1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Libya Right or Wrong!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Mar 23, 2011.

1. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Haven't had time to read all the posts on this thread...impressive to get from the Libyan crisis to Norwegian potholes though. Here's a challenge...get from said potholes to mango ice cream. It must be possible!

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That's quite easy Theo - potholes are generally filled with black sticky substance that hardens - but that is not the favourite sort of filling for me - I like soft fillings but nothing too cold - what do others think? .........

3. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I used to have mango trees in my garden in Oz. They fruit around November/December, attracting a veritable armada of fruit bats. Although not black, fruit bat poo is decidedly sticky and if left unattended can set quite hard. Highly recommended for pot holes in the garden path, but particularly difficult to remove from solar panels on the roof.

We solved the problem by removing the mango trees and replacing them with citrus - only to find that not only did the bats love them too, but the green ants found the trees to be a perfect home.

Sometimes you just can't beat nature.

4. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Trick is not to fight nature ,but to roll with it:)

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Now Norway - I think you might have a good plan there :)

6. Norwayhornet

You know it makes sense Leo ;)

7. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

So we get criticised for not bombing enough and then when we do we get criticised for bombing rebels by mistake. We all know that even in gulf wars with the tagging of coalition armour mistakes are made, we're at the point where the opposition forces need to stand up and co-ordinate their ctions rather than the frankly pathetic run forward run back they've been engaging in so far. Can you imagine them against a proper military force?

8. Norwayhornet

they would get slaughtered! and will do against gadaffis forces without allied air support!

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you Aberdeen - the sort of "war" they are fighting makes mistakes not only possible but probable

10. Norwayhornet

In any combat zone the most important thing is good comms,without this then cock ups will happen! if UN pilot cant communicate with rebel ground forces then the ground forces will have the worst of it!!!

11. Norwayhornet

The other problem is the chain of command although politically correct is crap if you are on the ground awaiting decisions!! these decisions need to be taken quickly not sorted by commitee meetings and take hours which renders them out of date!

12. Norwayhornet

Gaddafi(mad dog used to be his nickname in years gone by) is killing his own people with cluster bombs!!!! as has been suggested is this the precursor to ground invasion!

13. Norwayhornet

Could also just be true reporting ,but I think the politicians are preparing the public for the next stage,under the continued guise of humanitarian aid!
    food and water supplies could not be accurately dispersed and would be as likely to get to pro gaddaffi forces rather than the civilians he is attacking! especially if he has forces inside the misrata population ,which he will have!

14. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

ffs send in the ffl regime removal is now inextricably linked with civilian protection. Anyone else think that definitely wasnt gaddafi the other day in tripoli

15. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Theres an animal that comes into my dads garsen digs holes a foot deep and poos in them- if we could identify what its we could train them to patrol the roads filling potholes as they go.

As for lybia i broadly support it its arab led and inspirered.

Its also important to note both our ( the intervention in sierra leone) and the international communty( what iscurrently doing in ivory coast).

Zimbabwe is a huge problem but the neighbouring states cant and wont agree to do anthying and without their agreement action is imposibble

16. Norwayhornet

17. Norwayhornet

should make Leo a lot happier:)

18. Norwayhornet

Britain pledges £2m to help get people out of misrata, over 1000 already evacuated! Why not take out the forces shelling the city?

19. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That's what I don't understand - I suppose they cannot see where they are if they are mobile batteries so cannot airstrike them.

20. Norwayhornet

They are obviously using human shields!! take em out anyway will save more lives in the long run ,collateral damage! I know that sounds harsh but it would save more lives ,whether it is politically expedient is another matter!!