the afternoon. He was hoping to get in a game of golf! :D

Cooper: Provider of a couple of the best through balls of the match. Played majestically, IMO, but admit I'm biased. He did make one mistake over on the wing, fell, & hurt his hip on the running track edging. Recovered quickly. Not convinced Pennington will or should be picked before him.

Jansson: No worries there. Watched him in training. Boy, he really enjoys himself. Throws himself into everything & howls with laughter if anyone fails at anything. Evidently a huge character off the pitch too, & clearly well liked.

Berardi: Beast. Thankfully.

O'Kane & Phillips: Someone's been looking up last season's stats, I think. :D Both played very well together last season, & there was no change there. Think they may be our starters, atm. Will mention Phillips later.

Roofe: Better than last season. He's not supposed to be on fire this early! :D

Hernandez: Clearly interested, keen, entertaining & playing for the team. If only he could manage that every game. Hopefully he'll have competition this season so that every time he does step out, he plays out of his skin.

Alioski: I hope he stays with us. He's unbelievable & belongs at the top table. Not just in being creative - he loves a tackle & can be a bit of a dirty barsteward when he likes, á la Alan Smith. Will score goals & create loads. He does something we've been missing for a long while - he slings in early (quality!) crosses. For too many seasons we've over-played it on the wings. He's got some engine & skills that you only expect Roy of the Rovers to have - you name it, he's got it. Very exciting player. Know the best bit? He's very reserved when you speak to him. Very unassuming, and perhaps even a bit shy. Speaks brilliant english too, so I don't know what that video was all about. For some reason, we seemed to starve him of the ball for the first 10 mins or so. No idea why.

Wood: Continuing where he left off. Much sharper at this stage than I expected, given he was a late starter.

Overall 1st half comments: Very industrious & creative. Not 100% yet, but well on the way. During the match, I was talking to a guy about Phillips. He reckoned Phillips ran in slow motion. I disagreed, but kept an eye on him. After about 15 mins, I was just about to agree with the guy & Phillips screamed back 3/4 of the pitch, passing all on his way. Stunned even me. Told the guy my thoughts, & how Phillips just changed my mind back to my original thoughts. It was then that I realised the biggest change in our team. Don't know if anyone's dwelt on this, but we've built a team based on pace for once. When was the last time that happened? TBF, Phillips still looks the slowest, with Berardi next. But I remembered that in quite a number of autobiographies I've read, young players get hammered by their managers for burning out in 60 mins by scurrying about too much. Takes them a while to pace themselves. Perhaps we're actually penalising him for doing his job properly, & doing so ahead of expectations? Just a though. But got to mention that pace once again. If we keep that up, we'll all be creaming ourselves!

Second half. Bit of a damp squib, if I'm honest, but with a number of flashes. Seemed to play 4-4-1-1, with Saiz hanging off Ekuban. Not entirely convinced given where I was standing, but it certainly looked like that (intentional or otherwise). Ekuban excites me. He's not here to play u23. He's scary. He runs straight at defenders & goes past them, & pity help them if they get in his way!

Anita: Showed he's a contender. Good, solid performance at RB, supporting Sacko well.

Pennington: Not convinced he's the finished article. Had a couple of 'Beckenbaur' moments, only he lost the ball. In good company, I guess, as Cooper did it once, & Jansson is a regular offender. Having said that, I wonder if that's what their instructions are these days. Perhaps more games will mean more confidence. I'm not for a moment suggesting this lad is a liability - he's very able, but he's got some work to do. Did look assured a lot of the time, even under pressure. It's the mental/concentration side that worries me, not the confidence or skill. Hope I'm wrong, or it's something they're working on. I also must acknowledge that it was only day #1 with us, so unfair to over-criticise.

Bridcutt:
    was Bridcutt. Can't see him starting.

Viera: I covered more ground on the terracing than he did in his first 10 mins. He just didn't get into the game straight away. Seemed to get more involved as the game progressed & was better going forward. Just wondering if he's got new instructions to follow, especially as it appeared to be a 4-4-1-1 we were playing. Apart from a couple of flashes, I was a bit disappointed, but tbh, he did blow hot & cold a bit last season, which you'd expect from a youngster.

Saiz: I expected more. I so want him to be a success, but Jury is still out.

Dallas: Industrious as ever when he came on. Covered a lot for Gomes, and yet still offered a threat on the left. Bit of a Marmite player, but I like him & can see a place for him in the squad. He'd be ideal when playing out a match. I still think Alioski, Roofe & Sacko will be picked before him to start as we'll play a pacier game this season.

Sacko: Still getting picked for his pace IMO. Hopefully as the season progresses, we'll be able to add to that statement. Didn't seem quite as reckless & wasteful as last season, but it's early days.

Gomes: Not convinced he's a left back, but 20 mins is nothing, I guess, especially as the match was dead(ish).

Shaugnessy: Surprised he's being played at CB. Thought we brought him in as a midfielder? Played alongside Pennington & did ok. Again, like Gomes, 20 mins is nothing in a dead game, so not fair to over-criticise.

An aside: Anyone else like me think that Doukara is a big unit? Well I followed him into the training session & was really surprised. He's no bulkier than anyone else. Don't know if it's his fat arse, low centre of gravity or what, but on the pitch he looks bigger. I for one have given him pelters for not using his size more. Reason clearly is that he's not really got a size advantage!

Aside #2: Anyone ever noticed Anita run - particularly side on? He looks deformed. Seriously. Don't know how to describe it properly. Something wrong with the curvature of his spine, I'm guessing. Chest arrives 2 minutes before his sticky-out arse does (don't tell Brissie - he'll have a heart attack running after him :D ). Odd. But a very good player, nonetheless., I have to add.

Aside #3: In training, they do that 2 in the middle game, keeping the ball off them. We've all seen snippets, but I've never seen it going full tank beginning to end. Every pair that came out the middle was utterly spent. It was good hearing the instructions being shouted out - which was basically a reminder that they had to work together to get the ball. Interesting. About 60% of the players spent about 60% of their time doing this. The others seemed to just do stretching. I'd need to look at my pictures to confirm, but I think it might have been the guys that played the longest who were in this group. Makes sense to rest them.

Aside #4: I was most impressed with BM's right winger, Hermann. Would sign him in a minute. Nowt to do with the goal he scored. He's a very lively winger who hogs the touchline. Fortunately they didn't give him much of the ball, because he was devastating when they did. Then again, Berardi was pulling in tight, giving him space, but I'm guessing he was acting under orders.

Aside #5: Not sure if you noticed, but even though all the players had been allocated their numbers, no names were on them. Not sure what that means exactly, but suggests to me that there are other leavers waiting for that call to the office. Watch out Antonsson & possibly Bridcutt or Doukara!

Aside #6: WCD, yes, the passing was good. Crisp, short & long, into space & into feet. Very good mix. On balance, I have to say that this often happens in pre-season matches, in my experience, as they have a little more time on the ball to think.

11. Whitejock

Actually, forgot to mention another thing about the match. Noticed it a few times, particularly with Alioski & on one occasion, Wood. They'd have the ball out wide & received no support whatsoever whilst they were surrounded by defenders. It was almost like their team-mates were going all out to impress the manager & wanted to get the ball passed to them around the goal, rather than give options on the wing. Hoping the management crack down on that. Supposed to be a team game.

12. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Thank you buddy really enjoyed reading that.

A few have doubted that Wood will have another great season. Be interesting to see the outcome of that if Alioski can ping in some early crosses from the left. Woods goals at home to Wednesday and away to Newcastle spring to mind, instant and instinctive, should thrive off that service.

Does Ekuban remind you of any other player (not necessarily Leeds)? Seen a few clips but can't really tell what his style is.

Personally am a bit confused at the signing of Anita if it is to play right back, would be gutted if Ayling got squeezed out.

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thanks Jock good read mate, so it looks a bit better than when Dave took the guys paddling then. On Samu everything I've read and seen points to him being the best player in Spain outside the top flight. Loads of clubs chasing him and the time it took to land him says a lot about what the club think about him. Maybe he aint fit enough yet or playing in a strange system? Hope to see more of him this weekend.

Ekubahn reminds me of Yeboha, not in looks but in the way he plays as hes direct and the way he passes the ball into the net (In the vids seen) Great to have many more options this season but if you had to pick a couple to exit the club?

Whitejock likes this.
  14. Whitejock

Ekuban reminded me of Yeboah, but didn't want to say it out loud for fear of setting too high an expectation. A young Yeboah, perhaps? :D To be perfectly fair, I haven't seen a great deal of him, but that was the comparison that flashed through my mind whilst watching him. Early days.

Dunno about Anita situation. Gives us options, I guess, especially if we're still playing Berardi at LB & need Ayling to do a CB stint. TBH, I'd have been happy with Coyle staying put, but being farmed out can only help his development (I hope).

Marcos Barber likes this.
  15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

WJ Hope you and Mrs WJ are enjoying yourselves and thanks for the match report <applause><applause>

Whitejock likes this.
  16. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Great report.

17. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

How do you know?
    He could be spouting any old bollocks.
    Not saying he is, just saying you cant know the quality of his musing.

18. lifecheshirewhite

He confirmed what we've seen on the highlights <doh>

19. Chippy / Glory

Pretty pointless writing it if he is only giving a viewpoint ll could have written from his bedroom.
    Hopefully its better than that!

20. Chippy / Glory

A couple of points.
    1. Can you let the hook hit the water before snaffling the bait.
    2. Can you leave some bait for other fish, you dont need to eat every bit.

#fished

Jammy 07 likes this.