1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liberty

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

As at this evening there's still 38 unsold seats for the Burnley game , proof we don't need to expand <laugh>

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Some fans are so short sighted it's alarming......We have a very small ground for a championship ground today let alone the premiership....Not good for a team that wants to grow and keep up with other clubs who see the benefits of expanding and some of those already have bigger stadiums than us but want to expand even more...If you cant see the logic in that i cant help you....

3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Now you know

Edit...........The only increase at the Liberty will be the ticket prices.

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Dai - where do you get that the Ospreys pay £1m? I've looked at the Companies House Beta website and reviewed both Ospreys Rugby Ltd & SSMCs Published Accounts and there's no indication of a charge of that level in either.

5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

So if we go down we need to expand even though we have never filled the stadium for a championship game. So it is just we need a big ground as others have yhem even though in the championship it will never be filled, if we stay up I get maybe a 5000 increase as there are foe certain games people wanting tickets.

6. trundles left foot

I get that we may sell out now, as circumstances have changed and we actually look like we could win a game, just wondering from October on have we always sold out.

7. swanseaandproud

<doh> We have filled the stadium plenty of times....What about those who could not get a ST because we sold out.....They have disappeared i suppose......Think small and we will always be small and our size has hindered us attracting good players more than once......

8. trundles left foot

We filled the stadium for the Forest play off semi final and maybe Leeds once whilst in the championship show me the plenty of times we filled that stadium whilst not in the Pl, I never missed a game when we played then or in L1 and we very very rarely played to full houses. In the Championship 20,00 is to big for us.

9. swanseaandproud

Trunds if you don't want to expand that's your choice. I believe we need to Expand to grow....you don't need to make a song and dance over it.....

10. trundles left foot

This is the season we got promoted, didn't sell out once, but if we get relegated we need a bigger ground. Highest against Leeds, Cardiff and Norwich. Lowest, 19000, lowest 12000 against Coventry, average was about 15000. Stadium would look great with 15000 seats empty, that would improve the atmosphere.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.

11. trundles left foot

If we stay up I get it, if we go down ut would be a waste of money and as I said a half empty stadium helps no one.

12. swanseaandproud

And staying small don't do anything......We have the fan base but cant accommodate them.....not good for a team that wants to reach the highest level we can... think small you stay small with little attraction. think big and sky's the limit ......we are a small fish in a big pond when we could easily be a big fish in a big pond.....Even if we go down we need to expand for the future or we will never get anywhere....

13. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Having more seats these days doesn't mean as much as it did 25 years ago . 25 years ago 90% of incoming money came from ticket sales and money spent at stadiums from ticket holders . These days something like 30 % of incoming money comes from the same means .

14. swanseaandproud

Having more seats generate more income and better atmosphere.....Ours stadium is fit for league one and far too small. It's not even big enough for the majority of the away supporters of other clubs....2,000 away tickets is very poor allocation....

15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

2000 tickets was far too many for the Premier League Champions at the last home game.

16. swanseaandproud

And that's your logic...omg...

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Man Utd at St Helens <laugh><laugh><laugh> The most idiotic post EVER on not606 <laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  18. swanseaandproud

Go check at the massive games that has been held at St Helens in the past you numpty.. <doh>

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Do you really think that St Helens would be an appropriate venue to play Man Utd? Then again, you did say that Rush and Charles have better records than Fergie <laugh>

20. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Lets be honest here Rush are better than Fergie and Charles is better than Fergie. ;)

But Fergie is better looking. :)

Stumpy likes this.