1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Letters published in the Hull Daily Mail/Pitchgate.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Mar 31, 2017.

1. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I'm telling you i don't read any reports about any of the Hull sporting teams in the local media.
    I don't know why people don't just live and let live about the sport other than squabble like in a playground.

2. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

For me, I had no grudge against FC until I read a bit of that retarded website a few years back where they were so anti-City they could have been Leeds.

I can't really forget how that site made me feel at the time, and there hasn't been a lot I've seen from FC fans since, (including friends who support Rugby) that has changed my opinion.

I don't have the same issue with KR fans despite being West Hull. There just doesn't seem to be the same level of inbredness or animosity from them.

I guess they were the sort who were supportive of Hull City during the 80s whereas the tubbylard FC fans are the ones who supported Leeds.

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ likes this.
  3. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

Pretty much spot on this post.

4. Edelman

Dont kid yourself I know Rovers fans that laugh when City lose.
    Strange City.

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Drove to Liverpool one night to watch City ( mid week game) A couple of cars had followed for some miles along the M62 and tagged on behind us. We pulled onto a bomb site car park run by some young scallys and the two tailing cars pulled up alongside us. Both cars sporting several HKR car stickers and the occupants got out all wearing red and white scarves, now Liverpool fans for the night.

6. Edelman

Like I said weird place.

7. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The bloke who ran that site had a signature which read "Hull FC and Leeds United - Pride Of Yorkshire". Saw him interviewed on TV once, sneering at City.
    Another regular contributor had a signature with the FC and Liverpool badges entwined over Old Faithful - You'll Never Walk Alone.
    Though Rovers in general aren't as hostile they still have their fair share. I know someone who got into an argument in a pub in Hull the day of a City game with a load of blokes cheering Liverpool on in the lunchtime kick off. He asked them why they didn't support their local team. We do came the reply, Rovers! An argument ensued, one of them told him to shut up as he was on his own. A poster on here, who he didn't know at the time, had heard this and came across, stood next to him and announced that he wasn't on his own. They shut up. I now know that poster as he introduced me one week. It was someone I had argued with many a time on CI. We have diametrically opposed views and politics and other things but got on great when we actually met.
    Have had a few good sessions with him since.

8. Barchullona

Hull? Don't think people from Liverpool drive miles to support a club from another city.

9. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to say that I know City fans who are closet L'pool fans - my absolute loathing of L'pool was cemented after the away League Cup game in '71/2? I'd have liked to have gone but I was on ****ty money at the time and just couldn't afford it, a mate who I went to BP with turned hero when he said his dad had asked him if he and a couple of mates wanted to go ... too right, they were a good team then and we'd probably get hammered but a chance to see City at Anfield? I was having it.

Come the day of the game I threw a sickie and went to my mates, off we set and started talking about the match, it was weird they seemed more interested in Keegan, Callaghan & Heighway than the likes of Waggy, Knighton, Greenwood, Pancho etc. After taking forever getting there it came as no surprise when my two City mates and the ''fat **** ANTI-City dad'' got red and white scarves out of the boot and proceeded to tell me I'd have to leave my City scarves in the car if I was going on the kop with them.

Needless to say I said I was going with the City fans, we lost 3/4 nil but watching us take them on was brilliant. I did get my own back though, we played B'pool at home soon after, during the game I got a rough ****er who I knew from our school days in East Hull to ask this pair of ****s if they'd enjoyed the cup game. I can still see them slavering now!

Kempton likes this.
  10. Barchullona

3-0. Three lasses off the bus we used to go on got attacked on the way back to the bus, got a kicking and had their scarves nicked. The next day the Hull Daily Mail was waffling on about how great it was for City fans to have a chance to experience the legendary warmth and wit of the Liverpool fans.

11. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I don't read any reports either, just quote the fantasy ratings for entertainment or atmosphere. Snowflake reporting, write no evil, read no evil.
    It's a drip - drip - drip of self-supporting BS that hoodwinks the floating punter (of which there are many in this fickle city).
    I have to break bread with all sorts of local sports fans and too many of the non HCFC ones revel in our troubles, see nothing wrong in being an armchair fan of the big 6 bit local RL fan (yes, there really are ****s so ****ing dense they can't see the contradiction in that!) and their support and cash fills up the coffers of local RL or top 6 PL teams instead of bolstering ours.
    I also have trade 'banter' with some of these emboldened remedials for whom a win v Wakey trumps up a City draw at Man U- thanks to the HDM grooming them to believe that all our local clubs have equally difficult challenges in their leagues.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  12. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

That's the very one, just shows the HDM hasn't altered one iota in the 45 years in between then and now. The scallies are good at picking small groups & lasses off, or bricking the end coach in a convoy.

13. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I work with one of the ****er's. His adopted football team? Manchester United!

There are retards everywhere.

Kempton and Edelman like this.
  14. Barchullona

See there was over 23,000 at Wigan v St Helens. Two places whose combined population is about 100,000 less than that of Hull. But Hull is the capital of rugby league with the biggest Derby in the universe and everywhere else.

15. City Man

But what was their atmosphere rating?

16. Barchullona

The Wigan paper gave it 9. The HDM gave it 3.

17. City Man

By popular request, here are the scores on the doors from HDM:-

Tigers- Hornets. Entertainment 8/10, Atmos 8/10
    Leigh- Robins, Entertainment 9/10 , Atmos 9/10 ( att.3,818)
    Airlie Birds-Tigers, Entertainment 8/10, Atmos 7/10 (att. 12,801 allegedly)

So as usual, the lower the crowd the better it gets.
    This was the best atmosphere of the season at City with a large proportion of the crowd backing them vocally and going nuts when the goals went in. Thankyou Bobby Madley for kick starting that.
    The Hornets have no star larkers so there was a pleasing lack of ****s in the crowd just come to gawp idly at visiting celebrities and take pics during their warm up. It was like a proper Championship game in this respect and the crowd was quality for that reason. No passengers except small groups of Icelanders, Italians, Swiss, Poles who were there for proper reasons.

18. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Entertainment and atmosphere are subjective, are you seriously moaning about one or two marks? All three games were good. City got a vital win after unfairly getting a man sent off, FC beat the best team in the league despite having a man unfairly sent off and Rovers beat the team that took their place in Super League causing a cup upset. It was a great weekend for all the city's sports teams.

19. City Man

Yes, an unusually good weekend with all three teams winning, but winning in challenging circumstances.
    I don't know much about RL, but if they have relegation now in SL , maybe certain teams want to get out of the cup, just like in football?
    I struggle to see how Castleford can make Hull seem like plucky underdogs. It's an old pit village with less much less wealth around it, and even leaving that aside, SL is much more of a level playing field than the PL.

20. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

You're right RL is a much more even playing field than football, there's no denying that. Castleford are by far and away the best team this season, they may be a small town with a small fan base but excellent recruiting and a great coach has got them playing good stuff. As for the cup, teams generally go all out to win it, you don't need to win many games to get to the final and it's still viewed as a prestigious trophy to those in the game.

Edelman likes this.